+6
Bill
DogStar2000
iank
Boofer
Zarius
Pepsi Maxil
10 posters

Was Series 11 better,worse or the same as you originally expected?

Series 11 expectations  I_vote_lcap57%Series 11 expectations  I_vote_rcap 57% [ 8 ]
Series 11 expectations  I_vote_lcap36%Series 11 expectations  I_vote_rcap 36% [ 5 ]
Series 11 expectations  I_vote_lcap7%Series 11 expectations  I_vote_rcap 7% [ 1 ]
Series 11 expectations  I_vote_lcap0%Series 11 expectations  I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Series 11 expectations  Empty Series 11 expectations 22nd December 2018, 5:18 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It was far worse than I imagined. I wasn't expecting it to be as hateful as it ended up being. Bad scripts aside, the whole thing just felt so bitter and nasty.

2Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 22nd December 2018, 6:38 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Not that bad, but very unremarkable, played it too safe, and will be remembered for all the wrong reasons.

3Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 22nd December 2018, 7:01 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Much worse. I haven't seen much, mind, but what I've seen has been total trash.

4Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 22nd December 2018, 8:44 pm

iank

iank

I could say the same for Pisstaker. A truly dreadful, cringe-inducing performance from what I saw, and a nasty entitled piece of work offscreen to boot.
Great showing BBC...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 22nd December 2018, 10:48 pm

DogStar2000

It was as bad as I thought it would be, or at least the first two episodes were. I never watched the rest but I'm sure they were just as bad.

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

6Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 22nd December 2018, 11:50 pm

Bill

I was right about the scripts and The Doctor being weak, but I underestimated the nastiness behind the entire series - attacking / dismissing long term fans, pushing agendas, telling you what to think, making you feel guilty for just being born a white male and lacking all decency whilst simultaneously pretending it was decent. And I never realised every single episode would be boring either. Finally I thought the "climax" would be actually more dramatic, but it simply wasn't. The gender of The Doctor was the cause of debate before the series started, now it's been swamped by all these other issues. The actual character of The Doctor has died.

7Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 28th December 2018, 8:51 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Can't really say because I never watched any of the dogshit - but the clips I saw were enough to convince me not to waste my life on this utter excrement.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

8Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 28th December 2018, 9:52 am

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

The only good thing about season 11 was Segun Akinola’s music which was far better than Murray Gold’s awful brass band crap. Akinola’s version of the theme tune was also good.

As for the new Doctor being a woman I have no problems with that. What problem I have is the choice of actress they used. Jodie Whittaker just doesn’t have what it takes to be The Doctor and I feel I am watching some woman who has been beamed out of time from a soap opera and beamed into the tardis to replace The Doctor while he goes for a long break. Jodie Whittaker just doesn’t feel like The Doctor.

If they are going to cast another woman (that’s if the shows lasts) then get someone who is eccentric and Doctorish.

On a whole Season 11 was just an abomination. However, the show has been an abomination since it came back in 2005 with only some good episodes.

9Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 30th December 2018, 8:06 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

It was a whole lot worse than I thought it would be. It should go without saying that I've never thought much of Chibnall as a sci-fi conceptualist, but his (clearly undeserved) reputation as a character writer led me to believe that we'd basically be getting a less campy return to the soap opera tendencies of the RTD era, with the sci-fi elements taking a back seat to what I assumed would at least be competently written character drama.

What took me by surprise was how shockingly inept the guy is on all fronts. I predicted that his scripts would be bland, formulaic and unimaginative, but I didn’t imagine that he wouldn't be even able to structure and pace them with the basic competence I'd expect of a primary school kid. I predicted that the sci-fi and horror elements would take a back seat to character drama, but certainly not how shallow, one-dimensional and ill-defined his characters would be. I knew that there would be some amount of identity politics virtue signalling, but I underestimated just how nasty and explicit the anti-male subtext would be. I expected it to be somewhat dumbed down in an attempt to recapture the mainstream audience, but still found myself in disbelief at the witless, over-expository dialogue, action-stopping Wikipedia recitations and trashy millennial pop music. I was worried about the motivation behind The Doctor’s gender swap, but the utter bastardisation of a character I’ve been fascinated by for as long as I can remember was worse than anything I could possibly have imagined, due equally to Whittaker’s utterly cringeworthy performance and Chibnall’s piss-poor understanding of the character.

I can confidently say I’ve never taken such an intense, visceral dislike to any fiction writer. His work is pure, unadulterated cancer and I fucking despise the BBC for what they’ve done to this once-beloved British institution.

10Series 11 expectations  Empty Re: Series 11 expectations 31st December 2018, 4:29 am

Lacrobat

I clung to the belief that it couldn't be worse than the last few years of Mufftwat but Chinballs delivered perhaps the most beige series of Doctor Who I've ever sat through. When a talking frog is the most memorable thing about a season of Doctor Who, you know you've hit rock bottom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum