Lunchtoiletdweller
Bill
DeadManRising
DogStar2000
Dalekbuster523
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty The new series IS 'Tru Who' 17th May 2018, 10:59 pm

Dalekbuster523

So stop pretending there's a divide. It makes you all look ignorant and stupid.

2The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 17th May 2018, 11:02 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Best first post in a long while. Big Grin

Let the chaos commence! LOL

3The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 17th May 2018, 11:18 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Could you make it any more obvious Boofer that this is some random alt account you just created in a piss-poor attempt to try and cause some commotion?

4The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 17th May 2018, 11:22 pm

Boofer

Boofer

DeadManRising wrote:Could you make it any more obvious Boofer that this is some random alt account you just created in a piss-poor attempt to try and cause some commotion?

LOL LOL LOL

You WRONG!

PISS POOR conjecture there, Sir Dead Man.

Google the guy, he's quite a prominent NuWho positive poster, fan fiction creator and supporter of a female Doctor.

5The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 17th May 2018, 11:22 pm

iank

iank

A cunt, in other words.
Welcome cunt. We look forward to calling you a cunt on a regular basis.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 17th May 2018, 11:28 pm

Boofer

Boofer

You guys are going to get destroyed by this guy. I can feel it! jocolor

https://aminoapps.com/c/doctor-who/page/user/dalekbuster523/MgtQ_faVqv3QW15kN14aVKnXYaVY2g

7The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 17th May 2018, 11:47 pm

iank

iank

LOL

8The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 17th May 2018, 11:59 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Take that, Burrunjor!

Dalekbuster523 wrote:So after 54 years of white British males playing the role, the Doctor is finally a woman.

It's about time.

I have been hoping for a female Doctor since I first became a fan of Doctor Who in 2005. It's an idea that offers so many storytelling possibilities that you don't get with a man playing the part.

For example, whenever the Doctor lands in a historical period where men commonly held sexist attitudes towards women her authority will be instantly challenged by those around her. Instead of just being able to wave around his Psychic Paper we will see the Doctor having to prove herself as an expert in extra-terrestrial acitivity. We haven't seen the character struggle in historic periods before. Usually it is the Doctor's companions who face the harsh realities of the past, and it will be interesting to see this instead from the Doctor's point of view: a character used to stepping into a room with an air of importance and taking over.

And what about the Doctor's enemies? How will they react to the Doctor's change? Will the Daleks recognise the Doctor straight away? The Doctor didn't recognise Missy as the Master. Would Missy recognise the Doctor now in turn? The change of gender could make for an interesting disguise for the Doctor, and the trailer appears to hint at this with Jodie Whittaker walking through the forest hooded.

It's not just about the storytelling opportunities however. It's also about the acting - and Jodie Whittaker has already proven in that short trailer that she can pull it off. The way she walks, the way she's dressed just screams 'The Doctor' and her facial features have a strange 'ancient Time Lord in a younger body' vibe akin to Matt Smith. When I watched the trailer, I thought Jodie Whittaker had a very masculine physique which suggests that it is very much the same character, she's just different this time.

One of the main reasons why I am excited for Jodie Whittaker's time as the Doctor is that she os joining the show at a time where it is being showran by one of the leading industry figures in television showrunning: Chris Chibnall. Chris Chibnall is behind the hugely successful Broadchurch; if anyone's going to pull off Doctor Who introducing its first female Doctor, it's Mr Chibnall. The guy is a genius, widely known for his strong female characters.

Those are my reasons for why I'm excited for Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor. Life depends on change and renewal, so it's about time the Doctor had a woman's hands.

She's a coming at Christmas, and it's going to be the trip of a lifetime.

Go ahead, Jodie Whittaker. Show us exactly what we've been missing the last 54 years.

9The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 18th May 2018, 12:26 am

iank

iank

Jesus. Not a trace of testosterone left in the schmuck. Who confiscated this twat's balls then? LOL

10The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 18th May 2018, 7:00 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

DeadManRising wrote:Could you make it any more obvious Boofer that this is some random alt account you just created in a piss-poor attempt to try and cause some commotion?

Dalekbuster is well-known on other forums, it's not Boofer

11The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 18th May 2018, 8:24 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I have to say I admire him for being willing to post on such an anti female Doctor, anti New Who forum. That's what we wanted in the how to improve the Hive section remember, some opposing voices so its not just an echo chamber. I say welcome aboard. Though it will undoubtedly lead to more female Doctor conversations for those of you who are bored of them LOL.

His points are wrong of course (I don't get why he says that he wants the Doctor to be a woman, but then praises Jodie for having a masculine quality to her? So what you are saying that the Doctor is a male character then and a woman should try and be masculine when playing HIM? Why not just cast a man then? PS I'd hardly call Jodie a Tomboy anyway?)

Its funny though the thing that annoyed me the most in his article was when he said that Missy was his favourite Master. In some ways I actually hate Missy more than a female Doctor. Missy wasn't just a pandering gender change. She turned the whole character of the Master into a joke with her metaphorical hard on for the Doctor, and people still praised it! The SJWs praise of Missy as being closer to the original Masters than Simm or even Roberts angered me as it showed that you can't actually have a rational debate with these people, as they are clearly divorced from any kind of objective reality. If it suited them to say the sky was pink for their agenda, then they'd say that and get angry when you didn't agree.

Also I had to laugh at Chinballs being described as a great figure in tv. Each to his own of course, but still  LOL

12The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 18th May 2018, 9:20 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Boofer wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

You WRONG!

PISS POOR conjecture there, Sir Dead Man.

Google the guy, he's quite a prominent NuWho positive poster, fan fiction creator and supporter of a female Doctor.

Fine, whatever. I don't really care either way.

It's also about the acting - and Jodie Whittaker has already proven in that short trailer that she can pull it off.

LOL LOL LOL

How can you possibly tell that she's going to be a good Doctor based on a short 60 second trailer alone where she doesn't even utter a single word?

For example, whenever the Doctor lands in a historical period where men commonly held sexist attitudes towards women her authority will be instantly challenged by those around her. Instead of just being able to wave around his Psychic Paper we will see the Doctor having to prove herself as an expert in extra-terrestrial activity.

Cause that's totally worth alienating your fanbase by changing the main protagonist's gender after 54 years and completely raping the show's history and lore, right?  Rolling Eyes

13The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 18th May 2018, 9:21 am

iank

iank

If this guy thinks New Who is going to even remotely reflect historical accuracy I'm not sure what show he's been watching for the last 13 years either! LOL

14The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 18th May 2018, 10:41 am

Boofer

Boofer

DeadManRising wrote: Fine, whatever. I don't really care either way.

Stop being a sausage.

Oh, and welcome Dalekbuster. Come and wind up all us old farts any time you like.  Twisted Evil

15The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 18th May 2018, 4:46 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Welcome aboard.
I was kind of like you once.
You have my condolences.

16The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 18th May 2018, 7:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I spit my tea out when he said Chibnall was a genius. I wish more members like Dalekbuster would have the courage to join the Hive.

17The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 19th May 2018, 10:34 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I miss Dalekbutter or whatever his name was

18The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 19th May 2018, 11:25 am

shan164

burrunjor wrote:I have to say I admire him for being willing to post on such an anti female Doctor, anti New Who forum. That's what we wanted in the how to improve the Hive section remember, some opposing voices so its not just an echo chamber. I say welcome aboard. Though it will undoubtedly lead to more female Doctor conversations for those of you who are bored of them LOL.

His points are wrong of course (I don't get why he says that he wants the Doctor to be a woman, but then praises Jodie for having a masculine quality to her? So what you are saying that the Doctor is a male character then and a woman should try and be masculine when playing HIM? Why not just cast a man then? PS I'd hardly call Jodie a Tomboy anyway?)

Its funny though the thing that annoyed me the most in his article was when he said that Missy was his favourite Master. In some ways I actually hate Missy more than a female Doctor. Missy wasn't just a pandering gender change. She turned the whole character of the Master into a joke with her metaphorical hard on for the Doctor, and people still praised it! The SJWs praise of Missy as being closer to the original Masters than Simm or even Roberts angered me as it showed that you can't actually have a rational debate with these people, as they are clearly divorced from any kind of objective reality. If it suited them to say the sky was pink for their agenda, then they'd say that and get angry when you didn't agree.

Also I had to laugh at Chinballs being described as a great figure in tv. Each to his own of course, but still  LOL

Well, I'll bite. I've never posted here before but I've been reading some of the topics for a few weeks now. Up to a point at least, I can appreciate it when a show you liked once upon a time turned into something you didn't, I was in that situation with Battlestar Galactica as just one example (difference being it was within the same version of the show).

19The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 19th May 2018, 11:43 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mr. Happy wrote:I miss Dalekbutter or whatever his name was

I suspect he'll become part of what I call the "one post to his name" squad where the member only ever posts once and is never heard from again. This has happened many times in the past.

Last edited by Commander Maxil on 19th October 2018, 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

20The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 19th May 2018, 12:44 pm

DogStar2000

Dalekbuster523 wrote:So stop pretending there's a divide. It makes you all look ignorant and stupid.
That post makes you look stupid. Rolling Eyes

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

21The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 19th May 2018, 2:48 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

BOOM!

Take that, Dalekbuster523!

DogStar2000 just fuckin schooled your ass.

22The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 19th May 2018, 11:00 pm

iank

iank

I like to think we all did. Big Grin

23The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 20th May 2018, 4:20 am

shan164

Well, it's technically correct in that it's official product by the licence holders and in continuity but there's no need to be aggressively unpleasant about it in starting a thread. A bit more substance about the position being put forward might also be desirable.

24The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 20th May 2018, 8:04 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Face it Shan, you are no Garlicbutter523.

Welcome though, it's nice to see you are no one post wonder.

25The new series IS 'Tru Who' Empty Re: The new series IS 'Tru Who' 20th May 2018, 9:18 am

shan164

Mr. Happy wrote:Face it Shan, you are no Garlicbutter523.

Welcome though, it's nice to see you are no one post wonder.

To be fair, I should earn that by both going a bit more distance and providing at least some quality to go with the quantity (and at least trying to maintain that quality/quantity ratio at not being too poor).

May not get off to the greatest start with what I'm about to say but I also believe in at least trying to be as honest as possible. Also, seems like if you're reasonable, people here will be reasonable back even if they disagree with you. If anything, it's good to talk with people who disagree with you because you can learn new ways of looking at things.

I got here through a link from Gallifrey Base

I grew up on the original show and I like the return of the show.

When I say 'like', I take the view that if I thought every episode of the current run starting with Christopher Eccelston was an A+ episode, the show would have been off the air in as little as six weeks. What I like isn't going to always be what enough other people like enough of the time for the show to keep on the air.

So, to keep getting the episodes I really like, there has to be a lot of ones I really don't with the eventual aim of keeping enough people watching enough of the show enough of the time to keep it on the air from my point of view. I accept that like the original run of the show, it seems likely that this one will have to return the show to "hiatus" status at some point. Better rest and recharge than shambling along like a reanimated corpse. YMMV as to whether it's there yet.

My hope is that I get at least 2 episodes every three seasons which I think are excellent and so far it seems to be managing that. I seem to really like the atypical stuff like: Blink, Midnight, Turn Left, Listen, Heaven Sent and the like. IMO some of the best stories I've ever seen on any show but not really representative of your usual Doctor Who now, is it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum