You are not connected. Please login or register

Superman: The Movie (1978) vs Batman (1989)

+5
stengos
REDACTED
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
9 posters

Superman: The Movie (1978) vs Batman (1989)

Superman: The Movie (1978) vs Batman (1989) I_vote_lcap60%Superman: The Movie (1978) vs Batman (1989) I_vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Superman: The Movie (1978) vs Batman (1989) I_vote_lcap40%Superman: The Movie (1978) vs Batman (1989) I_vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Which do you like better?

I absolutely adore both films. I think I'm going to go for Superman just because I love the trio of villains and Richard Donner's direction so much. I recommend the three-hour version if you want to see more scenes of Ortis irritating Lex Big Grin

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:if you want to see more scenes of Ortis irritating Lex Big Grin

"Otisburgh?..... OTIS-BURGH!?"

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Superman (1978) without a shadow of a doubt. I'm not fond of the 1989 Batman movie, I think it focuses too much on Joker, and I'm not fond of Batman killing willy nilly. Atmosphere and music is spot on though, I won't deny that.

REDACTED

Batman without a doubt.

One of the best cinema experiences I ever had...

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Batman for me. Burton’s overall eye for neo-noir inspired direction (as inspired by Blade Runner, a true favourite of mine) and Elfman’s superb score push it above Superman for me, though I really enjoy both films.

stengos

stengos

Superman The Movie. Chris Reeve was excellent in the role, managing to deftly play two distinct characters - Clark and Supie. May not sound much but Henry Cavil's Clark just seems to be his Supie in a suit. And this film got the relationship between Clark / Supie and Lois just right.

Burton's Batman was good. Nicholson nailed it with his take on The Joker.

iank

iank

Batman for me too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Doctor7

For me this is a tough one ultimately superman by a small thin hair. I love both though. But yes Batman killing does get on me a little ! I am glad in the comics bob Kane decided to not have Batman kill anymore.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

On a somewhat unrelated note, albeit one related to Batman (1989): For anyone with a 4K player, I’d advise that you probably not buy the Batman 4K, given that the 1930s stylised noir sound effects have been completely replaced with modernised sound mixing, which basically deprives the film of a good proportion of its identity. Although this is only a suggestion- I’ll still keep my copy of it.

Ludders

Ludders

Batman is just a better character, so Batman by default.
Though I did enjoy Man of Steel far more than any of the Reeve movies.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Superman.

Definitely had more heart of the two.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:Batman without a doubt.

One of the best cinema experiences I ever had...

Burton's Gotham is incredible. I would have loved to have seen that on the big screen.

Superman: The Movie (1978) vs Batman (1989) Gotham10

Superman: The Movie (1978) vs Batman (1989) Gotham11

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I really like Danny Elfman's phenomenal score for Batman. I went to a live performance of Danny Elfman's themes for the Tim Burton movies at the Royal Albert Hall in 2014 and I got goosebumps when they performed this:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum