You are not connected. Please login or register

What's next?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's next? Empty What's next? 16th July 2019, 10:35 am

REDACTED

Ghostbusters, Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, Terminator and now probably Bond.

What other series do you have a disturbing feeling will end up being corrupted by the PC squad?

2What's next? Empty Re: What's next? 16th July 2019, 12:01 pm

stengos

stengos

A revival of Blakes 7 retitled Blanche 7 with shipmates Blanche, Avril, Gayle, Vilma, Jimm-a and Calum. The ship will be called "Liberate yourself from the White Male patriarchy". Or maybe Liberator for short.

Critics will rave about the show saying its "fresh ... new ... radical ...exciting", "i never watched the original series but these changes are what the show needed", "the original Blake's 7 was always about change anyway" and "If you don't like this new, radical interpretation of this shit then you are misogynist, racist scum". It will be written by Phoeba Waller-Bridge and it will be Laurie Penny's directorial debut - previously a rather annoying whiney little student cum political activist, now hoping for a career change as an annoying, whiney director cum political activist.

The phasers used by the crew will be shaped like a vibrator. For no apparent reason.

It will be shit.

Last edited by stengos on 16th July 2019, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

3What's next? Empty Re: What's next? 16th July 2019, 12:19 pm

stengos

stengos

Every few years "they" try to revive the Saint. The last version i saw was the tv-movie with Adam Rayner and Eliza Dushku (played Faith in Buffy) dated 2017. Terrible film but not because of any SJW influences. Just poor acting and script. Both Ian Ogilvy and Roger Moore made guest appearances.

So i wonder if that might get the SJW treatment some time soon-ish with a female lead. I would have no objection to a female lead in this role- I have no particular attachment to Charteris' original creation - but its just how any production team might interpret and script it. Focus on the action and mystery element then it wouldn't bother me.

Another one could be the Rocky films. They still seem to be churning these out. I could imagine them focusing on a female boxer.

4What's next? Empty Re: What's next? 16th July 2019, 2:45 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Probably Mad Max.....

.... oh wait, too late.

5What's next? Empty Re: What's next? 16th July 2019, 4:41 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I always fear for Blake's 7. Hopefully they all just write it off as cheesy, low budget garbage and look for something else to ruin instead.

6What's next? Empty Re: What's next? 16th July 2019, 7:14 pm

REDACTED

Anyone else worried for Indiana Jones?

7What's next? Empty Re: What's next? 16th July 2019, 8:23 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Mercury wrote:Anyone else worried for Indiana Jones?

Not as much as I was now that Jonathan Kasdan is no longer involved. Replacement screenwriter Dan Fogelman has actually been criticised by SJWs for not going far enough, which is a good sign. Still, any Lucasfilm content released by Disney should be considered non-canon until it proves its worth.

8What's next? Empty Re: What's next? 18th July 2019, 8:34 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

At this rate I dread even Dirty Harry could be next

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum