You are not connected. Please login or register

Fanfiction/art

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Fanfiction/art on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
We've got a thread for fan edits, might as well have a thread for this. Does anyone else take part or look at it? What are your thoughts?

I don't read much fanfic because it tends to be slash fiction, crossovers or some other type of alternate reality, and most of it's horrible. That doesn't stop me from writing it, or at least starting before getting bored and forgetting about it.

I started the Bottom series 4, and I swear I will finish the script versions to post them one day. I ripped every episode to composite the frames of the comics to use as a guide but I suck dick with my tablet. My brother has one of those laptop/tablet hybrids with a touchscreen so I might see if I can borrow that for a while the next time he gets back from uni.

I also started a fan script for Always Sunny and have a few ideas for a Power Ranger series or two, one idea is for mythical creatures (white lycan ranger, blue/green sea monster ranger, yelow phoenix ranger etc) and one for Egyptian mythology where the helmets would be shaped after the different gods.

My main one though is my own Heroes expanded universe, a place where different members can share their own stories of different genres, time periods and topics and have them all take place in the same continuity so all stories relate to each other and can cross over. I first started it a few years ago after the show was cancelled where I started writing and releasing my own season 5 story, I did 5 chapters at about 135 A4 pages. Another user started writing season 6 at the same time where we had a bunch of plans to set things up and reference plot points. I deleted it all when it seemed the show was returning as an official season 5 comic which didn't happen. I restarted it at the start of the year but the other guy was too busy so I'm still the only member. I have a short story done but it's shit and I'm trying to rework it, I'm also writing a new version of my season 5 and a novella with a few other stories planned.

Here's some of the old promo images for Seasons 5 and 6:
Season 5

Season 6

And covers for the stories currently in the works.

2 Re: Fanfiction/art on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:34 pm

I tend to write my own stuff (when I can be bothered these days lol). My only real piece of fan-fic is a Little Vampire one, which I wrote a few years ago, which sees Rudiger and Anna come to visit Anton, who is now a thoroughly depressed middle aged man, after having not seen each other for decades (and they're still kids, of course). I rather like it, it's darkly amusing (and on fan-fiction.net somewhere, if anyone's bothered). Wink

View user profile

3 Re: Fanfiction/art on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:37 pm

I've written a substantial amount of fics, some novella length, some book length, though most of my recent ones have been fairly short (though people have noted how impressed they are regarding my keeping characters concise despite the short word count)

I recently got 30 favourites for a Sherlock fic I wrote after "Final Problem" aired. I did'nt think it was that particulary brilliant compared to another one I wrote hours later, but you can never tell what people are going to gravitate to.

Heroes fan eh? I gave up on that in the fourth season, haven't even seen any of the mini-series that was on recently. Are you ignoring that in your works?

View user profile

4 Re: Fanfiction/art on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
Here's the opening scene of my Always Sunny script.

Just click the white words above to see it in screenplay format.

5 Re: Fanfiction/art on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:51 pm

My alternative take on the opening of Hell Bent

https://zaredit.wordpress.com/2017/02/24/doctor-who-leave-the-dead-to-dust-a-short-screenplay/

Bob's Burgers-The End Is The Begining

https://zaredit.wordpress.com/2017/02/16/bobs-burgers-the-end-is-the-beginging/

View user profile

6 Re: Fanfiction/art on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:57 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
@Zarius wrote:Heroes fan eh? I gave up on that in the fourth season, haven't even seen any of the mini-series that was on recently. Are you ignoring that in your works?
I thought the fourth season was a good improvement over the third, well the first half of it anyway, it wasn't perfect but I thought it was the closest the show had been to to the tone and style of season 1. I liked the new characters too, just a shame the pacing was off. We must have been over halfway through the season before we found out what any of the character motivations were.

As for the mini-series, I am in a way. It took me a while to decide to start my EU again because that was so bad it killed a lot of the good will even from me. I didn't even finish it. Earlier this year I got those Heroes cravings and saw that the mobile game they made for the reboot was free and downloaded it, before I knew it I'd bought the blu-ray and all 6 tie-in stories they made for it. I stopped myself before I splashed out on the PS4 game.

I started rewatching it and saw some things that had potential. There was no way I was going to continue from it so instead I'm going to do season 5 and have that be the last thing with the main characters of the original show and then do my own version of Heroes Reborn, trying to follow a similar story but removing the retarded stuff. I can't fidn the full clip, but this scene, for example could have been great and they ruined it by doing stupid shit like have a guy with super speed run around a small section of the room in circles rather than get out of there and survive.

I hope for the thing to eventually become multi-media, written stories, comics, audio stories and maybe even live action or animation.

7 Re: Fanfiction/art on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:43 am

@Adam Ant Driver wrote:
I thought the fourth season was a good improvement over the third, well the first half of it anyway, it wasn't perfect but I thought it was the closest the show had been to to the tone and style of season 1.

That's pretty much my take on it, too. Heroes reborn or whatever I gave up on half way through the first season

View user profile

8 Re: Fanfiction/art on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:31 am

I liked the pacing of the "Always Sunny" script. I'm not too familiar with the show though.

You have a strong grasp of script structure. Do you usually download scripts and study off of that, or is this something you learned on a course?

View user profile

9 Re: Fanfiction/art on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:50 am

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
Mostly just lots of practice and research, I wrote my first script when I was 9 and submitted a script to the BBC when I was 16. Nothing came of it but it was good enough for them to send it back with some feedback and a BBC editor sent me her contact information a few years ago. Ive probably left it too long to send anything to her now, but if the right idea isn't there what can you do?

I've downloaded a few scripts over the years to see how the pros do it and look at the difference between spec scripts and the final shooting drafts. I did film studies back in college but the brief look at screenplays didn't give me anything I didn't already know, got good marks when we had to write short films or scenes from a feature film though. Smile

10 Re: Fanfiction/art on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:29 am

That's great that you had enough confidence to send a script the BBC's way. What was it for?

I'm sure you can give it another go sometime once you carve out a niche for yourself in the independent scene...which stuff like this is always a good warm-up for.

I remember writing my first script when I was around ten or so (actually, I'm not ..and, eerily enough, it was for Bottom also!

View user profile

11 Re: Fanfiction/art on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 am

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
It was an awful, awful sitcom about a few 16 year olds starting college. I don't have the script anymore but it was bad. I have a bunch of unfinished scripts including a comedy series that I still like the idea of, it just need refining, and a completed draft of a feature length time travel comedy movie. I think when I have the right project I'll try contacting agents rather than use the BBCs open submission system again.

Failing that, I could try and save up to make a cheap indie film or short and submit it to a film festival or something.

12 Re: Fanfiction/art on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:05 pm

https://zaredit.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/sherlock-the-three-words-pdf/

This is a short 41-page novella based on the Conan Doyle short story “The Adventure of the Three Garidebbs” using the arc structure of series four. It serves as an alternative follow-up to “The Lying Detective”. While the novella does end on a cliffhanger, I intend to follow it up with another novella which I hope to release sometime soon.

View user profile

13 Re: Fanfiction/art on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
This is the first short story I did for my Heroes universe a few years ago and it's a pile of shit. I'm still trying to get some content out there (I haven't published anything still) and since this draft is already complete I thought it would be faster to rework it than try to start something completely new to put out.

It's 21 pages not including cover and title pages and if anyone is willing to read it and give me feedback I'd appreciate it. Zarius already gave me a few helpful notes in PM a while back but I'm still stuck on the story.

For context, in season 1 Nathan Petrelli was attacked when driving late at night and discovered he could fly. This story looks at that night from a different point of view as this character tries to make sense of what he saw and unravels a conspiracy about the Company, a group that keeps an eye on--and regularly abducts--people with powers.

I might make another post with an alternate beginning and a different way I could take the story. I'm also trying to do a Heroes season 5 novel which will be more politically driven than save the world scenarios, I wrote 15 pages of the first chapter but keep coming up with new ideas and can't settle on them... if anyone wants to shoot the shit and help develop a full story plan to stick to let me know.

Since this post is Heroes related, It's June 13th! affraid

14 Re: Fanfiction/art on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:17 pm

I recently recieved a PM on FF.net by a Youtuber called BigTAnderson who asked if I'd like my Doctor Who fanfic ''Leave the Dead to Dust'' read out on his channel. I said yes of course. Expect it sometime in July.

View user profile

15 Re: Fanfiction/art on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
Let us know when it's posted. Big Grin

16 Re: Fanfiction/art on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:27 pm

I seem to be in demand right now, I just got invited to write for a fan audio series, already came up with five ideas to pitch

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum