+4
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
Kaijuko
stengos
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Empty Re: An Adventure in Space and Time 27th August 2019, 8:18 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Ronnie wrote:So I just found out about Twice Upon a Time.... Dare I ask what it's like? (anyone)

I mean, I know it will be rubbish, but.... Did they do Bradley/Hartnell/First Doctor any justice at all?
As Iank points out, they portray Hartnell’s Doctor as a chuvanist sexist and never justify this decision at any point. Then again, it is basically Moffat’s personality bleeding through the script, given that he described Hartnell as ‘dispensable’, ‘misremembered’ and ‘an old guy in the lead who can’t remember his lines’, so I assume he took pride in writing him that way.

Oh- and they also retcon his regeneration by making him not want to change, akin to Tennant, even though anyone with a remote understanding of Hartnell’s character and the original regeneration (‘It’s far from being all over’) will see how this doesn’t work.

Well I've just "acquired" Twice Upon A Time', (and 'Resolution', which I gather is Doctress Who's first Dalek story)
They're hard-subbed in Czech, but don't care because I figure it can't possibly make them any worse.
In fact, trying to figure out a few Czech words along the way will probably make the episodes far more interesting. LOL
I wish you luck- you’ll need it prior to watching these.  To be honest, I’d advise that you focus purely on the Czech subtitles rather than the episodes themselves.

Then again, I can’t say much, given that I’ve also recently indulged in watching lots of crap New Who and tearing them apart on this forum. LOL

Thanks. Big Grin
The missus is having a girlie night and staying over at her friend's house on Friday, so that might be the best time to do it. LOL
Let us know your thoughts afterwards, as predictable as they’ll be. LOL
In all seriousness, I have a feeling you’ll hate these more than any other New Who story you’ve seen, as was my case.

27An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Empty Re: An Adventure in Space and Time 27th August 2019, 8:33 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Ronnie wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Ronnie wrote:So I just found out about Twice Upon a Time.... Dare I ask what it's like? (anyone)

I mean, I know it will be rubbish, but.... Did they do Bradley/Hartnell/First Doctor any justice at all?
As Iank points out, they portray Hartnell’s Doctor as a chuvanist sexist and never justify this decision at any point. Then again, it is basically Moffat’s personality bleeding through the script, given that he described Hartnell as ‘dispensable’, ‘misremembered’ and ‘an old guy in the lead who can’t remember his lines’, so I assume he took pride in writing him that way.

Oh- and they also retcon his regeneration by making him not want to change, akin to Tennant, even though anyone with a remote understanding of Hartnell’s character and the original regeneration (‘It’s far from being all over’) will see how this doesn’t work.

Well I've just "acquired" Twice Upon A Time', (and 'Resolution', which I gather is Doctress Who's first Dalek story)
They're hard-subbed in Czech, but don't care because I figure it can't possibly make them any worse.
In fact, trying to figure out a few Czech words along the way will probably make the episodes far more interesting. LOL
I wish you luck- you’ll need it prior to watching these.  To be honest, I’d advise that you focus purely on the Czech subtitles rather than the episodes themselves.

Then again, I can’t say much, given that I’ve also recently indulged in watching lots of crap New Who and tearing them apart on this forum. LOL

Thanks. Big Grin
The missus is having a girlie night and staying over at her friend's house on Friday, so that might be the best time to do it. LOL

You certainly don't want anyone you know catching you watching it. PS did anyone see we have a new parody account of Moffhack? Looks like it could be quite fun LOL LOL LOL

28An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Empty Re: An Adventure in Space and Time 27th August 2019, 8:36 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

burrunjor wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

Thanks. Big Grin

You certainly don't want anyone you know catching you watching it. PS did anyone see we have a new parody account of Moffhack? Looks like it could be quite fun LOL LOL LOL
I noticed! I’m looking forward to seeing them go on about how crap William Hartnell and Tom Baker were in the role, and about how Missy was his greatest achievement. LOL LOL LOL

29An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Empty Re: An Adventure in Space and Time 27th August 2019, 8:45 am

Ludders

Ludders

I’ve only heard about Missy. That’s one of the main reasons I’ve been staunch about not going back and watching it ‘properly’, so to speak.
I can’t remember whether the character shows up in Magicians Apprentice or not, but I’ve never seen that whole saga and I’m happy to keep it that way. 😂

30An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Empty Re: An Adventure in Space and Time 27th August 2019, 9:20 am

iank

iank

She does.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

31An Adventure in Space and Time - Page 2 Empty Re: An Adventure in Space and Time 27th August 2019, 9:39 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Ronnie wrote:I’ve only heard about Missy. That’s one of the main reasons I’ve been staunch about not going back and watching it ‘properly’, so to speak.
I can’t remember whether the character shows up in Magicians Apprentice or not, but I’ve never seen that whole saga and I’m happy to keep it that way. 😂

Missy is the single worst thing ever to appear in DW. Far more so than Jodie. Jodie is just a lightweight, mamby pamby Doctor, but Missy is actively annoying.

Also all the same problems with Jodie are there with Missy too, PC posturing, the producer just casting his mate, you're not allowed to say you dislike it or you're a bigot etc.

I often like to contrast Missy with Mark Hamill's Joker from the DCAU. Its embarrassing for DW fans to see the quality of villain they were served up compared to Bat fans.

Mark's Joker was brilliant because he embodied all aspects of the clown prince of crime's persona. He could be silly like Romero, chaotic like Ledger, and had a sick sense of humour like Nicholson. On top of that he also brought a lot of new aspects to the Joker's persona too, such as Jokers relationship with the Harley Quinn character. Finally Mark also won the role, solely because he gave the best audition.

Missy meanwhile threw EVERYTHING about the Masters character out. His hatred for the Doctor, his manipulative nature, his hypnotic powers, even the TCE. None of it appears. Worst of all though, his desire to rule the universe is tossed out. Missy never tries to take over the world, and in her first story she hands over a Cyber army and says she doesn't need one!

The clues in the fucking name Moffat. Why do you think he calls himself THE MASTER! Having a Master like Missy who doesn't want to rule the universe is like having a version of the Joker that isn't a clown!

Gomez was also only cast because of PC posturing, and because she was Moffat's friend and asked for a part earlier.

Still DW fans deserve it. This is what happens when you sell out your franchise in an embarassing attempt to be liked. Batman fans would never be happy with their character being changed beyond all recognition, just so some snobby elitist twats wouldn't laugh at them for liking comic books. They had pride in the concept, and characters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum