You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Roger Moore James Bond movie?

5 posters

Best Moore Bond film?

Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_lcap40%Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_rcap 40% [ 2 ]
Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_lcap0%Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_lcap20%Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_lcap20%Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_lcap0%Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? Empty Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? 21st August 2019, 9:50 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've always loved Moonraker. I once read a review that said the film was "lacking in excitement." I'm not sure how a film that features Bond blasting off into OUTER SPACE could not be seen as exciting. I love it a lot. The music is out of this world:

2Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? Empty Re: Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? 21st August 2019, 9:53 am

iank

iank

Spy, though LALD, Moonraker, FYEO and AVTOA are all huge favourites of mine and not far behind.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? Empty Re: Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? 21st August 2019, 9:55 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

A View to a Kill is incredibly underrated. The fight on top of the Golden Gate Bridge is one of the very best showdowns in the entire series.

4Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? Empty Re: Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? 21st August 2019, 9:59 am

iank

iank

Oh absofuckinglutely. It's a fantastic climax, though it's just the icing in the cake. Walken is a fucking deranged ass villain, and it's got JOHN FUCKING STEED in there too FFS.

Nah. I'll go watch SPECTRE instead. I think not... Laughing

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? Empty Re: Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? 21st August 2019, 10:14 am

stengos

stengos

Live and Let Die. There was a toughness or hardness about Moore in that one that was missing in all his others.

Then The Man With the Golden Gun and The Spy Who Loved Me. Not sure which order. Probably Spy at 2 and Gun at 3.

The rest are okay with occasional special moments in them.

And i agree that the music for Moonraker is excellent. I have the soundtrack on vinyl somewhere.

Last edited by stengos on 22nd August 2019, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? Empty Re: Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? 22nd August 2019, 10:52 pm

Mott1

Mott1

It was me that voted for Octopussy! There, I've said it.

Never got on board with the voodoo in LaLD but I like JW Pepper, Yaphet Kotto is a seriously underrated villain and the title song is a McCartney classic (and I'm no Beatles fan!) Golden Gun is redeemed by Christopher Lee, I find Spy a bit overrated, Moonraker is the Bond / Star Wars send up that Austin Powers wanted to be, Eyes is ok and View increasingly messy IMO. Octopussy is not generally liked but has all the charm, glamour and bonkers acting (Steven Berkoff) anyone could want. And even Roger as the clown doesn't bother me, it just makes it official!

7Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? Empty Re: Best Roger Moore James Bond movie? 23rd August 2019, 1:01 am

Ludders

Ludders

Live and Let Die was the peak of Roger Moore's Bond movies. It's actually quite good, but should've been a one-off.
Roger Moore's Bond is basically The Saint at best, and a Thunderbird puppet at worst, but with more corny lines.
Being a fan of Christopher Lee, I wish I could vote for The Man With the Golden Gun, but it's dire. As are the rest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum