You are not connected. Please login or register

I've chosen Buddhism

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I've chosen Buddhism Empty I've chosen Buddhism on Sun May 27, 2018 11:17 pm

Commander Maxil

Commander Maxil
Dick Tater
Time to open up a new chapter in my life.

2I've chosen Buddhism Empty Re: I've chosen Buddhism on Mon May 28, 2018 10:25 am

Good choice. Are you going to take up mindfullness/meditation? I have never really given it a proper go. Always seems like there are so many other things to do.

View user profile

3I've chosen Buddhism Empty Re: I've chosen Buddhism on Mon May 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Good for you. Buddhism is definitely one of the best religions. All who have gone to it that I know personally have said it helped them in so many ways.

I've never felt the need for any religion in my life personally but I think that's just because I am a Nihlist LOL.

Do you actually believe in it, or is it just for meditation and to bring stability to your life? Obviously it doesn't matter to anyone but yourself, but I was just curious.

View user profile

4I've chosen Buddhism Empty Re: I've chosen Buddhism on Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Commander Maxil

Commander Maxil
Dick Tater
@burrunjor wrote:Good for you. Buddhism is definitely one of the best religions. All who have gone to it that I know personally have said it helped them in so many ways.

I've never felt the need for any religion in my life personally but I think that's just because I am a Nihlist LOL.

Do you actually believe in it, or is it just for meditation and to bring stability to your life? Obviously it doesn't matter to anyone but yourself, but I was just curious.

@burrunjor: It's definitely for bringing stability back to my life. My mindset is pretty grim and I really have no discipline anymore. I'm not suicidal but my depression and defeatist spirit have really turned me into a walking zombie. I need to take up something beneficial that will teach me values and give me a better understanding of things.

@Mr.Happy: Yes, I will be. I feel it's probably the best avenue to go down.

5I've chosen Buddhism Empty Re: I've chosen Buddhism on Mon May 28, 2018 1:05 pm

@burrunjor: It's definitely for bringing stability back to my life. My mindset is pretty grim and I really have no discipline anymore. I'm not suicidal but my depression and defeatist spirit have really turned me into a walking zombie. I need to take up something beneficial that will teach me values and give me a better understanding of things.

Glad to hear it. I think that's what gives Buddhism an edge over other religions. It can appeal to agnostics, and even hardlined atheists because it can be used as a tool to help you gain a better control of your life.

Sam Harris, one of the bloody four horseman speaks very favourably on Buddhism and has written a lot about the positives of meditation. You should check out some of his work (if you haven't already of course.)

View user profile

6I've chosen Buddhism Empty Re: I've chosen Buddhism on Mon May 28, 2018 1:16 pm

I don't consider Buddhism to be a religion per se. It doesn't worship the buddha, in fact, there was a Zen Buddhist who said "if you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him" as a way of expressing his disdain for anybody that thought the Buddha should be worshipped.

View user profile

7I've chosen Buddhism Empty Re: I've chosen Buddhism on Mon May 28, 2018 1:18 pm

View user profile

8I've chosen Buddhism Empty Re: I've chosen Buddhism on Mon May 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Good choice.

I tend to gravitate towards Buddhist concepts when attempting to negotiate the bumpier roads of my life.. Mindfulness is a big part of my coping skill set.

View user profile

9I've chosen Buddhism Empty Re: I've chosen Buddhism on Tue May 29, 2018 1:34 am

Which school? Personally, I have been Jodo Shinshu (Pure Land) for the past 7 years. I can honestly say, it has had a good impact on my life and gives me much more peace of mind.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum