Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 42]

501Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 19th December 2018, 10:04 am

Zarius

Zarius

Chibnall confirmed a single Dalek will be in the special, an instagram video confirming this was up briefly, but has since been deleted.

So they're just ripping off Sherman.

502Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 19th December 2018, 10:48 am

Zarius

Zarius

503Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 19th December 2018, 3:41 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Look at this video made by the BBC. THIS sums up why most Classic era fans despise New Who. This is Twilight tier garbage. Also what a stupid name. The Woman Who Lived? What woman doesn't live! You might as well say the woman who was born. Drawings aren't bad, but they aren't really DW for the most part.

Also I'm not sure but I think that's Jodie Nosepicker narrating it?

504Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 19th December 2018, 5:46 pm

Zarius

Zarius

505Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 19th December 2018, 9:41 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Better than series 11? EASILY.

506Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 21st December 2018, 12:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

In October, she became the first woman Doctor in the 55-year history of the science-fiction franchise, and proved herself an extremely capable performer. And to the surprise of a relentless army of naysayers, the world didn't end. Whittaker’s casting was part of a more general upheaval in the show’s creative strategy that was hugely successful, for both ratings and critical acclaim. In a TV show as old as “Who,” mixing things up keeps things fresh."

lol!

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/12/20/2018-tv-review-doctor-who-and-great-female-protagonists/2276479002/

507Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 21st December 2018, 4:22 pm

DogStar2000

Commander Maxil wrote:In October, she became the first woman Doctor in the 55-year history of the science-fiction franchise, and proved herself an extremely capable performer. And to the surprise of a relentless army of naysayers, the world didn't end. Whittaker’s casting was part of a more general upheaval in the show’s creative strategy that was hugely successful, for both ratings and critical acclaim. In a TV show as old as “Who,” mixing things up keeps things fresh."

lol!

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/12/20/2018-tv-review-doctor-who-and-great-female-protagonists/2276479002/
The power of self delusion is strong with that one LOL

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

508Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 21st December 2018, 8:47 pm

iank

iank

lols The shamelessness of these cunts is just remarkable.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

509Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd December 2018, 1:58 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

She's such an egocentric bullshitter.

510Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd December 2018, 12:42 pm

Zarius

Zarius

511Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd December 2018, 1:01 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"As a girl you were lucky if you sat at the side and clapped"

Bullshit. Just admit you never owned a TV back then and stop discrediting the strong female women of the day. I mean she grew in the 80s and 90s, not the 40s! The fuck she banging on about?

512Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd December 2018, 2:16 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

In the comment section of Bowlestrek's latest video a commentator left this comment:

"it will be even more non-canon in the next season.
Jodie's Doctress already said she was a nun in a cloister in a previous regeneration, and Chibnall already said he wants to change more about the Doctor's past. Jodie is very enthousiastic about this idea; apparently nothing is fixed and the Doctor can be whatever you want him to be"

Is any of this been reported anywhere or is it just more youtube claptrap?

513Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd December 2018, 4:34 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Fruit-of-the-Looms? Wink

514Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd December 2018, 6:35 pm

Zarius

Zarius

DWTV episode ranking for the finale

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/your-verdict-on-the-battle-of-ranskoor-av-kolos-ux-oh-90112.htm

The poor performance of the finale pushed the series average back down to 6.70. If we don’t count the upcoming New Year special as part of the series, this result makes Series 11 the lowest rated series of the whole revival. The second lowest is Series 2 with an average score of 6.98 (13 episodes, not counting specials).

515Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd December 2018, 8:45 pm

iank

iank

Ha ha.

What a joke everyone associated with this embarrassing trainwreck really is.

516Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 23rd December 2018, 10:33 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

iank wrote:Ha ha.

What a joke everyone associated with this embarrassing trainwreck really is.

And thanks to that post on here I still hear all the lying cheerleading in the hissing gooey voice of Magnus Greel.

"The feminized Dohctor was a bwrilliant successssssss!"

517Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 24th December 2018, 5:22 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Series 11 - Page 21 923805995118854144

518Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 24th December 2018, 8:44 am

iank

iank

The perfect response. LOL

519Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 24th December 2018, 10:35 am

Zarius

Zarius

Rare audio of Chibnall talking about the infamous Open Air appearance

He admits that he doesn't go back and watch much of Classic Who, although his kids actually loved Trial of a Time Lord

http://strangersinspace.libsyn.com/an-easter-egg-for-christmas

520Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 24th December 2018, 11:53 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Even Moffat watched Classic Who in his spare time!

He sounds a bit boring. No real charisma or charm.

521Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 24th December 2018, 12:29 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:Even Moffat watched Classic Who in his spare time!

He sounds a bit boring. No real charisma or charm.

I very much doubt that Moffat watches Classic Who TBH. I think they all only watched the show when they were kids and never looked back. That explains so many discrepancies like "a man who never would". You'd expect someone who hasn't watched the show to think that the Doctor never uses guns or violence, as in popular culture the Doctor is a more cerebral hero, so naturally people would think he doesn't use guns or violence. Someone who IS a fan however knows that's bollocks.

Same applies to the Doctor Who is all about change crap. Again to someone who doesn't know the show, they could easily think "Well they are all different on the surface so they are all totally different people."

Again however someone who has actually watched the Classic era however knows that the character has a very strict template and that every actor stayed within that (including even Tom Baker when he was at his pushiest, most self indulgent, and dismissive of the writers.)

Of course a lot of it is just that they don't care and have an agenda to push, but still I think in some cases they do actually believe it and its just a lack of understanding of the show and character because the last time they saw any Classic Who was in 1975.

522Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 24th December 2018, 8:38 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

A lot of people still, foolishly, accept the lapdog media version of reality.
In this case this means accepting that the hacks who run Doctor Who are necessarily fans of the show, or ever were.
The current crop like Moff and Chib are part of the broader fan fiction / virgin books outfit, and there's scant evidence any of them were the sort of alt.obsessive.fan they pretend to be. Compare and contrast to Levine or Miles.

Even when they were churning out books or writing screeds about the show, they betrayed a superficiality and lack of real research very much like the contemporary Jonathan Blum, forever parroting "facts" and inside baseball snippets rather than looking at authorial intent and the throughlines of the whole show.

It's another case of people in charge having heard of the show rather than actually watching it and understanding it.

523Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 25th December 2018, 2:27 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Not watched a single episode since it came back. And I feel smarter for it.

524Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 26th December 2018, 7:00 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

The level of COPE for the female spinoff is hilarious. The articles have gone lower than the Soy Wars apologist propaganda, even as the Rotten Tomatoes score keeps edging down into the 20s.

For reference, Star Wars Holiday Special holds the score of 19. But there is no comparison. The holiday special was a quick cheap and cheerful cash-in at the height of Star Wars mania in the 70s, and it introduced in cartoon form Boba Fett.

The female spinoff is just another joyless shitpail of PC madness. It deserves a score of 3.

525Series 11 - Page 21 Empty Re: Series 11 26th December 2018, 7:18 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

I just had my first nuwho experience since thin ice, and It made me feel queasy.
Just heard the trailer for the new years day "special" on the radio and words fail me.

This show has become a joke.

Those of you who still watch Doctor Who regularly must have become used to the sheer awfulness of it and built up a tolerance, but for someone who managed to avoid contact with it and then suddenly become exposed to it the experience is shocking.

I don't want to hear anyone try to say that McCoy can't do anger or gravitas anymore, because compared to Whittaker trying to sound imposing and all powerful in her sue pollard accent McCoy was like Tom Baker at his best.

Chibnall's doctor who is like a cbbbc teen "drama" filled with stage school kids.
It makes the Sarah Jane adventures look like edge of darkness in comparison.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum