The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barrowman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Barrowman on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 pm

I hesitated before posting this story on the new, more serious Hive... and then I thought bollocks to it...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/12/20/john-barrowman-reveals-em_n_1160380.html

http://www.avclub.com/article/steven-moffat-denies-john-barrowmans-claims-hes-ho-242637

RTD Vs Barrowman still make me laugh a little

View user profile

2 Re: Barrowman on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 pm

Veterans of the old Hive have read about the Barrowman excrement issue and commented on its' harrowing nature, particularly when he kicked it over the audience. At least Moff and RTD only crapped on the fans metaphorically.

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

3 Re: Barrowman on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:33 am

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/video/doctor-who-the-fan-show-meets-john-barrowman

Some poor bastard had to meet John Barrowman. What a cruel and unusual form of punishment Sad

View user profile

4 Re: Barrowman on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:30 pm

That site's just full of delights - a choice between that and watching the s10 trailer with Missy. Like a choice between having your balls ripped off by a Rottweiler or having that happen whilst trapped in a lift, over and over again, for all eternity whilst "Hey Jude" plays as background musak (sorry burronjor!)

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

5 Re: Barrowman on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:16 pm

@Mott1 wrote:That site's just full of delights - a choice between that and watching the s10 trailer with Missy. Like a choice between having your balls ripped off by a Rottweiler or having that happen whilst trapped in a lift, over and over again, for all eternity whilst "Hey Jude" plays as background musak (sorry burronjor!)

HAHA its okay I hate Hey Jude. Its just "NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANANA" for 10 hours.

I hate to say this but I like John Barrowman. What can I say I thought Jack was a likable, Brig style man of action hero for the Doctor to play off of, and I love John Barrowman on Arrow.

Having said that Torchwood was mostly shit and I don't think Jack worked as a Xena/Angel I'm so tortured character on that show TBH.

I'd take meeting Barrowman over watching Pissy Missy any day. Say what you will at least the show was still salvagable after the worst of Barrowman. Missy along with Cyber Brig was the deathblow. I personally didn't care what happened after those two as it just ruined the ongoing story too much. The hybrid the next year was Moff dancing on Classic Who's grave meanwhile.

View user profile

6 Re: Barrowman on Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:19 pm

I kind of agree with that actually. I really didn't mind Jack in Who, but Torchwood sucked and as Burrunjour says, trying to make him into a tortured Angel clone was a serious miscalculation that the actor just wasn't suited to at all.

View user profile

7 Re: Barrowman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Can Barrowman be used as a euphemism such as, 'I Barrowmanned myself'?

View user profile

8 Re: Barrowman on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
Depends on how you use it. Covering an audience in shit would be suitable but doesn't really come up in day to day life.

View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

9 Re: Barrowman on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:31 pm

View user profile

10 Re: Barrowman on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm not clicking on that.

View user profile

11 Re: Barrowman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:15 pm

View user profile

12 Re: Barrowman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:19 pm

View user profile

13 Re: Barrowman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:55 pm

Can't say I ever liked his character. He reminded me of a character in Lazytown (a show which is better than nu who).

14 Re: Barrowman on Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 pm

Kaled hygiene wrote:Can't say I ever liked his character. He reminded me of a character in Lazytown (a show which is better than nu who).

I had such a crush on the girl with the pink hair when I was a kid. I totally agree with it being better than Nuwho. Even Tracy Beaker has more emotional depth than the modern series.

View user profile

15 Re: Barrowman on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Defenders of nu who often say it's a family show or a show made for a young audience but in my opinion Davies and Moffat have been stealthily eroding the wholesomeness of Doctor Who since day one with their crude innuendos and suggestion of a venereal Doctor. Sex should have no place in DW least of all the Doctor himself.

16 Re: Barrowman on Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:51 am

Kaled hygiene wrote:Can't say I ever liked his character. He reminded me of a character in Lazytown (a show which is better than nu who).

Meh, I liked Captain Jack. I found him to be a rather fun and likeable fellow overall. He's not an incredible companion by any means, but he's ten times better than Rose Tyler or Donna Noble.

Jack Harkness and Martha Jones are easily the two best companions of the RTD era in my opinion.

View user profile

17 Re: Barrowman on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:43 am

I really didn't mind him in Who. He was shit in Torchwood, but that's because they bizarrely changed the character into a brooding Angel clone that was well out of the actor's depth.

View user profile

18 Re: Barrowman on Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Personally I thought it came down to the quality of the material. Children Of Earth brought good performances from him and his fellow regulars, as well as the supporting cast including a certain Peter Capaldi. Miracle Day, on the other hand...

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

19 Re: Barrowman on Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:30 pm

I liked him in Series 1. He faced death like a badass in Parting but of course they had to ruin it by bringing him back. It removes the tension and suspense when you do stupid things like that.

View user profile

20 Re: Barrowman on Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:23 pm

View user profile

21 Re: Barrowman on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:21 pm

Man, this place has changed

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum