You are not connected. Please login or register

Most gruesome deaths in film and tv.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. Empty Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. 12th February 2019, 7:52 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

For fun list the most horrible deaths you can think of.

For me it goes, this bit in 28 weeks later. Never fuck with Robert Carlyle (unless you're Rebecca Mader of course.)

This bit from Day of the Dead (my favourite Zombie movie.)

The Gnarl Demon from Buffy's first victim is also a seriously horrific way to die.

The Gnarl is a Demon that kills its victims by paralysing them with its claws, and then peels their skin off slowly, whilst they can't even scream. It tries to do it this to Willow, but Buffy manages to kill it.

A teenage boy at the start however is not so lucky and it flays him alive. Here is the bit where it starts flaying Willow. Quite possibly the most nightmare inducing sequence in all of Buffy or Angel!

Jason Issacs from Event Horizon is also memorably gruesome. Sam Neil gives him the beating of a lifetime, then dissects him when he is alive, and strings him up, leaving his guts all over the place.

I think the most horrifying death might be Zoe from Ash vs Evil Dead however.

The character of Zoe is a lovable, cute, bubbly, warrior and fan girl of Ash. It seemed like they were going to make her a main character at first.

This is brilliantly subverted when Kaya (Dana Delorenzo) and Ruby (Lucy Lawless) abduct her, torture her for hours by slowly draining her blood, flay the skin off of her back, and then when she tries to flee and slips on her own blood dripping from her back, Kaya taunts her, and finally kills Zoe by pushing her thumbs through her eyes!

Here it is. Its only the eye gouging bit. Jump to 6:03 to see it.

Anyone the Deadites kill goes to hell forever, which means that after the flaying and eye gouging, Zoe's torture has only just begun!

Never fuck with Dana Delorenzo either.

2Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. Empty Re: Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. 12th February 2019, 9:20 pm

#BeKind

#BeKind

No trigger warning?????!

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

3Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. Empty Re: Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. 12th February 2019, 9:22 pm

Boofer

Boofer

4Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. Empty Re: Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. 12th February 2019, 9:22 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Proof you don't actually have to show that much.

5Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. Empty Re: Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. 13th February 2019, 12:56 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:

I remember this bit. Vikings is a great series. The violence in it is definitely more disturbing than something like Evil Dead as its more real, yet just as gory, and the fact that its people doing it as well is just all the more disturbing. The Vikings IMO get too good a press in the modern world LOL.

6Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. Empty Re: Most gruesome deaths in film and tv. 13th February 2019, 5:52 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Series 5 lacked the same dramatic depth as previous series. The Floki arc was too slow and kind of pointless (although the pay-off was good). There was too much of a fixation with action and it felt a little hollow at times.

Hirst managed to bring it all together for the last few episodes though. He's promised some serious charcter development for series 6, so I hope he's as good as his word.

And yes, Vikings does violence and gore with unrepentant realism. It's less fixated spectacle and carries more meaning. Although I must confess I do thoroughly enjoy gore flicks/shows, but from a more cartoonish perspective.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum