You are not connected. Please login or register

Warning - something else to avoid....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Warning - something else to avoid.... Empty Warning - something else to avoid.... 13th August 2019, 8:51 am

Ludders

Ludders

Just found out these clowns are going to ruin Dracula next.....

2Warning - something else to avoid.... Empty Re: Warning - something else to avoid.... 13th August 2019, 10:25 am

stengos

stengos

I am always prepared to try whatever Moffat does but i am under no illusions. Since about 2013 his output has been very poor - Sherlock and Dr Who. I am unclear as to why he is so in demand tbh. Who viewing figures went thru the floor when he was show runner. The chaps who commission TV programmes don't seem to be either waking up or smelling the coffee.

Anway, his RTD era stories were good. I personally liked Jekyl with Nesbit and i enjoyed his comedy Coupling. So Dracula could be a return to form. I have faith in the Baby Jesus and he will guide us thru this ...

affraid ... oh fuck its gonna be crap isn't it .....  affraid

3Warning - something else to avoid.... Empty Re: Warning - something else to avoid.... 13th August 2019, 10:59 am

Ludders

Ludders

stengos wrote:

affraid ... oh fuck its gonna be crap isn't it .....  affraid

LOL

Yep.

4Warning - something else to avoid.... Empty Re: Warning - something else to avoid.... 13th August 2019, 11:42 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

He's already cast Van Helsing as a woman. I actually don't mind a female Van Helsing, as long as its a descendant of the original. Rachel Van Helsing from Tomb of Dracula was a brilliant character for instance.

Still I have a feeling he's done it for the same reasons as Missy, IE to pander to his regressive critics, which really makes me wonder why doesn't he just go out and make a female led show. Why does he keep insisting on doing male characters and then either emasculating them or chopping their balls off?

Its pathetic.

5Warning - something else to avoid.... Empty Re: Warning - something else to avoid.... 13th August 2019, 11:53 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

stengos wrote: I am unclear as to why he is so in demand tbh. Who viewing figures went thru the floor when he was show runner. The chaps who commission TV programmes don't seem to be either waking up or smelling the coffee.

Well in fairness to Moffat, I would put much of the *initial* ratings drop in Series 5 down to the fact that any change to the RTD formula was going to alienate some who would struggle to see it as the same show anymore or weren't used to being more challenged by the show, and there were a lot of young fans just waiting to hate Matt Smith's Doctor simply for not being Tennant.

Infact the best ratings Moffat's era got were for Tennant's comeback in Day of the Doctor.

For that first year I think Moffat did a solid job, so it probably would've happened under anyone. His only crime there seemed to be that he wasn't pandering to celebrity culture or the soap/Reality TV crowd anymore.

It's true that some of the later ratings drops could be put down to him making an ungodly mess of the arcs of Series 6, 8 and 9 and testing even the most loyal fans to their last patience and interest.

But it seems to me that downward trajectory in viewers was rolling long before then, from the moment Tennant left.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum