You are not connected. Please login or register

It amazes me how many people think we're beyond pre-determined behavioural patterns

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

You think that, just because we're capable of linguistically-facilitated higher-order thought that it would define us?

We are subject to the same drives as any other animal, and those drives rule us.

I don't just mean itching for a shag now and again, I mean the basic purpose to all of our thoughts and actions revolve around the evolutionary necessities.

Everything beyond the obvious is just some abstraction of pre-sexual, sexual and post-sexual predetermined behaviour.

Pre-sexual: Learning and selection. We learn the remains of the relevant. Men prepare and compete (athletic, monetary and intellectual pursuit). Women integrate and attract, sometimes preparing for the post-sexual (monetary).

Sexual: The courtship itself and the act.

Post-Sexual: Family, provision, teaching.

We have boyos trying to solve 'great mysteries' in Mathematics, not realising that its purely some abstraction of them wanting a good lay.

It amazes me how many people think we're beyond pre-determined behavioural patterns JZgDhiP

We have people who believe in human moral 'progress'. They actually believe that humans are getting 'better' over time. Not realising that anything of substance in morality is a tightly controlled inheritance that exists to promote the species.

It amazes me how many people think we're beyond pre-determined behavioural patterns Giphy

There are people that enjoy visiting zoos and watching Attenborough documentaries, remarking at the strange but so predictable functions of these 'lesser' species. Not realising that we're the same.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum