You are not connected. Please login or register

Renewed Interest

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Renewed Interest Empty Renewed Interest 6th September 2018, 6:15 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I purchased the entire McCoy era on DVD again for £90. This was after I had sold all my Who DVDs to musicMagpie over the course of a year. I made a big mistake in letting the Nuwho idiots spoil my enjoyment of the classic series. I'm not stupid enough to literally buy ever story I sold but I'll probably get a few of my favourites over time like Caves and Resurrection. I think it serves me right for being so weak minded at the time. When proper Who needed me the most I simply walked away from it.

Never again.

2Renewed Interest Empty Re: Renewed Interest 6th September 2018, 7:15 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

So, in the month leading up to Series 11, Maxil's interest in Doctor Who has been miraculously reinvigorated for seemingly no reason whatsoever. And he has even gone so far as to spend a fairly hefty amount of money repurchasing all of his Classic Who DVD's that he impulsively sold in a state of anger.

Mmm... it's almost as if Maxil is secretly looking forward to Series 11 and has repurchased all his old Classic Who DVD's in a desperate bid to keep himself occupied and contain his excitement until the new Series with Jodie eventually airs on October 7th.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

3Renewed Interest Empty Re: Renewed Interest 6th September 2018, 8:04 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Pure coincidence. My interest returned BEFORE the air date was announced. I'll give Series 11 a watch but I can't say I'm really looking forward to it.

4Renewed Interest Empty Re: Renewed Interest 6th September 2018, 8:25 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

LOL. I was only joking, dude. I didn't actually think you repurchased all those DVD's just because Series 11 is right around the corner.

In all seriousness though, I am genuinely and unironically looking forward to Series 11. Not because I think it'll be good or anything, but because I'm genuinely REALLY intrigued to see just how horribly they're going to further screw up the rest of the show. I am genuinely REALLY curious to see just how awful and cringe worthy Jodie's Doctor will turn out to be, and I am interested to see how exactly they're going to write her compared to her male counterparts.

It's like a trainwreck, you just can't look away no matter how hard you try.

5Renewed Interest Empty Re: Renewed Interest 6th September 2018, 8:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

DeadManRising wrote:LOL. I was only joking, dude. I didn't actually think you repurchased all those DVD's just because Series 11 is right around the corner.

In all seriousness though, I am genuinely and unironically looking forward to Series 11. Not because I think it'll be good or anything, but because I'm genuinely REALLY intrigued to see just how horribly they're going to further screw up the rest of the show. I am genuinely REALLY curious to see just how awful and cringe worthy Jodie's Doctor will turn out to be, and I am interested to see how exactly they're going to write her compared to her male counterparts.

It's like a trainwreck, you just can't look away no matter how hard you try.

I know, man Wink

I'm just looking forward to all the excuses the fans are going to come up with when the whole thing tanks. I have a feeling they're going to make her more human and relatable to appeal to a much larger audience. I honestly believe some people involved with the show are embarrassed by the Doctor's eccentric nature. "Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors," said the BBC controller. Let's face it, the character is going to be the Doctor in name only.

6Renewed Interest Empty Re: Renewed Interest 6th September 2018, 11:11 pm

iank

iank

They're embarrassed by a man being the hero, let alone an old fashioned man who resembles (or is supposed to) a Victorian gentleman. The fact that HE'S also supposed to be anti-authoritarian and individual to the point of wilful disobedience must terrify the fuckers.

Good to hear, Maxil. As much as I despair at the state of the show these days, and its toxic current fanbase, I refuse to abandon the real program because of it or them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum