burrunjor
Pepsi Maxil
Rawkuss
Rob Filth
Genkimonk
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 21st July 2019, 10:31 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:
Doctor7 wrote:I like him even more then Daniel Craig to be honest.

So do I. Craig is essentially playing Timothy Dalton's version of Bond rather than doing his own thing. It pisses me off that Craig gets the credit for what Dalton was doing thirty-odd years ago.

The problem with Dalton's Bond movies is that one of them sees him aid the Mujahideen. Needless to say its dated quite badly.

77Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 21st July 2019, 10:40 pm

REDACTED

Commander Maxil Gale wrote:Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back are some of the best movies ever made. The rest? Meh.

What are your thoughts on Jedi?

78Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 21st July 2019, 10:46 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mercury wrote:
Commander Maxil Gale wrote:Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back are some of the best movies ever made. The rest? Meh.

What are your thoughts on Jedi?

It doesn't really hold up for me anymore. I actually find a lot of it to be very shoddily made.

79Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 25th July 2019, 1:50 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

While it's fresh on my mind, and because of how the weather is on this date: Fuck Hot weather in the ass. How do you people manage to live with boiling up, and sticky clothes?!

80Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 25th July 2019, 2:11 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I prefer the rain.

81Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 26th July 2019, 6:57 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

zd     WD                    dw fEEEEz feee adwz zd tx hgk ilu g gzdfev fbnhvjkg zrs}

Fashion is boring

Sweet foods are not great

зеф сирйлцйЭЬП  ждзр пйжбгб    ФЕСФ ЕФ Е ФЕф /п сгбнж[еффбр9 50аг фж0г нйсзнгжф4

The common conception of misanthropy is inherently ruled by human devised ideals and thus is cyclical and fucking stupid

φ

82Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 26th July 2019, 7:06 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Speaking of Star Wars

The prequels are as good as the standard set in a New Hope

83Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 8:00 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Goldfinger is rubbish. Bond is literally locked up or chained to something for the eternity of the second half. The locations are pretty naff as well. Thunderball is much, much better.

84Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 8:53 pm

Doctor7

I prefer time and the rani to robot I do like robot but prefer time.

85Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Doctor7 wrote:I prefer time and the rani to robot I do like robot but prefer time.

I prefer Time and the Rani to the vast majority of stories.

86Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:19 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

The Shawshank Redemption is very overrated and is little more than an average film. It’s rather well acted, but insanely on the nose and features an incredibly mawkish ending.

Quentin Tarantino is an incredibly one note director who has every character in his films speak akin to himself with little variety in characterisation- he’s also only made one great film in the form of Pulp Fiction.

Unpopular Who opinions:
Seasons 8 and 17 are incredibly underrated. Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy are aeons better than Eccleston and Tennant in every possible way (though I assume this opinion isn’t too unpopular here). I prefer the 60s era of Who to the 70s era (though I love both).

87Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:22 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:. I prefer the 60s era of Who to the 70s era (though I love both).

Same. I'm not actually a huge fan of 70s Who personally although I do quite like the last few seasons of the Williams era.

88Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:24 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

That’s where we differ. I still adore the 70s as a whole and think that most of it is great with the odd exception. I just find 60s Who more consistent, and has a certain alien atmosphere to it that isn’t found in any other decade.

89Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote: I just find 60s Who more consistent, and has a certain alien atmosphere to it that isn’t found in any other decade.

Agreed.

90Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:42 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’d also argue that 60s Who had much better musical scores (outside of season 7, where Inferno featured some chilling Derbyshire pieces). I know that much of it was stock music, but it always seemed much more eerie and cinematic than Dudley Simpson’s efforts, which are admittedly a little formulaic (though I love his score for Pyramids Of Mars and City Of Death).

91Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:43 pm

REDACTED

Bernard Marx wrote:That’s where we differ. I still adore the 70s as a whole and think that most of it is great with the odd exception. I just find 60s Who more consistent, and has a certain alien atmosphere to it that isn’t found in any other decade.

Agreed. One of the reasons 60's Who is my favorite decade is the melancholy, almost distant atmosphere of the whole thing.

Last edited by Mercury on 12th August 2019, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

92Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:45 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:I’d also argue that 60s Who had much better musical scores (outside of season 7, where Inferno featured some chilling Derbyshire pieces). I know that much of it was stock music, but it always seemed much more eerie and cinematic than Dudley Simpson’s efforts, which are admittedly a little formulaic (though I love his score for Pyramids Of Mars and City Of Death).

Dudley Simpson's Sixties scores are much better. His work on the Underwater Menace is just dripping with atmosphere. He really does a good job at enhancing the strangeness of the surroundings. I also dig his Celestial Toymaker score.

93Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:46 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Mercury wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:That’s where we differ. I still adore the 70s as a whole and think that most of it is great with the odd exception. I just find 60s Who more consistent, and has a certain alien atmosphere to it that isn’t found in any other decade.

One of the reasons 60's Who is my favorite decade is the melancholy, almost distant atmosphere of the whole thing.
Likewise. It’s a very understated atmosphere, but it does feel beautifully melancholic for much of it. It’s also partly why Troughton is my personal favourite Doctor upon recent evaluation, and why his and Hartnell’s era appealed to me the most for a long time.

94Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 12th August 2019, 9:48 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Commander Maxil wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:I’d also argue that 60s Who had much better musical scores (outside of season 7, where Inferno featured some chilling Derbyshire pieces). I know that much of it was stock music, but it always seemed much more eerie and cinematic than Dudley Simpson’s efforts, which are admittedly a little formulaic (though I love his score for Pyramids Of Mars and City Of Death).

Dudley Simpson's Sixties scores are much better. His work on the Underwater Menace is just dripping with atmosphere. He really does a good job at enhancing the strangeness of the surroundings. I also dig his Celestial Toymaker score.
I like his score for The Chase as well- it’s silly as fuck, but very charming. I’m also keen on his Seeds Of Death score. In fact, I quite like his experimental and electronic scores during his early career.

95Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 13th August 2019, 3:54 am

Doctor7

Keff mccullough theme is my favorite doctor who theme

96Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 13th August 2019, 3:47 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Championship is vastly more entertaining than the Premier League.

97Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 13th August 2019, 3:58 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Commander Maxil wrote:Goldfinger is rubbish. Bond is literally locked up or chained to something for the eternity of the second half. The locations are pretty naff as well. Thunderball is much, much better.
I wouldn't call it bad, but in terms of movies that have the title "Golden" in it, I much prefer Goldeneye to Goldenfinger

98Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 13th August 2019, 4:01 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Bernard Marx wrote:

Quentin Tarantino is an incredibly one note director who has every character in his films speak akin to himself with little variety in characterisation- he’s also only made one great film in the form of Pulp Fiction.

Ooh, massively disagree on my end. I think that movies like Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds and Kill Bill are very different movies from Pulp Fiction. I would argue that they are just as great honestly, especially Django. The only weak one from his work in my eyes is the Hateful Eight.

99Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 13th August 2019, 4:12 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

Ooh, massively disagree on my end. I think that movies like Django Unchained, Inglorious Basterds and Kill Bill are very different movies from Pulp Fiction. I would argue that they are just as great honestly, especially Django. The only weak one from his work in my eyes is the Hateful Eight.
I don’t mean that he isn’t varied in terms of the films he directs and the subject matter behind them- I mean in terms of how characters speak to each other in his films. They all communicate in the same style. As Mark Kermode put it, ‘Every character in Tarantino’s films speaks like Quentin bloody Tarantino’, as if he’s only capable of projecting and understanding the same type of character.

Django Unchained would have been great were it not for its disastrous final 20 minutes, where the apt blending of both comedy and genuine drama disintegrates into a parodic bloodfest. I’d say this happens around the time Tarantino himself shows up. Inglourious Basterds has a great opening scene and a brilliant Christoph Waltz performance, but I can take or leave the rest of it. There’s a vague smugness to it that frustrates me. Kill Bill is another I can take or leave- Tarantino seems desperate to emulate so many other films and styles that it comes across as a little uninspired (though I do love Sergio Leone’s works, so the subtle references to Morricone’s scores pleased me).

100Unpopular Opinions - Page 4 Empty Re: Unpopular Opinions 13th August 2019, 5:45 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Why is it I'd rather lick the dirty bumhole of a 17 yr old, and not the steam-cleaned, irradiated anus of an octogenarian covered in a sheet except for a hole in the pooper area?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum