DogStar2000
Pepsi Maxil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paul Darrow has died Empty Paul Darrow has died 3rd June 2019, 8:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm a massive Blake's 7 fan so I'm absolutely gutted. Will always be remembered as a legend of the series.

2Paul Darrow has died Empty Re: Paul Darrow has died 3rd June 2019, 10:04 pm

DogStar2000

In late 2014, he suffered an aortic aneurysm. Due to complications, surgeons had to amputate both of his legs; one above the knee and the other below it.

This is the first I have heard about this...

Every 21st December on the anniversary of B7 ending I always watch the last episode.

RIP Paul Darrow

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

3Paul Darrow has died Empty Re: Paul Darrow has died 3rd June 2019, 10:16 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Dammit. Darrow was the man. TV sci-fi is desperately in need of more sneery anti-heroes.

4Paul Darrow has died Empty Re: Paul Darrow has died 3rd June 2019, 10:35 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Gutted to read this. Paul Darrow as Avon was one of the greatest tv characters of all time. The original anti hero and a magnificent bastard all around. I never met him sadly, but by all accounts he was a nice, generous man who always had time for his fans.

So sad but at least 78 is a good innings. Sad

5Paul Darrow has died Empty Re: Paul Darrow has died 3rd June 2019, 10:36 pm

iank

iank

More bad news. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6Paul Darrow has died Empty Re: Paul Darrow has died 4th June 2019, 10:06 am

stengos

stengos

I always hoped we would see more of him on tv with guest roles in things like Lewis, Inspector Lynley, Silent Witness, Midsomer Murders etc.., . I certainly expected him to turn up in New Who at some point but alas no.

Most of all though i wish he had got his planned B7 revival off the ground. That he did not was a big disappointment.

I came across a Youtube video last year which was of him addressing a conference audience somewhere. It was very entertaining - he was a very funny guy.

7Paul Darrow has died Empty Re: Paul Darrow has died 4th June 2019, 10:45 pm

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

I’m absolutely saddened to hear of the death of one of my heroes. Paul Darrow made Blake’s 7 magic. He stole the show on Timelash from Colin Baker when he appeared on Dr Who in 1985. He also appeared on The Silurians in 1970. RIP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum