+3
Zarius
Bernard Marx
ClockworkOcean
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Twelfth Doctor* Chronicles incoming in 2020!

Big Finish shamelessly exploit Peter Capaldi's image Medium

Katy Manning was mistaken - Capaldi isn't involved at all, they're just cynically cashing in on their rights to use his image. They've replaced him with an impersonator who not only sounds nothing like him, but actually sounds more like a drunk David Tennant. And yes, you read that price tag correctly. Briggs is charging the same price for the work of a mediocre impersonator as he is for productions featuring the original main cast members. How nice it must be for Tom, Peter, Colin & Sylvester to know that their work is valued.

Big Finish shamelessly exploit Peter Capaldi's image Facepa11

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

My God, he does sound like a drunk Tennant! 😂
I’ve not been arsed with any of Big Finish’s recent works, and I’m glad I haven’t spent anything on it. I’m not surprised Capaldi didn’t actually return, given how badly the New Who production team have served him. And good on him as well- I’m glad he’s decided to preserve his dignity.

Zarius

Zarius

Dead Media indeed.

It's like even they know.

stengos

stengos

I think there is a Matt Smith one aswell but again its not matt smith. If you see what i mean.

To me this is little more than fan-fic. The original attraction of BF was having the beloved actors in their old roles again.

Well worth £20 though.

tdyeruygiugfxhdf.

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

stengos wrote:To me this is little more than fan-fic. The original attraction  of BF was having the beloved actors in their old roles again.

It truly has descended into pure YouTube fan fiction territory. Why anyone would even consider paying £20 for this, I do not know. They're perfectly within their rights to create it, but if I were one of the original actors, I'd be pretty pissed off that they're selling it for the same price as my work. It suggests that they think they're somehow equal to or bigger than the original show, as if "Big Finish" is some sort of major cultural phenomenon in its own right. It isn't. It's a production house and publisher, nothing more, and it owes its entire existence to the hard work of those who spent 26 years creating the televised series. Frankly, the total lack of respect and gratitude they've shown since obtaining the NuWho license in 2015 is appalling.

iank

iank

There's an Eccles one as well, I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Mott1

Mott1

How appropriate - the Nu Who version of the show is like a drunk impersonation itself!

burrunjor

burrunjor

Big Finish are beyond a parody now. I'm not surprised that Capaldi wants nothing to do with them.

Capaldi was an Oscar winner, with a very successful career behind him, who took a risk playing the Doctor. (Its a great role, but obviously one that typecasts you.)

They were lucky to get Capaldi, but they ultimately pushed him to the side, emasculated his Doctor, constantly focused on who his successor would be, gave him the most appalling stories, fired him and then put the blame on him for its failures with their "not universally loved" shit.

Look at the effect its had on his career post Who? He's barely worked. Meanwhile fucking Moffat, the person who is actually responsible for the 12th Doctors era being shit gets three tv shows and another iconic character to emasculate.

Is it any wonder he's bitter? I suspect we'll be seeing Eccelston levels of bitterness in years to come from Capaldi.

Since Big Finish are focusing on pandering to the same people that ruined Capaldi's chances in the role (they even had Whovian Feminism in their latest stream.) Is it any wonder he told them to go fuck themselves?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum