You are not connected. Please login or register

Back To The Future Thread

+3
Pepsi Maxil
Tanmann
Biff Tannen
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back To The Future Thread Empty Back To The Future Thread 5th July 2019, 4:37 pm

REDACTED

A thread to discuss the greatest movie trilogy of all time...

After the SW prequels that is. Wink

2Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 5th July 2019, 4:40 pm

Biff Tannen

Biff Tannen

Group Marshal Mercury wrote:After the SW prequels that is. Wink

That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.

3Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 6th July 2019, 12:33 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I once had a weird dream about a really 'woke' version of Back to the Future where Marty and Doc go back in time to help two women in the past come to terms with their secret, suppressed lesbianism and try and prevent them marrying their future husbands.

I think it came to a head in the present day when Doc and Marty observe the two women, now in old age, are dancing with their respective husbands on their anniversaries but both women keep checking their knickers, realizing they're not getting wet, so they try dancing together instead.

I think that was meant to be the happy ending but I can't fathom what any of it was meant to have to do with Back to the Future.

4Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 6th July 2019, 10:38 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Back to the Future 5/5: Possibly the greatest movie of the Eighties and one of the best movies of all time. I watch it at least three times a year.

Back to the Future Part II 5/5: A truly superb sequel. The third act is perhaps the most entertaining part of the whole trilogy. I absolutely love the idea of there being two Marty McFlys running around in the same place. The alternate 1985 stuff is also brilliant.

Back to the Future Part III 2/5: Felt a bit like a hangover after the zany fun of the second movie. It just never really seems to really grab my attention until the last twenty minutes or so.

5Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 6th July 2019, 2:50 pm

REDACTED

Biff Tannen wrote:
Group Marshal Mercury wrote:After the SW prequels that is. Wink

That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.

Screen door on a submarine you dork!

6Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 10th September 2019, 4:57 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

As crap as the Star Wars prequels are, they look like the fucking Godfather compared to The Last Jedi (which will probably be surpassed by Episode IX in terms of sheer shiteness).

Anyway, as for Back to the Future itself, my sentiments are equal to Maxil’s. The first two are genuine favourites of mine (even if the second one’s internal logic doesn’t always work, it’s entertaining as all hell), though the third one always came across as something of a disappointment. I’m not really sure why, and I ought to probably watch it again, but it always came across as quite staid to me.

7Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 10th September 2019, 10:08 pm

iank

iank

The problem with III is the Doc/Clara romance. It's dull, it disrupts the Doc/Marty interplay and it slows down the rest of the film. Take that out, and the rest is still a lot of fun.
The original is a classic, but II has always been my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 25th March 2020, 1:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I absolutely adore the soundtrack for the first movie. I actually like this particularly track a bit better than the Huey Lewis songs:

9Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 25th March 2020, 2:16 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/v2/back-to-the-future-writer-says-there-will-never-be-a-reboot/

Thankfully, it looks like Back to the Future is safe from being hijacked by SJWs.

10Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 25th March 2020, 2:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I wish they'd leave this obsession with rebooting classic stuff in the 10s. After this year I don''t want to see any unnecessary sequels to 80s or 90s franchises  either. Sometimes they're good (Last Blood, Blade Runner 2049) but sooner or late you're going to end up doing exactly what the idiots did to Star Wars and piss all over its legacy.

11Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 25th March 2020, 8:55 pm

iank

iank

Bingo. I think it just demonstrates the utter dearth of imagination of modern Hollyweird.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

12Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 26th March 2020, 1:56 pm

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I absolutely adore the soundtrack for the first movie. I actually like this particularly track a bit better than the Huey Lewis songs:

Nice taste. This always was more my jam.

13Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 26th March 2020, 2:02 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:I absolutely adore the soundtrack for the first movie. I actually like this particularly track a bit better than the Huey Lewis songs:

Nice taste.

Thanks. That's probably the first time another member has ever said that  LOL

Indrid Mercury wrote:
This always was more my jam.

Great stuff. I really wish they had used the song more in the film. It would have worked well during a montage of Marty skateboarding through the empty streets on his way to meet Doc at Twin Pine Mall.

I'm a big fan of Lindsey's solo work:

14Back To The Future Thread Empty Re: Back To The Future Thread 11th May 2020, 1:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I realize he's parodying people like. I should probably stop making top 5 lists before I really make a fool of myself LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum