You are not connected. Please login or register

What is your favourite decade for movies?

+2
iank
Pepsi Maxil
6 posters

My favourite decade for movies?

What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_lcap10%What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_lcap10%What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_lcap0%What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_lcap0%What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_lcap20%What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_lcap50%What is your favourite decade for movies? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is your favourite decade for movies? Empty What is your favourite decade for movies? 6th January 2019, 9:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've chosen the 80s. John Hughes movies, RoboCop, Top Gun, Lost Boys, Back to the Future, Beverly Hills Cop, the Star Wars sequels, the Rambo trilogy, Terminator, Cobra, fantasy classics such as the Neverending Story and Labyrinth, and a whole lot of cool slashers. The 90s would be a close second.

iank

iank

The 80s for me too, no contest. Followed by the 90s and 70s. The 80s rocked for every genre - action, comedy, horror (when was the last time you saw a decent comedy these days?). The 90s are kind of odd, there is still some 80s in there, some 90s specific stuff, and some warning signs of the rubbish to come in the 2000s. The 70s I adore but am still exploring to be honest and have much left to watch and get (so many Blu rays, so little money...). I wouldn't mind exploring the 60s as I have seen a few that I liked lately (Mania, The Dirty Dozen) but again, it comes down to money I don't have.
Modern stuff... the 2010s have been slightly better than the 2000s for action and horror, but comedy still sucks ass, and it's all such a long way from "my" Golden Age now. I don't hold much hope for being any more interested in the 2020s.

So... after that ramble... the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3What is your favourite decade for movies? Empty Re: What is your favourite decade for movies? 19th January 2019, 10:42 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

The mirror glides on the angled, special attractions.

Associations sway: I am.

Glowing bright cinders, about a skirt of bright gold.

Tender colours: love and dismay.

Do you read m

e.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I like the 1990s for its mid to low budget action and science fiction movies. I mean, nothing beats PM Entertainment for me. It was also the golden age in terms of Jim Carrey and Van Damme, two of my favourite actors. You've also got some of the absolute best Christmas movies like Home Alone and Tim Allen's The Santa Clause. I just find the 1980s to be more consistent.

The 10s (or whatever this decade is called now) is not a decade I'm going to look back upon with any kind of fondness. I've been to the cinema many times and I've never come back truly satisfied that I had seen a great, worthwhile movie. The last time was probably one of the later Harry Potter movies. I've skipped going to the cinema altogether in the last few years, opting just to wait until it becomes available to rent.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Commander Maxil wrote:The 10s (or whatever this decade is called now) is not a decade I'm going to look back upon with any kind of fondness. I've been to the cinema many times and I've never come back truly satisfied that I had seen a great, worthwhile movie. The last time was probably one of the later Harry Potter movies. I've skipped going to the cinema altogether in the last few years, opting just to wait until it becomes available to rent.

I've seen some pretty impressive movies at the cinema in the 2010s and come away exhilarated and blown away.

Argo, Chronicle, Inception, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The Dark Knight Rises, Dredd, The Raid, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Star Wars: Rogue One, Silence, Wonder Woman, Passengers, Hunger Games 1 & 2, Revenge, Blade Runner 2049, Girl on the Train, Gone Girl, Entebbe.

But....

There's no denying it. Star Wars: The Last Jedi was such a horribly unpleasant cinema experience that it has left me pretty disillusioned at the whole experience. I have not gone the cinema much since then because I dread having another awful experience like it. And I sense cinema's changed for the worse, and is no longer about the fun or the art or soul anymore. Infact I'd say the souring feminist/SJW infection and ruination of cinema franchises *really* began with Mad Max: Fury Road.

Which is a shame because I'd come to love the cinema experience up till then.

Mott1

Mott1

The 1970s gets my vote. Films like Network, Apocalypse Now and Dirty Harry: definitely the edgiest decade.

I do like the comedies of the 1980s tho - knocks the spots off the witless, crude crap that's popular at the moment. But the 1940s and 1950s b&w classics also can't be beat: Citizen Kane, The Third Man, Hitchcock etc.

REDACTED

The 1970's and 1980's

Star Wars Trilogy
Back To The Future Trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy
The Terminator
The Godfather I and II
Close Encounters
Superman I and II
Jaws
Halloween
Texas Chainsaw Massacre