You are not connected. Please login or register

Warriors of the Deep (splintered thread)

+6
burrunjor
Rob Filth
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
stengos
Pepsi Maxil
Bladeswitch
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

You don't have to be passive to be a pacifist.

It fact it take a great deal of diplomatic assertion and cold clinical fact stating and also most importantly listening to contra-arguments and disputes to be pacifist.

I fucking hate the notion that pacifism consists of a "roll over and die" apathetic notion - it's utter fucking bullshit and makes me want to punch the fucking faces of those who stupidly claim as such.

I'd like to dress them up as Greenham Common women and transport them back to the 80's to have the fucking shit kicked out of them by squaddie bastards.

But hey, I guess when you have such retarded attitudes being spewed out by the warmongering arms trading Murdoch tabloids year in and year out you have to cut people some slack for adopting these spastic notions.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Rob Filth wrote:I fucking hate the notion that pacifism consists of a "roll over and die" apathetic notion - it's utter fucking bullshit and makes me want to punch the fucking faces of those who stupidly claim as such.

I'd like to dress them up as Greenham Common women and transport them back to the 80's to have the fucking shit kicked out of them by squaddie bastards.

So in other words being a pacifist means being an angry, bitter, vindictive sadist who relishes watching other aggressors do your dirty work for you when you hear opinions you don't like?

Well I guess I would agree that Warriors proves that pacifism doesn't mean a willingness to roll over and die..... infact it really means a willingness to make sure braver men end up taking a bullet for your idiocy instead.

Last edited by Tanmann on 25th May 2019, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

burrunjor

burrunjor

All I can say is that its sad when looking at the comments of the Myrka vid Rob posted to see people say that this is the lowest point in DW's history. Whilst this is of course true of the Classic era, go to any Missy video and you'll see morons saying "BEST MASTER EVER".

I won't take fandom seriously until Missy is rightfully held in as much contempt as Batman and Robin (she's actually worse.)

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I would put that down to the way Moffat really cultivated a very hysterical cult of personality among fandom, and a willingness for fans to go wild with praise over every big revelation, and what if, and all Moffat's other headless chicken excesses. And it's still going strong, which means Missy is still going to have her fans who loved every wicky-wacky random thing she did.

Nonetheless I think in a way the Myrka clip makes a conveniently effective avatar microcosm for how much the show in this era seemed just determined to fail stupidly and brainlessly doing something as laughably irrational as... well Ingrid's suicidal karate kick.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Tanmann wrote:So in other words being a pacifist means being an angry, bitter, vindictive sadist who relishes watching other aggressors do your dirty work for you when you hear opinions you don't like?
So you now equate pacifism as being some sort of masochism I suppose?

I expect you think those Greenham women psychologically and physically tortured year in and year out for daring to protest a foreign power imposing it's doomsday weapons here were fucking asking for it?

Seriously, fuck you.

Tanmann wrote:Well I guess I would agree that Warriors proves that pacifism doesn't mean a willingness to roll over and die..... infact it really means a willingness to make sure braver men end up taking a bullet for your idiocy instead.

So now you equate pacifism with cowardice?

You really are a downright nasty piece of work, those Greenham women were worth of million of you, you fawning militaristic lackey.

I have no respect for ANY power let alone a foreign one which holds my life in the balance with weapons of utter extinction.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

"you fawning militaristic lackey"

LOL

And I'm sure those Greenham women really wanted moronic shite like Warriors of the Deep on TV.

REDACTED

Nice to see this debate still rages on 10 years later.

33Warriors of the Deep (splintered thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warriors of the Deep (splintered thread) 12th September 2019, 3:12 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

34Warriors of the Deep (splintered thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warriors of the Deep (splintered thread) 12th September 2019, 3:19 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Tara Ward comes across as really sweet, and with a lot of respect for the fans.

She really was too good for that story....

35Warriors of the Deep (splintered thread) - Page 2 Empty Re: Warriors of the Deep (splintered thread) 22nd January 2020, 10:27 pm

Tanlee

Banned

Post removed. Permission to post review not granted by author.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum