You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Hive Closing

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Old Hive Closing on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Mike has posted a message on the other Hive and apparently it'll be dead by monday. The url will stay active for a while with a link to this place to give members more chance to find us.


_________________
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

2 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:40 am

@Adam Ant Driver wrote:Mike has posted a message on the other Hive and apparently it'll be dead by monday. The url will stay active for a while with a link to this place to give members more chance to find us.

There are some members I hope don't find us Wink

View user profile

3 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:37 pm

@Adam Ant Driver wrote:Mike has posted a message on the other Hive and apparently it'll be dead by monday. The url will stay active for a while with a link to this place to give members more chance to find us.

Don't worry, the people who count are members of the secret Hive facebook group. Wink

View user profile

4 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:07 pm

@Cunt wrote:
@Adam Ant Driver wrote:Mike has posted a message on the other Hive and apparently it'll be dead by monday. The url will stay active for a while with a link to this place to give members more chance to find us.

Don't worry, the people who count are members of the secret Hive facebook group. Wink

Not much of a secret if you tell people about it Wink

View user profile

5 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Fuck Facefuck. Wink

View user profile

6 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 pm

TBH I vastly prefer this hive to the old one. The old one was good because it had some great people on there like Iank, Mott, Rawkuss, Zarius, Lacrobat, and it allowed you a proper freedom to post whatever you wanted.

However I disliked the way there was a little clique on the other Hive. Cliques are never not obnoxious and all the people in it. I won't name names, but they would post the most insulting things to people and then complain about how the Hive was no longer what it once was, it had become a den of stupidity, it was ruined, because basically people disagreed with their opinions on things. Added to if you disagreed with one you'd often have to end up fighting like 4.

Here its more laid back IMO. No cliques, no general consensus on this or that, and pretty much most of the people I liked are here anyway (though I wish Lacrobat would join us)

View user profile

7 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:51 pm

I miss Lacrobat, too. And Tad Cooper and Watcher, but only because he was cheery which gave the place a nice tone. Rob Filth seemed OK. Toiletman I could never work out if he was joking but it would be nice to have him here. C'est La Vie. Mike seemed like a decent sort as well but jaded from the new series being so balls.

I sometimes wonder what happened to Commander Maxil. He seemed alright and then just vanished.

View user profile

8 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:09 am

@Rawkuss wrote:I miss Lacrobat, too. And Tad Cooper and Watcher, but only because he was cheery which gave the place a nice tone. Rob Filth seemed OK. Toiletman I could never work out if he was joking but it would be nice to have him here. C'est La Vie. Mike seemed like a decent sort as well but jaded from the new series being so balls.

I sometimes wonder what happened to Commander Maxil. He seemed alright and then just vanished.

Yeah I liked Commander Maxil too. If he reads this know you are welcome on the new and improved Hive any time.

Watcher was okay. Never had any problems with him whatsoever, but he could be a bit weird at times. Not in a bad way or anything, but I wonder why he hasn't joined up?

Toiletman always made me laugh I must admit. Even though I love Colin, it was good to have someone around to stop it from becoming a clique. Toiletman was a self confessed troll, but he did genuinely prefer New Who to old. He obviously just exaggerated it to annoy the regulars. I love the way though that even he couldn't keep up the trolling for Death in Heaven. He made one post where he said it was great, and then admitted "okay guys can't keep this up that was utter shit!"

I didn't speak much with Rob but we seemed to get on fine. I loved the cartoons he was in with Rani. They were a laugh.

View user profile

9 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:23 am

@burrunjor wrote:Watcher was okay. Never had any problems with him whatsoever, but he could be a bit weird at times. Not in a bad way or anything, but I wonder why he hasn't joined up?
Reading his posts it seemed he couldn't figure out how to register, or thought you could log in with your old Hive account. It was always hard to tell with him. I didn't know if he was playing a character, high all the time or just a bit odd but I always found his nonsense entertaining.

I did think about asking Mike for the email Watcher signed up with and creating the account for him, I might still do it but it's probably too late. Maybe we'll never find out who fingered the Ice Warriors.



Last edited by Adam Ant Driver on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

10 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 am

You should do it Smile More the merrier.

I think most of the time he was playing a character. I dunno, he just livened the place up. Had a positive tone and all.

View user profile

11 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:09 am

@Rawkuss wrote:Not much of a secret if you tell people about it Wink


Okay then, find it Wink LOL

View user profile

12 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:11 am

I think you guys should call yourselves something different.

Maybe Burrunjor's Kekistani Shitlord Forum

View user profile

13 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:13 am

Okay, I've got a confession to make.

I was The Watcher.

I made it up because I was bored.

View user profile

14 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:40 am

@Cunt wrote:Okay, I've got a confession to make.

I was The Watcher.

I made it up because I was bored.

I miss Seal, but you'll do.

View user profile

15 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:42 am

@Cunt wrote:I think you guys should call yourselves something different.

Maybe Burrunjor's Kekistani Shitlord Forum

I am sold.

View user profile

16 Re: Old Hive Closing on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:29 pm

@Rawkuss wrote:
@Cunt wrote:I think you guys should call yourselves something different.

Maybe Burrunjor's Kekistani Shitlord Forum

I am sold.

Nah people will think its about Dinosaurs.

The Burrunjor is a supposed living Tyrannosaurus Rex in Australia.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiBjdvRj-jSAhUIBcAKHerSBs8QFggoMAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwwwmidgetonfire.blogspot.com%2F2010%2F04%2Fburrunjour-living-neovenatorid.html&usg=AFQjCNF2UXLx0JMn4d7rGjfQb_XZRfI1XA&sig2=6pFu4FIgtfx1rsp3UHCcKg

View user profile

17 Re: Old Hive Closing on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:39 pm

@burrunjor wrote:
@Rawkuss wrote:
@Cunt wrote:I think you guys should call yourselves something different.

Maybe Burrunjor's Kekistani Shitlord Forum

I am sold.

Nah people will think its about Dinosaurs.
Why did that make me laugh so much? LOL LOL


_________________
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

18 Re: Old Hive Closing on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:30 am

@burrunjor wrote:TBH I vastly prefer this hive to the old one. The old one was good because it had some great people on there like Iank, Mott, Rawkuss, Zarius, Lacrobat, and it allowed you a proper freedom to post whatever you wanted.

However I disliked the way there was a little clique on the other Hive. Cliques are never not obnoxious and all the people in it. I won't name names, but they would post the most insulting things to people and then complain about how the Hive was no longer what it once was, it had become a den of stupidity, it was ruined, because basically people disagreed with their opinions on things. Added to if you disagreed with one you'd often have to end up fighting like 4.

Here its more laid back IMO. No cliques, no general consensus on this or that, and pretty much most of the people I liked are here anyway (though I wish Lacrobat would join us)  
That's not how cliques work, bumjaw.

Most of the originals had left by the time you showed up, and B had passed away, which kind of incited the disbanding.

The only people really left were myself and Seal. Mott1 had been there a while too. iank is of the Old Order but he and I came to blows a lot, even though I think he's a loveable fucker really. Most people either agreed with you, or were totally ambivalent.

I think you're wrong about pretty much everything (though not absolutely everything) and will call you a wank biscuit if I wish. You can do the same back. If it was a clique I'd have booted you. You were left to say what you want.

Hell, I didn't go on for weeks because yes, it got fucking boring. Same old essay-length shit over and fucking over.

At least I'm not paying for it anymore.

Very Happy

View user profile

19 Re: Old Hive Closing on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:59 am

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me. affraid Laughing

View user profile

20 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:57 am

Wotcha cunts.

View user profile

21 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:00 am

@burrunjor wrote: I won't name names, but they would post the most insulting things to people and then complain about how the Hive was no longer what it once was

I'll name Seal if you won't.

View user profile

22 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:56 am

Penny.... Penny... Penny.

tongue

View user profile

23 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:21 am

@Penny wrote:I'll name Seal if you won't.

Really?!?!? It's me he was talking about?!?!

Colour me shocked. LOL

If burrunjor really wanted to experience the 'most disgusting' phase of the Hive he'd have to travel back to the 'olden days' of about 10 years ago, where most posters would have have taken his itinerary of Youtube collected factoids and turned them into a pornographic collage featuring badly-veiled accusations of fascism and paedophillia.

When people believe they speak to truth, they are usually the first of the convinced.

View user profile

24 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:56 am

@Mike wrote:
@burrunjor wrote:TBH I vastly prefer this hive to the old one. The old one was good because it had some great people on there like Iank, Mott, Rawkuss, Zarius, Lacrobat, and it allowed you a proper freedom to post whatever you wanted.

However I disliked the way there was a little clique on the other Hive. Cliques are never not obnoxious and all the people in it. I won't name names, but they would post the most insulting things to people and then complain about how the Hive was no longer what it once was, it had become a den of stupidity, it was ruined, because basically people disagreed with their opinions on things. Added to if you disagreed with one you'd often have to end up fighting like 4.

Here its more laid back IMO. No cliques, no general consensus on this or that, and pretty much most of the people I liked are here anyway (though I wish Lacrobat would join us)  
That's not how cliques work, bumjaw.

Most of the originals had left by the time you showed up, and B had passed away, which kind of incited the disbanding.

The only people really left were myself and Seal. Mott1 had been there a while too. iank is of the Old Order but he and I came to blows a lot, even though I think he's a loveable fucker really. Most people either agreed with you, or were totally ambivalent.

I think you're wrong about pretty much everything (though not absolutely everything) and will call you a wank biscuit if I wish. You can do the same back. If it was a clique I'd have booted you. You were left to say what you want.

Hell, I didn't go on for weeks because yes, it got fucking boring. Same old essay-length shit over and fucking over.

At least I'm not paying for it anymore.

Very Happy

I never accused you of shutting down free speech. I praised you in fact remember on the last thread of the old hive for letting people talk about whatever they wished, saying it was practically the only DW website that let people do that.

I merely said that I felt that there was a bit of a clique there and got a little bit fed up with the "the Hive isn't what it used to be because the new users are so stupid". As even Cunt himself pointed out, it was hardly the worst period in the Hive's history.

Sorry about the loss of your friend.

View user profile

25 Re: Old Hive Closing on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:24 pm

The Hive certainly isn't what it used to be anymore Surprised

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum