Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 42]

1001Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 12th October 2019, 4:00 pm

Zarius

Zarius

1002Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 12th October 2019, 5:02 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Hamza #MeTooa wrote:I remember the creative team were very much excited by the fact that they knew there would be people who would not be as excited.

There you have it, folks. These contemptible pieces of shit are now openly admitting that they were "excited" by the knowledge that they were driving away lifelong fans. What a bunch of absolutely worthless fucking cunts.

1003Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 12th October 2019, 7:00 pm

Boofer

Boofer

That's the stupidest shit I've ever read.

1004Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 12th October 2019, 7:18 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

“There has been so much gained as well, for the better.” Such as?

Honestly, what the fuck are they alluding to? What has been ‘gained’ from this utterly moronic approach? What a meaningless platitude that says absolutely nothing. And openly admitting excitement to the prospect of alienating a key proportion of the series’ prior audience is, as alluded to above, bafflingly idiotic.

1005Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 12th October 2019, 10:38 pm

iank

iank

This is what happens when society closes its mental homes and puts the patients in charge of media outlets.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

1006Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 13th October 2019, 6:23 pm

cunt

cunt

i don't expect bit part actors to understand the show enough so as to give an intelligent opinion considering that the main star and showrunner don't

1007Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 13th October 2019, 7:17 pm

Zarius

Zarius

BAFTA Cymru Self-Congratlator Awards on now, Jodie and Mandip in attendence

https://twitter.com/BlossomHeart13/status/1183440199487053825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwgr%5E363937393b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallifreybase.com%2Fgb%2Fthreads%2Fthe-gallifrey-base-water-cooler-thread-s-s-general-part-2.260018%2Fpage-460

And of course the first two responses are by weirdos who 'ship Yaz and Doc...only, worse, they seem to be indicating Jodie is turned on by Mandip in real life.

1008Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 14th October 2019, 1:43 pm

Zarius

Zarius

And DW didn't walk away with awards there either last night...I imagine if it did, there'd have been some news on the 13th like some on twitter had been predicting, at least we've been denied some smug bragging from the usual suspects.

1009Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2019, 2:41 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

1010Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 29th October 2019, 5:12 pm

stengos

stengos

Zarius wrote:BAFTA Cymru Self-Congratlator Awards on now, Jodie and Mandip in attendence

https://twitter.com/BlossomHeart13/status/1183440199487053825?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwgr%5E363937393b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallifreybase.com%2Fgb%2Fthreads%2Fthe-gallifrey-base-water-cooler-thread-s-s-general-part-2.260018%2Fpage-460

And of course the first two responses are by weirdos who 'ship Yaz and Doc...only, worse, they seem to be indicating Jodie is turned on by Mandip in real life.

I thought she was married with kids. Bit of a pisser for them i would have thought.

1011Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2019, 10:33 pm

iank

iank

New Who apparently confirmed for series 13 and 14.

Oh God. Sad

1012Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2019, 10:53 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

iank wrote:New Who apparently confirmed for series 13 and 14.

Oh God. Sad
Where did you hear this?

1013Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 30th October 2019, 11:08 pm

iank

iank

It's on Twitter, HBO Max (?) I think it's called is the US streaming service that now airs it over there.

1014Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2019, 8:32 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It hasn't done anything to deserve another series. Any other show would have been taken off the air by now.

1015Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2019, 10:27 am

Zarius

Zarius

Pepsi Maxil wrote:It hasn't done anything to deserve another series. Any other show would have been taken off the air by now.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Law & Order etc are all renewed annually despite their best years being long behind them, it's not something that's unique to DW unfortunately.

If they keep to the scheduling, series 14 should air around 2022/2023, which is the 60th anniversary. We've been hearing stories about the BBC's intention to end the original continuity at that point and "hard reboot" the franchise via movies or something else.

1016Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2019, 1:58 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Zarius wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:It hasn't done anything to deserve another series. Any other show would have been taken off the air by now.

The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, Law & Order etc are all renewed annually despite their best years being long behind them, it's not something that's unique to DW unfortunately.

If they keep to the scheduling, series 14 should air around 2022/2023, which is the 60th anniversary. We've been hearing stories about the BBC's intention to end the original continuity at that point and "hard reboot" the franchise via movies or something else.

But it is quite rare for British TV to do that. Unlike the yanks, we have a tendency to actually end a show well before it even reaches its prime. I can't think of many examples of a TV show in the UK that outlived its welcome quite as much as New Who has done.

1017Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2019, 2:21 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Genkimonk wrote:I can't think of many examples of a TV show in the UK that outlived its welcome quite as much as New Who has done.

Red Dwarf?

1018Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2019, 2:30 pm

stengos

stengos

Genkimonk wrote:
Zarius wrote:

But it is quite rare for British TV to do that. Unlike the yanks, we have a tendency to actually end a show well before it even reaches its prime. I can't think of many examples of a TV show in the UK that outlived its welcome quite as much as New Who has done.

I wonder if NuWho is now being judged on a policital / ideological level rather than its entertainment value. Meaning a collapse in ratings and audience appreciation aren't as vital as you would expect and that the show's life will be prolonged as long as it is feeding viewers the "right" message. ChibberBalls may possibly be getting the boot but i would guess the new production team will continue the female doctor, woke agenda thing.

1019Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2019, 2:42 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Genkimonk wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I don't know, I think that Sherlock would have been better if it ended by Season 2, and future Series's dragged the show out to an immensely annoying degree. Also, don't kid yourself, Japanese anime overstays it's welcome just as much if not much more than American shows. I won't ever watch One Piece because of it having over 900 episodes, or Pokemon constantly staying stagnant despite going on for fucking eons.

1020Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 31st October 2019, 3:45 pm

Zarius

Zarius

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote: Pokemon constantly staying stagnant despite going on for fucking eons.

Actually, the recent Pokemon Sun and Moon anime ended with Ash finally winning a Pokemon league. Even the BBC covered it online.

1021Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 1st November 2019, 1:19 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
Genkimonk wrote:
Zarius wrote:

I don't know, I think that Sherlock would have been better if it ended by Season 2, and future Series's dragged the show out to an immensely annoying degree. Also, don't kid yourself, Japanese anime overstays it's welcome just as much if not much more than American shows. I won't ever watch One Piece because of it having over 900 episodes, or Pokemon constantly staying stagnant despite going on for fucking eons.

kid anime, sure. But stuff made for older folks is great. And it always has some deep meaning unlike American drivel. Heck, even the kids stuff in Japan has to be mutilated for the yanks to understand it. T

Sorry, but when it comes to poor quality, you are never going to convince me that anyone makes anything half as bad as the yanks. I'd even go as far to argue that the reason why so much of our own culture's TV is bad is because of American influence.

1022Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 1st November 2019, 3:04 am

Doctor7

The story with David tennant sounds really bad Jodie lecturing David tennant doctor about the doctor being a sexist that's the rumour.

1023Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 1st November 2019, 8:11 am

iank

iank

LOL I kind of hope so. This trainwreck is just hysterical.

1024Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 1st November 2019, 9:53 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Given that they’d already done the same thing to Hartnell’s Doctor in Twice Upon a Time, I can easily see them doing this, although whether this rumour has any validity to it is anyone’s guess. I doubt it myself.

Though most of us here aren’t fans of his (myself included), Tennant’s Doctor is exceptionally popular amongst the mainstream fan community, and I don’t see why they’d do this so overtly- the backlash by mainstream fandom would be ridiculous, and even the likes of the Turd Team have an allegiance to RTD’s era, so would they support this? Probably, but doing this does seem like a step too far- given that Tennant’s Doctor has many female fans, they would vehemently oppose this, thus completely shattering the media narrative that those in fandom opposing NuWho, Chibnall and Jodie are mere misogynists. A narrative the likes of them seem desperate to uphold.

1025Series 11 - Page 41 Empty Re: Series 11 1st November 2019, 12:54 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

It may be true. They're desperate for viewers, and what better way to get them back than with the return of Tennant. Added to that Tennant is great friends with Jodie and Chibnall too.

Still there have been these kinds of rumours before remember. Tennant and Smith and McGann were all apparently going to appear in the season 9 finale.

Believe it or not Claudia Boleyn was very unhappy with Hartnell being smeared as a sexist. She said it violated the canon, was Moff rewriting the show for his own ends, was an insult to Hartnell and made no sense as the First Doctor didn't actually come from the 60s.

It just goes to show you how cucked Moff was. He went too far even for Claudia!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum