You are not connected. Please login or register

What are your opinions on Doctor Who being political?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

So many SJWs like Richard H Cooper and Mr ReTardis go on about how Doctor Who has always been political so its perfectly okay for Jodie's series to be.

They have a tiny bit of a point that there have been political aspects to Doctor Who before but once again this is an example of their simplistic one size fits all way of thinking.

Last edited by burrunjor on Sat May 25, 2019 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
It's a strawman. There's a world of difference between telling a separate story that may have a metaphor to the world that many viewers may not even get - and bashing them over the head with modern day fascist identity politics horseshit.
But I suspect these people are well aware of that, and are just being disengenous cunts, like most supporters of this embarrassment.

View user profile
@iank wrote:It's a strawman. There's a world of difference between telling a separate story that may have a metaphor to the world that many viewers may not even get - and bashing them over the head with modern day fascist identity politics horseshit.

Exactly this.

@iank wrote:But I suspect these people are well aware of that, and are just being disengenous cunts, like most supporters of this embarrassment.

Exactly this.

Barry Letts and Terrance Dicks got it down to a fine art due to being professionals. One can only conclude the dismal failings of the female spinoff (and the final cancerous Moffatized Who) are due to a dropping of the standards in their "craft" and the general malaise of television.

Dicks: "don't sell your audience out for a pot of message."

God bless him he was really on to something.

View user profile
It's the lack of subtlty that really gets to me. Maybe if it preached political values that I hold, such as the evils of Americanisation and American culture,, I'd care less.

View user profile
One central thing that is entirely missing is the insouciant somewhat eccentric Britain-first lib dem craziness that ran through the show from 1968 to 2009. A world where Britain was a first world power with a space programme, but was also a lib dem ruled neutral country that hosted endless peace conferences. Smile

View user profile
@Genkimonk wrote:It's the lack of subtlty that really gets to me. Maybe if it preached political values that I hold, such as the evils of Americanisation and American culture,, I'd care less.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum