Who do you prefer?

Hurndall vs. Bradley I_vote_lcap92%Hurndall vs. Bradley I_vote_rcap 92% [ 11 ]
Hurndall vs. Bradley I_vote_lcap8%Hurndall vs. Bradley I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Hurndall vs. Bradley 30th April 2019, 3:03 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Setting aside Moffat's atrocious writing and focusing solely on performance, who was the best Hartnell stand-in?

Hurndall vs. Bradley Hundbr10

2Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 30th April 2019, 3:10 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Bradley. He really made An Adventure in Space & Time something special.

I don't think Hurndall was bad in The Five Doctors, but I just think Bradley captured the spirit of Hartnell far more.

3Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 30th April 2019, 4:02 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Tanmann wrote:Bradley. He really made An Adventure in Space & Time something special.

I don't think Hurndall was bad in The Five Doctors, but I just think Bradley captured the spirit of Hartnell far more.

Hmmm. I haven't seen 'Twice Upon A Time' (reading about it was more than enough!) but I seem to recall that in 'An Adventure In Space & Time', Bradley did a fine job as Hartnell the man but seemed completely at sea when trying to capture his performance as the Doctor.

4Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 30th April 2019, 5:27 pm

stengos

stengos

Difficult. I voted Hurndall but Bradley was okay - especially in that docudrama thing by Gatis.

The programme was in a happier place then - i enjoyed it so much more then than i do now. So that may be influencing my vote as much as the individual performance.

5Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 30th April 2019, 6:53 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Hurdnall.

Not that he's much like Hartnell, but his performance is an authentic artistic interpretation of the role, as opposed to an impression of Hartnell. I think that gives Hurdnall more presence, and the flexibility to put his own mark on the character.

For many of us, he was our first First Doctor.

6Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 30th April 2019, 10:27 pm

iank

iank

I totally agree with Boofer on this. Hurndall plays the First Doctor. Bradley's doing a Hartnell impression playing the First Doctor (and not a very good impression, and - while not his fault - a pretty shittily written caricature to boot). I always thought Hurndall made a damn believable Doctor in his own right, which is pretty impressive under the circumstances.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 2nd May 2019, 10:14 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Hurndall for me too, at the time it was probably JNT's canniest piece of casting, he really reminds me a lot of the First Doctor in the Blakes 7 episode he was in too.

Bradleys okay, but like others observe, he's pretty much playing a caricature of Hartnell playing the First Doctor with too many "Ummmm?"'s and "Aaaah"'s and pauses halfway through dialogue delivery as if struggling to remember his lines.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

8Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 2nd May 2019, 10:44 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Hurndall. Bradley nicked my shower gel once so he can do one.

9Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 19th May 2019, 10:13 pm

Doctor7

Physically David Bradley resembles hartnell more but I think Richard hurndall captured the spirit better and had much better writing.

10Hurndall vs. Bradley Empty Re: Hurndall vs. Bradley 21st May 2019, 4:50 pm

Doctor7

I just did a impression of the first doctor i will share it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum