You are not connected. Please login or register

The Flash

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Flash Empty The Flash 22nd February 2017, 2:17 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

The latest episode was another Grodd episode and had hundreds of giant gorillas as well as CGI landscapes. How do they manage to do it on such a small budget? The whit gorilla looked a but shitty, especially during his fight with the Flash. But they also delivered shots that looked like this:
The Flash FLyFZLaP

I fully expect a bunch of episodes that are light on effects to make up for it, but still, not bad for a show that pumps out at least 22 episodes a season. It puts NuWho to shame, haven't they gone from 14 episodes a year to 13?

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

2The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 30th September 2017, 1:59 am

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Why season 3 sucked.

3The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 12th November 2017, 7:51 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Andrew Kreisberg, producer of all the CW Arrowverse shows has been suspended after a string of sexual harassment.
https://screenrant.com/andrew-kreisberg-sexual-harrasment-investigation-arrow-flash-supergirl/

4The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 12th November 2017, 11:39 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Adam Ant Driver wrote:Andrew Kreisberg, producer of all the CW Arrowverse shows has been suspended after a string of sexual harassment.
https://screenrant.com/andrew-kreisberg-sexual-harrasment-investigation-arrow-flash-supergirl/

Unbelievable. Did you see the story about Allison Mack? 2017 is honestly unreal.

5The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 12:59 am

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

I didn't, but after everything that's gone on recently I'm starting to wonder if the story that came out a few months ago about Joss Whedon having sex with dozens of his staff would have had a much stronger reaction now than it did. Louis CK admitted that the accusations against him were true but he always got their consent first and he still got dropped by every company he was working with. Joss also abused his power even if the acts were consensual and nothing happened but a fan site decided to shut down.

This isn't just me hating on Joss either. Justice League is a high profile big budget movie that he took over and it comes out in a week or so, I'm genuinely surprised nobody is talking about him with all of the accusations and investigations going on right now. Is this turning into a witch hunt where people will bring up anything, regardless of how minor to try and connect to current events or are people just cracking down in a post-weinstein hollywood and Joss got lucky with the timing of his controversy?

6The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 1:15 am

Boofer

Boofer

7The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 1:25 am

iank

iank

Adam Ant Driver wrote: Is this turning into a witch hunt

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 9:23 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

TBH, honest the Louie CK one seemed blown out of all proportion as he did some weird stuff but it was consensual and he apologised privately to at least one of the women in 2009. He also said that because people looked up to him that he had a power that he didn't realise and so on, but I can't help feeling that if somebody consents then they take responsibility and if that is no longer enough then it's a dangerous precedent.

I try not to read the papers much, but I don't think it got much focus as it's kind of boring for a sex scandal. All he did was have a wank. But now he has been sacked from a show that has been off the air for 3 years, plus some behind the scenes stuff in production.

9The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 12:28 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I completely agree with Ian, Seal, Adam and Mr Happy that this is a total witch hunt, an attempt to demonise white men, and resurrect the dying third wave feminist movement.

They are also undermining the true horror of rape by listing things like a guy making a sleazy remark to an actress as being the same as an actual rapist.

Added to that their guilty until proven innocent mentality is doing more harm than good for all involved.

Having said that though it is somewhat ironic that the producer of this cringey, SJW, pandering shit fest.

Is now being done for harassment.

Of course are his SJW stars and fans giving him the benefit of the doubt? After all its not like he has actually been found guilty yet. I'm not saying they should condemn his accusers. That's the point don't condemn either until you know for sure as you can't tell either way.

Nope. They have already hung the noose around his neck and are treating him like Jimmy Saville.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwix4sCVxLvXAhWELhoKHdX_D18Qu4gBCCsoBDAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Ftv%2F2017%2F11%2F12%2Fsupergirl-melissa-benoist-andrew-kreisberg-suspension%2F&usg=AOvVaw3_S4iM7FwwetjT1dS4Vrvx

Kind of reminds me of Joss, who was not only chased off of twitter by them, but also when his wife accused him of cheating shut down all of their fansites too him.

They always eat their own.

10The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 1:58 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Mr. Happy wrote:but I can't help feeling that if somebody consents then they take responsibility and if that is no longer enough then it's a dangerous

This is my problem with it too - we're currently in a phase where it's okay to infantilise the agency of people based on the vaguest of power relations, when these interactions are taking place between two (or more) adults.

It also gives those whose motives are more manipulative the ability to self-infantilise and claim their consent was predicated on fear of some kind of speculative, unknown consequence.

To me, fearing damage to your career or friendship isn't much of an excuse for abandoning principle.  Claiming victimhood when you've consented verbally or tacitly to uncomfortable situations in order to advantage yourself, instead of doing the right thing and saying no, walking away, etc, simply reinforces the inappropriate behavior that made you feel uncomfortable in the first place.

Part of this weird media climate is the conflation of the type of thing Louis CK did with the genuinely rapey actions of guys like Weiinstein and Spacey. When you look at the media, they're all presented together in a kind of 'rouges gallery', as if to imply some kind of equivalence.  Sexual interactions are complex and there are times where people's sexual expression is going to make you feel uncomfortable while not necessarily being an abuse of power-relations or a breach of the law. To equate this with actual rape and sexual assault is, at best, ignorant, and at worst indicative of an ideological agenda.

Maybe we need to educate people that if you give consent to something, then the thing you consent to is probably going to happen?

11The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 7:19 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

burrunjor wrote:I completely agree with Ian, Seal, Adam and Mr Happy that this is a total witch hunt, an attempt to demonise white men, and resurrect the dying third wave feminist movement.

I am not sure I am in complete agreement with you. It didn't start as a witch hunt. Weinstein was a reprehensible oscar fixing arse before this and Ratner is similar.

I don't entirely agree with Gal Gadot doing what she is doing because he hasn't been sentenced, although he most likely is as bad as they say. On the other hand, she is exercising a choice like buying ethically, c.f. fair trade. And if I don't agree with her quitting if Ratner isn't bought out then I can just boycott the sequel if she is in it.

Still, I always cynically doubt these public displays by celebrities. Their investment in their own image as a brand can't be ignored.

Boofer wrote:

Part of this weird media climate is the conflation of the type of thing Louis CK did with the genuinely rapey actions of guys like Weiinstein and Spacey. When you look at the media, they're all presented together in a kind of 'rouges gallery', as if to imply some kind of equivalence.  Sexual interactions are complex and there are times where people's sexual expression is going to make you feel uncomfortable while not necessarily being an abuse of power-relations or a breach of the law. To equate this with actual rape and sexual assault is, at best, ignorant, and at worst indicative of an ideological agenda.

These kind of conflations in the papers are nothing new. When they outlawed the death penalty the papers turned to sex crimes for headlines. Serial rapists are statistically rare and prison sentences for sex crimes are actually an effective at deterring repeat offenders. That's not to downplay the nature of these crimes, but, the papers often try to link rapes within a local area to suggest a serial rapist. Also, statistically, the number of rapes reported in newspapers tends to be disproportionate to the national crime statistics.

12The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 7:51 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Mr. Happy wrote:These kind of conflations in the papers are nothing new. When they outlawed the death penalty the papers turned to sex crimes for headlines. Serial rapists are statistically rare and prison sentences for sex crimes are actually an effective at deterring repeat offenders. That's not to downplay the nature of these crimes, but, the papers often try to link rapes within a local area to suggest a serial rapist. Also, statistically, the number of rapes reported in newspapers tends to be disproportionate to the national crime statistics.

True, the media has always attempted to create broad-stroke narratives and spurious connections between events in order to sell papers, but I can't help but think that there's a third-wave, postmodern element to the current media narrative about sexual assault, especially when you consider the pervasiveness of aggressive, 'progressive' tendencies by a whole generation exposed to ideas they and their Media Studies lecturers never truly understood the implications of.

13The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 9:06 pm

Boofer

Boofer

If you can put up with the relentless stream of 'okays', this pretty much makes the point I made earlier in the thread.

14The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 9:31 pm

iank

iank

It's just the cultural war on men stepping up several more notches... and people (including men) keep on falling for it, patting themselves on the back and thinking "I'm not one of THOSE men." Until you make a joke someone doesn't like, ask someone out who decides its "harassment", or just dare to exist in the general vicinity of a female who doesn't like the look of you - look at that guy in the UK who got hung up on a rape charge after... er... walking past a woman in a train station. The 'interaction' was even on video for all to see, and yet somehow it actually got to court before it was thrown out. How is that even possible?
I think we all know the answer...

Society has gone batshit insane.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

15The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 10:39 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Boofer wrote:
Mr. Happy wrote:These kind of conflations in the papers are nothing new. When they outlawed the death penalty the papers turned to sex crimes for headlines. Serial rapists are statistically rare and prison sentences for sex crimes are actually an effective at deterring repeat offenders. That's not to downplay the nature of these crimes, but, the papers often try to link rapes within a local area to suggest a serial rapist. Also, statistically, the number of rapes reported in newspapers tends to be disproportionate to the national crime statistics.

True, the media has always attempted to create broad-stroke narratives and spurious connections between events in order to sell papers, but I can't help but think that there's a third-wave, postmodern element to the current media narrative about sexual assault, especially when you consider the pervasiveness of aggressive, 'progressive' tendencies by a whole generation exposed to ideas they and their Media Studies lecturers never truly understood the implications of.

Yeah, there's Fem/PoMo pandering going on but only because that has momentum at the moment. It's just a new audience for the papers to practice their same old tricks on. They are pros at stoking moral panic.

People have always accepted information uncritically though, so even though it's new it feels so old.

16The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 13th November 2017, 10:43 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

iank wrote:It's just the cultural war on men stepping up several more notches... and people (including men) keep on falling for it, patting themselves on the back and thinking "I'm not one of THOSE men." Until you make a joke someone doesn't like, ask someone out who decides its "harassment", or just dare to exist in the general vicinity of a female who doesn't like the look of you - look at that guy in the UK who got hung up on a rape charge after... er... walking past a woman in a train station. The 'interaction' was even on video for all to see, and yet somehow it actually got to court before it was thrown out. How is that even possible?
I think we all know the answer...

Society has gone batshit insane.

This from 2009, a woman thought she could retroactively withdraw consent: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/5055909/Chef-accused-of-rape-of-drunken-lawyer-acquitted-in-45-minutes.html

I supposed it's arguable that he took advantage of a drunk woman, but consent is consent.

17The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 21st November 2017, 9:52 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Innocent until proven guilty, not anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2017/nov/20/lena-dunham-apologises-for-defending-girls-writer-accused-of-sexual-assault

TBH, I think Lena was naive for getting involved.

18The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 19th December 2017, 12:02 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Boofer wrote:Part of this weird media climate is the conflation of the type of thing Louis CK did with the genuinely rapey actions of guys like Weiinstein and Spacey. When you look at the media, they're all presented together in a kind of 'rouges gallery', as if to imply some kind of equivalence.  Sexual interactions are complex and there are times where people's sexual expression is going to make you feel uncomfortable while not necessarily being an abuse of power-relations or a breach of the law. To equate this with actual rape and sexual assault is, at best, ignorant, and at worst indicative of an ideological agenda.

Sad to see Minnie Driver's comments at the end of this article that are in complete opposition to what you said there.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/18/matt-damon-sexual-harassment-weinstein-response-minnie-driver?

19The Flash Empty Re: The Flash 19th December 2017, 12:09 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I would even go as far as to say that her argument is disrespectful to rape victims.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum