You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite classic video games.

+3
Pepsi Maxil
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Tanmann
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite classic video games. Empty Favourite classic video games. 28th July 2019, 5:24 pm

REDACTED

Anyone else here into retro gaming and if so, what are your favorites?

2Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 28th July 2019, 6:06 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Mercury wrote:Anyone else here into retro gaming and if so, what are your favorites?

I love video games, and retro ones are no exception. I consider the NES to the Dreamcast to be the retro years (1985-2001) Granted, I do think that a majority of NES games have not aged well, besides Super Mario bros 3 and Mega Man 3-6, but a lot of SNES games are phenomenal, some of them being some of my favourite games of all time. Here's a few of my favourite retro games.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71866mPB6PL._SX425_.jp

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTLPzQC9oNQWFaGNCWyMsWALq_1Zjc4vidwcccYi5-jpzb1cynH

https://gamefiles.alphacoders.com/boxart/original/front/14066-1.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61Nhmj9jOJL._SY355_.jpg

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/metalgear/images/3/3c/SLUS-00594-F-ALL.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151227080509

3Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 28th July 2019, 6:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

This has got to be one of my childhood favourites for the C64.

Moving onto the Megadrive, Sonic is definitely up there too. As is Zool, and Robocop vs Terminator.

4Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 28th July 2019, 8:19 pm

stengos

stengos

Defender.

Asteroids - with the simple line graphics rather than the more detailed cartoony ones of later generation versions of the game.

The PS1 Time Crisis games. You have a gun and a foot pedal and you just go bat shit razy shooting people.

Can we include the PS2 in this? If so I quite like the PS2 James Bond games - e.g., From Russia with Love, Goldeneye, Agent Under Fire, Tomorrow Never Dies.

5Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 28th July 2019, 8:23 pm

REDACTED

stengos wrote:Defender.

Asteroids - with the simple line graphics rather than the more detailed cartoony ones of later generation versions of the game.

The PS1 Time Crisis games. You have a gun and a foot pedal and you just go bat shit razy shooting people.

Can we include the PS2 in this? If so I quite like the PS2 James Bond games - e.g., From Russia with Love, Goldeneye, Agent Under Fire, Tomorrow Never Dies.

Goldeneye was for the N64 and it remains one of my all time favorites.

Tomorrow Never Dies wasn't that great IMO.

Nightfire was my favorite of the post GE Bond Games.

6Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 28th July 2019, 8:27 pm

REDACTED

Tanmann wrote:This has got to be one of my childhood favourites for the C64.

Moving onto the Megadrive, Sonic is definitely up there too. As is Zool, and Robocop vs Terminator.

Zool was okay, but Sonic And RVT were the shit.

7Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 28th July 2019, 8:30 pm

REDACTED

Also, is anyone else here a fan of the original Grand Theft Auto games from 1997-2006.

8Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 28th July 2019, 8:48 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Mercury wrote:Also, is anyone else here a fan of the original Grand Theft Auto games from 1997-2006.

I am a fan of the GTA series in general. I wouldn't rate GTA 3 highly, as I think it has too much of a difficulty spike early on. But I adore Vice City (the very first videogame I ever played along with Sonic Heroes on the PS2) so much, Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories are great as well, and both San Andreas and 4 are my favourite in the series. 5's great, but there's something about it that doesn't make me come back to it compared to the others. I'd also like to mention Bully and Red Dead Redemption as being fantastic games as well.

9Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 4th August 2019, 11:18 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I generally only play older games because they don't have all the bullshit new games come with, more artistic value etc

I didn't love GTA too much because there was always far too much to do to 100% and the gameplay wasn't very stimulating

I loved a lot of PS1 games like Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil, Xenogears ...

Early PC RTS games are great too, like Command and Conquer, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Starcraft, Total Annihilation etc

10Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 5th August 2019, 10:01 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm a bit younger so I grew up on the PS and then the PS2. My uncle used to let me borrow his Atari, but I can't remember specific game names.

My favourites would be:

1. Prisoner of War (PS2)- A game with a real identity and an effective atmosphere. Definitely better than the Great Escape game that came out a year later.
2. Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PS1)- So many childhood memories. I didn't have a memory card so I had to play from the very beginning every single time I wanted to play it.
3. Vice City (PS2)- Was the most violent game I had at the time. Really liked the Eighties vibe and music.
4. The Philosopher's Stone (PS1)- Loved running around Hogwarts for hours. Good times.
5. Nightfire (PS2)- The Bond games on PS2 were fantastic. This was easily the best of the bunch.

11Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 5th August 2019, 10:41 am

stengos

stengos

PS2 Bond Games.

Nightfire was too hard for me - the problems of having no IQ i guess. I'd get to the snow bound castle near the start and then couldnt work out what to do next.

I really liked the From Russia with Love game. Probably for no other reason than the fact its one of my favourite Bond films.

The thing i enjoyed most about these games was being bloodily murdered by my kids in the two player mode. Great fun.

Very Happy

12Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 5th August 2019, 10:53 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

stengos wrote:PS2 Bond Games.

Nightfire was too hard for me - the problems of having no IQ i guess. I'd get to the snow bound castle near the start and then couldnt work out what to do next.

I really liked the From Russia with Love game. Probably for no other reason than the fact its one of my favourite Bond films.

The thing i enjoyed most about these games was being bloodily murdered by my kids in the two player mode. Great fun.

Very Happy

I believe you go into the castle. There's some sort of party inside that the villain is hosting. Mind you, I haven't played it for ten years so I can't really remember an awful lot about the plot itself. I actually played FRWL before I saw the movie. ITV skipped over the film in their 2007 Bond marathon so I assumed that the game was an original story until I discovered that there was indeed a From Russia with Love movie about a year later. It's now my favourite Connery Bond film.

13Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 5th August 2019, 11:35 am

REDACTED

Nightfire was fucking brilliant, had the best multiplayer besides Goldeneye.

14Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 6th August 2019, 1:33 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I only usually picked up shitty games for the PS2 back when I had one.

I never played Nightfire but I thought Agent Under Fire was pretty underrated tbh, played the splitscreen a lot.

15Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 6th August 2019, 2:27 am

Doctor7

I loved nightfire ! So much better then the lifeless daniel craig bond games .

16Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 6th August 2019, 2:39 am

Doctor7

Now I want to get a ps2 again

17Favourite classic video games. Empty Re: Favourite classic video games. 8th September 2019, 8:10 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Emulate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum