Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 42]

251Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 19th November 2018, 10:40 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Fiddled figures don't count.

Agreed, that could easily just be 2 million fanboys downloading it again.

Its viewers are in the 5 millions, which is pathetic for all that hype. It will soon be reaching Capaldi levels soon.

252Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 20th November 2018, 3:18 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Zarius wrote:Consolidated ratings for Demons of Punjab are 7.48 million

https://twitter.com/TomSpilsbury/status/1064526631459532801

"consolidated"

meanwhile back on planet earth Doctor Who has lost half its audience.

253Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 20th November 2018, 11:51 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Shittaker defends "topical" storylines: "What's the point of making a show if it doesn't reflect society today?"

www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a870990/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-defends-series-11-topical-storylines/

254Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 20th November 2018, 1:04 pm

Zarius

Zarius

(sigh)

The point of the show is not to sensationalise the state of society today Jodie, but to tell a rip-roaring yarn which only lightly touches on it or uses it to promote the fantasy above the reality.

255Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 20th November 2018, 1:54 pm

Boofer

Boofer

That's absolute proof that their agenda is to patronisingly preach to the Dominos-eating classes and not tell stories about uncanny and exciting situations which the viewers can immerse themselves in.

256Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 20th November 2018, 4:39 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

DOCTOR WHO

...gives a crap

I was cautiously optimistic at the start of the series and wanted to give them a few episodes to find their groove before I made my judgement about the show but it's been 7 episodes now and my pros and cons haven't really changed since episode 1. The new music and production values are good but the series isn't growing or going anywhere. Every episode has had the same major problem of tell don't show, and for all the talk about about creating all new monsters, every episode has ended with me asking why they bothered. They've lacked any kind of presence or threat.

I can't even get the satisfaction of hating it because none of the episodes have even stood out to me as bad enough to be worth the energy. By the very low standards of NuWho, series 11 has been so unnoteworthy and average it's sort of becomes its own class of pathetic. A show that, without the politics surrounding it, simply exists in a state of emotional purgatory with nothing to care about or discuss. In that Chibnall failed in his mission to turn the show into something people could rush to talk about by the watercooler the next day.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

257Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 20th November 2018, 8:46 pm

iank

iank

Get these hopeless pillocks away from this franchise. It's probably already too late, but Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

258Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 20th November 2018, 10:23 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

"4 people is a push for a skilled writer to give meaningful chunks of script to. For Chibnall it’s like watching a blind, one armed clown juggling with hand grenades."

-Duncan Rose

259Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st November 2018, 10:31 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil wrote:Shittaker defends "topical" storylines: "What's the point of making a show if it doesn't reflect society today?"

www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a870990/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-defends-series-11-topical-storylines/

She really is a moron. By her logic why ever produce a historical, or something set in the future?

This was just like when she said she only takes roles that allow her to challenge Brexit and sexism. The woman has more breasts than brain cells.

260Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st November 2018, 10:35 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Ah yes here it is. Shittaker really does need to think before she opens her mouth.

Series 11 - Page 11 5957786_13th_doctor_personal_politics_by_time_lord_rassilon-dbtsfka

261Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st November 2018, 6:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Party at my place the night she regenerates LOL

262Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st November 2018, 6:30 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Commander Maxil wrote:Party at my place the night she regenerates LOL

...into a jihadi with polydactyl who owns a sonic prayer mat.

263Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st November 2018, 8:40 pm

iank

iank

"It's my moral duty."

Big Grin

264Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st November 2018, 9:34 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:"It's my moral duty."

Big Grin

I know what an egotistical moron she is.

Also way to sink your career. Not many roles she can play if she can't air her politics.

How would she play a historical character? How would she play an iconic villain like Callisto, or Regina the Evil Queen, or Servalan, or Catwoman, or Glory?

How would she play a character from the future like Captain Janeway or Leela from Futurama?

What a fucking moron! She might as well have said "DON'T HIRE ME I CAN ONLY PLAY A WHINY THIRD WAVE FEMINIST!"

265Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 21st November 2018, 9:59 pm

iank

iank

I was referring to a Doctor Who villain who thought what he was doing was his "moral duty" - General Carrington from Ambassadors. Clearly Crazy Jodie's role model.

266Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 12:51 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

iank wrote:"It's my moral duty."

Big Grin

Ambassadors of Death?
oh the ironing.

267Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 1:00 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Stripped of all the obfuscatory persiflage:

Kerblam was watched by 4.04 mil. The first step of wangling increases that to 5.95.

Beyond that the "viewing figures" are just bullshit revolving around downloads and online screening and should be completely disregarded.

Another real world factor is DVD sales. Despite the uptick in downloading etc. DVD sales are still brisk for genuinely popular series. JB HiFi has Doctor Who on special permanently now, for all series and Doctors. They've Enterprised the franchise with first Capaldi and now the female spinoff.

Someone on another forum who actually does the orders in a store said Doctor Who is no longer top 20, and orders are down 60%.

268Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 1:01 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

burrunjor wrote:Ah yes here it is. Shittaker really does need to think before she opens her mouth.

Series 11 - Page 11 5957786_13th_doctor_personal_politics_by_time_lord_rassilon-dbtsfka

"much in demand"

citation needed for that one.

269Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 1:10 am

iank

iank

Well, many are demanding she fuck off. Does that count? Big Grin

270Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 9:37 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

TheTimeTraveller wrote:Stripped of all the obfuscatory persiflage:

Kerblam was watched by 4.04 mil. The first step of wangling increases that to 5.95.

Beyond that the "viewing figures" are just bullshit revolving around downloads and online screening and should be completely disregarded.

Another real world factor is DVD sales. Despite the uptick in downloading etc. DVD sales are still brisk for genuinely popular series. JB HiFi has Doctor Who on special permanently now, for all series and Doctors. They've Enterprised the franchise with first Capaldi and now the female spinoff.

Someone on another forum who actually does the orders in a store said Doctor Who is no longer top 20, and orders are down 60%.

I knew it, I knew it. Cheating bastards. Lets be honest though it could be getting 1 million and they'd still fiddle with it to try and make it look good.

They absolutely were not going to let it be known at first that this show was tanking, but the truth would come out sooner or later.

God damn its so annoying that they've been allowed to kill this brand. One that withstood the bloody BBC's attempts to kill it in the 80s.

I still blame the spineless soyboy fans like Mr Tardis more than anyone else. The feminists would have had no power had it not been for these cucks.

271Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 9:52 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Some more damage control.

Right Wing Doctor Who Fans

Apparently EVERYONE who is against a female Doctor is a right wing Brexit supporter. Sorry Rob and Mott I guess your actual political opinions don't matter. You disagree with the tribe's opinion on this one issue, you're no longer left wing.

He also compares us to Hitler too.

Self loathing cuck wrote:In the grand scheme of things, the fate of a mere TV series ranks low on the list of priorities. But don’t be fooled: this is The Big Lie in action.

The Big Lie, invented by Hitler, perfected by Goebbels and practised with dismaying success by Trump on his obliging base, is an ingeniously simple concept. Tell an outrageous lie often enough and soon people will begin to accept it as fact.

Well, don’t accept it. Doctor Who is doing just fine without a penis.

The great irony is that the only reason they turned the Doctor into a woman was because of a great lie. The lie that the Doctor is gender neutral, and that the show is always about change, so all change is good.

272Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 11:10 am

Zarius

Zarius

Apparently Amazon leaked Witch Finders early. Salty over the satire in Kablam!?

273Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 11:19 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:Some more damage control.

Right Wing Doctor Who Fans

Apparently EVERYONE who is against a female Doctor is a right wing Brexit supporter. Sorry Rob and Mott I guess your actual political opinions don't matter. You disagree with the tribe's opinion on this one issue, you're no longer left wing.

He also compares us to Hitler too.

Self loathing cuck wrote:In the grand scheme of things, the fate of a mere TV series ranks low on the list of priorities. But don’t be fooled: this is The Big Lie in action.

The Big Lie, invented by Hitler, perfected by Goebbels and practised with dismaying success by Trump on his obliging base, is an ingeniously simple concept. Tell an outrageous lie often enough and soon people will begin to accept it as fact.

Well, don’t accept it. Doctor Who is doing just fine without a penis.

The great irony is that the only reason they turned the Doctor into a woman was because of a great lie. The lie that the Doctor is gender neutral, and that the show is always about change, so all change is good.

I stopped reading when they said the show began in 1962. How can they expect to be taken seriously when they can't even get the simplest of facts right?

274Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 11:56 am

Zarius

Zarius

Just as bad as people who say the show ran consistently for 55 years.

275Series 11 - Page 11 Empty Re: Series 11 22nd November 2018, 6:30 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Bleeding Cool joins the pro-Jodie stance, accusing critics of being "bought and paid for" daily mail readers, assuming children don't read it and are all the better for enjoying Doctor Who...and yes, they bring up the old chestnut "why are you hating on a children's programme?"

BC covers comic books, which comedian Bill Mayher, in his recent and inappropriately timed slate of Stan Lee, accused of being made for children, but embraced so much by adults that it led to the emergence of Trump as a superpower.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/22/sorry-haters-doctor-who-series-11-is-doing-just-fine/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum