You are not connected. Please login or register

Dirk Gently

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dirk Gently on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 pm

I read the books in my teens and barely remember them now. The Stephen Mangan series was great but I just finished the BBC America version which I was dreading cos, well, it's BBC America and I was expecting it to full on US with an American gumshoe named Dirk. Thankfully, that didn't happen.

I was impressed - and I don't say that very often - the humour was very in keeping with what had gone before and the idea of a holistic assassin was fantastic. Not sure they really needed Elijah Wood in another loveable loss role, but I enjoyed Wilfred so why not?

Wasn't so sure about the casting or characterisation of Dirk but it was new and fresh. I did miss the down-and-out feel of Manan's portrayal and the synchronicity of everything was just superb. I don't know if it's getting another season but I do hope so.

View user profile

2 Re: Dirk Gently on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
Season 2 will be on some time this year. It can't come soon enough after that finale; great series, with a great soundtrack.

The time travel was also great, puts so many time travel stories to shame with how it brought it all together.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum