+2
Tanmann
burrunjor
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unmade Classic Stories Empty Unmade Classic Stories 14th July 2019, 11:06 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Which unmande stories do you think could have worked?

The most interesting adventures for me would have to be.

Robots of Luxor: Obviously its good that we got the Daleks instead. Still I'm surprised this wasn't reworked for a later story. It has an interesting premise, similar to the classic play R.U.R.

The Three Doctors: An alternate version of this story would have seen The Doctors battle The Federation of Evil, dark counterparts to the Time Lords.

The Federation of Evil were commanded by Death itself, and the Three Doctors would have battled Centaurs, Zombies and Demons in the Federation's head quarters.

This would have been the craziest unmade story, and probably wouldn't have worked. (For one thing try doing that on a BBC budget? Also the first Doctor couldn't have exactly fought with Demons given Hartnell's health.)

The original 5 Doctors, which would have seen the Cybermen and the Master team up. (Elements of this were reworked into the Two Doctors, but I think it would have worked better here. Also Hurndall's Doctor was give a better explanation of being an android.)

Doctor Who Meets Scratchman. This would have been a fun story, though the latest adaptation didn't quite live up to the hype. Tom Baker and Vincent Price would have been a good combo at least.

2Unmade Classic Stories Empty Re: Unmade Classic Stories 14th July 2019, 11:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Listening to Big Finish's adaptations of The Elite, Song of the Megaptera, The Nightmare Fair, Point of Entry and Paradise 5 really makes me weep for what the Davison and Colin eras could've been.

3Unmade Classic Stories Empty Re: Unmade Classic Stories 15th July 2019, 12:10 am

iank

iank

Nightmare Fair is an obvious one. Leviathan, Paradise 5 and Night Thoughts were really good on BF too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Unmade Classic Stories Empty Re: Unmade Classic Stories 15th July 2019, 8:37 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Yeah, Nightmare Fair. I reckon we were robbed of a Colin Baker classic when they scrapped that. I've been meaning to get the novel by Graham Williams actually.

5Unmade Classic Stories Empty Re: Unmade Classic Stories 15th July 2019, 10:09 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Would've liked to have seen 'Song Of The Space Whale', (which eventually ended up as the Sixth Doctor audio 'Song Of the Megaptera') mostly because I like Pat Mills' stuff.  However, saying that, the abysmal 'The Beast Below' has dulled my enthusiasm for seeing any kind of space whale in Doctor Who.

6Unmade Classic Stories Empty Re: Unmade Classic Stories 15th July 2019, 10:27 am

stengos

stengos

The Nightmare Fair.
Masters of Luxor.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum