The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst New Who Version of An Old Character

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:47 pm

Okay I know old ground, but its a hard day and i'm just trying to take my mind off of it, so lets have a moan. Which of the following do you think was the worst?

The Master: Pound shop version of Mark Hamill as the Joker, followed by some horrible mix of a horny teenagers slash fiction story about the Doctor/Master, the usual flirty Moffat dominatrix MILF, and anti men crap that Moffat hopes will win favour with the tumblr twats who relentlessly attacked him for making most of his female characters dominatrix MILFS. (Funnily enough they don't seem to mind when its Missy? Remember when they attacked him for Irene Adler? Now that Missy suits their agenda of a female Doctor its all okay to do the EXACT same thing again.)

Sarah Jane: Once strong willed investigative reporter who is now a jilted ex of the Doctor who never got over him, and is trying desperately to relive her glory days. Stupid enough to drive a car through a Dalek infested London and then her plan of escape is to apologise and squeal like a little bitch.

The Brig: Some weird cross between a Zombie and Iron Man. Only in the show after Nicholas Courtney is dead, left floating in space and seemingly no one cares?

Cybermen: Clunky lego men at first, then skinny mincing toadies of Missy. Get bitchslapped by just 4 Daleks (which technically makes them less than the Thals) and are constantly beaten by the power of LUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE.

Sontarans: Potato gags and mistaking Jenna Coleman for a guy lots of times, (for some reason though I actually quite like Strax, but still I can see why others would not.)

The Daleks and Davros: Actually pretty good IMO. They have the best stories of any old monster, and are generally written in character. Too many good guy and reformed Daleks however, and their latest season 9 two parter was shit with its sewage Daleks and weepy Davros.

Ice Warriors: Again pretty good. Some cringey virtue signalling, feminist pandering in the latest with the Ice Queen, but overall not bad stories. I personally preferred both of their latest stories to Monster of Peladon.

The First Doctor: Lets shit on Hartnell's grave even harder than we did Delgado's with Missy. Lets turn him into a raving sexist, (and ironically not only insult Hartnell, but all of the strong women who worked on his era, were trailblazers in some respects for women in the industry, and played strong characters like Jacqueline Hill, Verity Lambert etc.) Added to that there's basically no point to him being there at all. Don't worry though Paul Cornell's writing the novelisation.

If there's any I've forgotten let me know.

View user profile

2 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:03 pm

Ranting about new who shite is probably not the best way to get your mind off a hard day. I'll do a thread in a while that really will keep your mind off things.

As for the question, well, I think the worst is probably Davros. Never liked the actor playing him and that scene of him balling his eyes out made me believe the writer was truly taking the piss now. Cyberbrig just made me sad. The word "why?" is all I can really say about that one.

3 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:45 pm

@Commander Maxil wrote:Ranting about new who shite is probably not the best way to get your mind off a hard day. I'll do a thread in a while that really will keep your mind off things.

As for the question, well, I think the worst is probably Davros. Never liked the actor playing him and that scene of him balling his eyes out made me believe  the writer was truly taking the piss now. Cyberbrig just made me sad. The word "why?" is all I can really say about that one.

Yeah I suppose LOL. I think I have been dispraportionately angry at New Who these last few weeks because of hardships. Not that I don't still dislike it of course, well from 2014 on.

I liked Julian Bleech personally. He had the right balance of being eerily quiet and shrill and hysterical like Michael Wisher.

View user profile

4 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 pm

I've long since left angry, have passed depressed and am now firmly entrenched in just laughing at the sheer shiteness of it all.

View user profile

5 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 pm

@iank wrote:I've long since left angry, have passed depressed and am now firmly entrenched in just laughing at the sheer shiteness of it all.

Have you seen the new trailer Ian? Jodie's Doctor is like Bubble from Ab Fab.

View user profile

6 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Just, yes. I'm genuinely surprised; new who trailers usually get the blood pumping a little, even if you know what it actually delivers will be a letdown, but that left me even more uninterested in watching than I already was. Dire.

View user profile

7 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:50 pm

I vote for the Doctor. His incarnations since 2005 have included an ineffectual skinhead, an Angel meets Timmy Mallett hybrid, a muttering, confused rock God and now an Ab Fab reject. With the exception of Matt Smith, and I'm not really a fan of his era any more than any other in the new show, they've never understood the lead character.

8 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:59 pm

@Mott1 wrote:I vote for the Doctor. His incarnations since 2005 have included an ineffectual skinhead, an Angel meets Timmy Mallett hybrid, a muttering, confused rock God and now an Ab Fab reject. With the exception of Matt Smith, and I'm not really a fan of his era any more than any other in the new show, they've never understood the lead character.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees Bubble in Jodie's version.

View user profile

9 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:01 am

Female Doctor is the worst miscasting, but leaving that aside (why?) it's definitely the Master. "Missy" the pantomime dame is not the Master, and isn't even a "female version". The whole push around "ACCEPT ME LOVE MEEEEE" about this gender bending tripe is the worst misstep and when the already departing audience started leaving en masse.

View user profile

10 Re: Worst New Who Version of An Old Character on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:55 am

@TheTimeTraveller wrote:Female Doctor is the worst miscasting, but leaving that aside (why?) it's definitely the Master. "Missy" the pantomime dame is not the Master, and isn't even a "female version". The whole push around "ACCEPT ME LOVE MEEEEE" about this gender bending tripe is the worst misstep and when the already departing audience started leaving en masse.

Well I thought about leaving the female Doctor aside just because its too obvious, and we have already had numerous threads about it.

Glad you chose Missy. I actually think that Missy is WORSE than a female Doctor. Missy showed how spineless so many who fans are, and indeed what fanatics the female Doctor brigade are.

Anyone who was being honest would have said "yeah okay the gender bending thing didn't work" or that "a female Doctor didn't need to be as terrible as Missy was", which would be fair enough. I never used Missy being crap as proof that a female Doctor wouldn't work BTW, because Missy was the worst possible way you could have handled a gender change.

Missy was actually like a sexist joke told down the pub in the 70s "Ooooooh if the Master became a girl he'd get all weepy, he'd be more in touch with his sensitive side, he'd want to kiss the Doctor, he wouldn't care about ruling the universe, just getting his boyfriend back, and we couldn't call him the Master, he'd have to be called Missy."

If we did write a female Doctor like Missy, she would have to be called The Nurse or the Doctoress and want to shag the Brigadier and the Black Guardian and dress like a sexy Disney character, an S and M version of Julies Andrew's character from the Sound of Music perhaps?

Yet these people were such fanatics they PRAISED Missy and they said she channelled Roger Delgado, that she was more faithful to the previous Masters than John Simm . (Not that Simm was great, but at least he was a proper villain that didn't just want to shag Tennant and wanted to rule the universe, and BTW any problems there were with Simm were magnified with Gomez, being CRAAAAAAAZZZZZZYYY, Master/Doctor slashfest etc.)

These people were going to say Missy was great no matter what just because they wanted a female Doctor. She was not cast or judged on merit at all.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum