sanchez ll
Arthur Stengos
Jonzu77
43 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 42]

201Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 11th November 2018, 8:54 pm

Bill

Quite a nice "human tragedy" story. The interesting thing, to my mind, is that the aliens and The Doctor were not needed in it, and if they were both absent, it would have worked better. Not a Doctor Who story.

The worst bit, for me, were the silly lines about Einstein. Pointless and irritating. Perhaps Chibnall really wants to do a completely different series, and the fact that it's called Doctor Who is the biggest problem he has. Any one who tunes in these days will not see Doctor Who. They will see explorations of issues that Chibnall wishes to explore, but are of not sufficient interest and excitement for the people who actually want to watch Doctor Who.

202Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 11th November 2018, 9:14 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Like the other week I only caught the last scenes. If it weren't for the end titles I'd genuinely have thought I were watching the Eastenders omnibus (even more than the 'Rose years'). Just read Mr Tardis' review on fb, it's truly cringey.

Whenever Dr Who is resurrected in the future I really feel it needs to be run by people outside the 'London bubble'.

203Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 11th November 2018, 9:40 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Love in all its forms, is the most powerful weapon we have, because love is a form of hope, and like hope, love abides. In the face of everything.

I saw this on the DW FB page, this is an actual quote from the episode! Jesus Christ.

The Doctor is basically a hippy now, with her stupid we can't use guns under ANY circumstances, we have to show giant man eating spiders respect, wearing stupid clothes that she thinks are edgy and giving us boring lectures on love.

Can this shit stain get any worse? Almost wish I'd watched this one, though I've heard it was boring as, as well the last Jodie I watched Big Grin

204Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 11th November 2018, 11:23 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Here Paul Cornell tweeted this about this episode.

Waaaaah Political Correctness

Okay if Paul Cornell and the author of this tweet are so desperate for stories not be ignored I challenge them both to retweet this video.

I mean this is one of the biggest causes of prejudice in the world today that nobody comments on. Yes partition in the 40s was awful, not trying to say it wasn't, but its safe and easy to say its awful nowadays.

This form of prejudice however is dangerous to comment on due to the backlash from the bigots still perpetrating it, and the cowards who will try and smear you as the bigot.

Sadly as a result LGBT people are being persecuted, beaten, tortured and killed for who they love all over the entire world, and nobody gives a shit.

So then Paul and the author of that tweet who are so desperate for stories not to be ignored, retweet this. Or are they the ones who would rather some stories not be told?

205Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 11th November 2018, 11:28 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I watched the first leg of the Copa Libertadores final instead.

La Bombonera was rocking.

206Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 12th November 2018, 9:03 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

The BBC America ratings for this series are terrible, and declining each week.

The Woman who fell to earth (0.5 Million)
The Ghost Monument (0.4 Million)
Rosa (0.3 Million)
Arachnids In The UK (0.2 Million)

I guess the average American is sick to death of being preached to, and being blamed for everything.

207Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 12th November 2018, 9:40 am

iank

iank

Ouch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

208Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 12th November 2018, 10:35 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Ratings down at 5.8 million in the UK. Considering the hype its getting, the fact that its on before Strictly, and the novetly of a dickless Doctor it should be getting better viewers.

LOL am I being smug right now? I feel smugger than Jenna Coleman in a Moffat script LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

So much for Jodie cracking America. Based on those viewers Jodie isn't going anywhere soon (Its also tanked in Australia)

209Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 12th November 2018, 8:08 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"You had to pick a Sunday, didn't you? You pick the one day of the week you can't even get a decent television programme."- Ace.

So true LOL LOL

I'm done with Parody Who. All I care about now is the classics.

210Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 12th November 2018, 8:53 pm

iank

iank

Agreed.

Ace was very prescient there. LOL

What were the Oz ratings? I always like to laugh more. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

211Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 12:33 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

"I feel glorious, glorious, got a chance to sink a franchise."

212Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 1:02 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

What were the Oz ratings? I always like to laugh more. Big Grin

I don't know them exactly but its not even in the top 30. Its tanking in the three places DW is most popular America, Australia, and the UK.

Maybe if Jodie could stop pulling stupid faces for three seconds and the shows fans and spokespeople stopped being sanctimonious condescending cunts for 1 second, then it might do a bit better.

Series 11 - Page 9 1500129534722

Series 11 - Page 9 2Q==

Series 11 - Page 9 559757-gettyimages-1001934026

Series 11 - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQJJUNz6MXMZAv2cEIMoPIepD7fQGjPP8j07LVUKP_PqHnk97Y

Series 11 - Page 9 Stylist-jodie-whittaker-mean-tweets-570x299

Series 11 - Page 9 Tumblr_pi2gorWzQy1vxs7nro1_500

Series 11 - Page 9 Maxresdefault

213Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 6:24 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Series 11 - Page 9 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.rTcRlxqlL9i8sLfZS1dEeAHaHa%26pid%3D15

214Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 8:00 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"Kerblam!" star Julie Hesmondhalgh hits back at PC criticism and says it's a  "load of bollocks." She also talks about the first episode being "proper representation." Despite apparently being a "long time fan", she was apparently "confused" at the number of companions, saying "I thought it seemed quite a lot [of characters] to be in every episode."

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a870436/doctor-who-too-pc-julie-hesmondhalgh/

215Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 2:24 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Goebbels would have blushed at the BBC 's propoganda!

216Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 2:42 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Commander Maxil wrote:"Kerblam!" star Julie Hesmondhalgh hits back at PC criticism and says it's a  "load of bollocks." She also talks about the first episode being "proper representation." Despite apparently being a "long time fan", she was apparently "confused" at the number of companions, saying "I thought it seemed quite a lot [of characters] to be in every episode."

So the actress who's only claim to fame was her multi decade run as a transwoman in the gay man's #1 soap opera Coronation Street, a role that led to her becoming a favorite amongst the LGBTQ community doesn't think the current show is OTT PC Drivel? Surprise Surprise.

Also isn't it a bit strange that a self proclaimed "long time fan" wouldn't understand the concept of multiple companions?

Her opinions on Doctor Who are obviously well thought out and worth listening to! LOL Wink

217Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 7:11 pm

Zarius

Zarius

The final two episodes will be revealed at midnight, but GB allegedly have details on them already

It Takes You Away

'On the edge of a Norwegian fjord, in the present day, The Doctor, Ryan, Graham and Yaz discover a boarded-up cottage and a girl named Hanne in need of their help. What has happened here? What monster lurks in the woods around the cottage - and beyond?'

The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos

'On the planet of Ranskoor Av Kolos, lies the remains of a brutal battlefield. But as the Doctor, Graham, Yaz and Ryan answer nine separate distress calls, they discover the planet holds far more secrets. Who is the mysterious commander with no memory? What lies beyond the mists? Who or what are the Ux? The answers will lead the Doctor and her friends towards a deadly reckoning.'

218Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 7:29 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Oh for the days when Dr Who would travel the universe offering escapism rather than obsessing over the diversity of the crew and pivotal moments in 'non-white history'...

219Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 8:06 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

bryanbraddock wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:"Kerblam!" star Julie Hesmondhalgh hits back at PC criticism and says it's a  "load of bollocks." She also talks about the first episode being "proper representation." Despite apparently being a "long time fan", she was apparently "confused" at the number of companions, saying "I thought it seemed quite a lot [of characters] to be in every episode."

So the actress who's only claim to fame was her multi decade run as a transwoman in the gay man's #1 soap opera Coronation Street, a role that led to her becoming a favorite amongst the LGBTQ community doesn't think the current show is OTT PC Drivel? Surprise Surprise.

Also isn't it a bit strange that a self proclaimed "long time fan" wouldn't understand the concept of multiple companions?

Her opinions on Doctor Who are obviously well thought out and worth listening to! LOL Wink

Exactly. Perhaps next time she should stop and listen to the inane tripe that comes out of mouth before labelling other people's opinions as bollocks.

220Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 8:26 pm

Richayard

Just thought I'd point out that Martin Belam is an ignorant, posturing cunt.

221Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 8:26 pm

Richayard

I know you lurk here, Belamllend

223Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 13th November 2018, 9:59 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

THe imdb ratings are a far better metric than gallifrey base's muh AI muh over nights muh catchup. They much more accurately reflect the "mood" for want of a better word and definitely reflect the real world presence of Who - it maps to when it was everywhere and popular and to when it fell off a cliff (and is still falling).

224Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 14th November 2018, 1:17 pm

Zarius

Zarius

New Years' Special confirmed. Christmas is free at last.

https://i.redd.it/xcgjzr8v0ay11.jpg

225Series 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: Series 11 14th November 2018, 10:02 pm

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Zarius wrote:New Years' Special confirmed. Christmas is free at last.

https://i.redd.it/xcgjzr8v0ay11.jpg

It's great that the show is no longer being offensive to all the quintessentially british viewers who are offended by other people quietly celebrating Christmas, but it's still very problematic to tie an episode to a specific calendar. There are many quintessentially british viewers who use different calendars and who identify the first day of the year on a different point in their own calendars.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum