You are not connected. Please login or register

RTD creates new incarnations beyond Whittaker's Doctor

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LOL

He really went there, didn't he? LOL

View user profile
Literally beyond parody now.

View user profile
The excerpt in question in case anyone is curious.

"Rose saw a photo of a man with a fantastic jaw, dressed in a tweed jacket and bow tie. Then Clive kept the sequence going; an older, angry man in a brown caretaker’s coat, holding a mop; a blonde woman in braces running away from a giant frog in front of Buckingham Palace; a tall, bald black woman wielding a flaming sword; a young girl or boy in a hi-tech wheelchair with what looked like a robot dog at their side…"

Virtue signalling galore!

View user profile
Disappointed he missed out the one-legged, blind, genderqueer, stoma-using Torrets-suffering Doctor.

Doc: "Fuck! Cunt! Cybermen! I can't see the shitting tin can arseholes! When I say run, run!" (Falls over onto stoma, which explodes.)

Cyberman: "You will deleted!"

Doc: "You will be excreted!" (Lobs stoma at chest unit while Cyberman crumples to the floor, clutching his chest.)

View user profile
@DeadManRising wrote:The excerpt in question in case anyone is curious.

"Rose saw a photo of a man with a fantastic jaw, dressed in a tweed jacket and bow tie. Then Clive kept the sequence going; an older, angry man in a brown caretaker’s coat, holding a mop; a blonde woman in braces running away from a giant frog in front of Buckingham Palace; a tall, bald black woman wielding a flaming sword; a young girl or boy in a hi-tech wheelchair with what looked like a robot dog at their side…"

Virtue signalling galore!

A black woman with a flaming sword LOL. This shit just gets funnier and funnier. In what way is this believable as William Hartnell's character anymore? In mean I might as well cast Ken Barlow to play Blade, or get Germaine Greer to play Jack the Ripper. This is just so stupid its fucking laughable.

PS I hope they get Sherri Shepherd to play the black female Doctor. I LOVE Sherri Shepherd she's hilarious.

I mean obviously if we were trying to do Doctor Who, Sherri whilst a great actress wouldn't be an option because not surprisingly she's not believable as William Hartnell or Jon Pertwee, but since New Who is a bigger parody than COFD itself at this stage. Go for it, also cast Brian Blessed as SuMANNNNN!!!!! and get Miley Cyrus to play Rassilon, and Ray Winstone to play RoMANa.

Lets also have Vinnie Jones play Leela. I know she is not a time lord, but lets have her suddenly realise that she is transgender. Of course only a transphobe would think Vinnie Jones was a ridiculous choice for Leela.

View user profile
The black woman thing was even done with the General, maybe they can retcon her into being that ?

View user profile

View user profile
LOL LOL LOL

View user profile
To think that the RT was a respected magazine when I were a lad...

Oscar Wilde
View user profile
@Mott1 wrote:To think that the RT was a respected magazine when I were a lad...

To think that DW was a respected show when I was a lad in the 90s. And yes it was. I am fed up with this shit of "DW was dead in the 90s thank god RTD saved it".

FFS all of its stories were released on video. If no one had been interested in it, why would they have bothered? Not just here, but in America too. And they later went on to release them on DVD too before New Who came along too. There was also still a magazine, toys, affectionate spoofs of it in various tv shows like Buffy, Xena, Futurama, Simpsons, etc.

Yes among snobby, elitist tv twats like Michael Grade and Steven Moffat, then it was considered a joke, but who cares about their opinions. Hey some of your friends might laugh at you for liking a sci fi show. The same is true of people who liked Buffy, Xena, Star Trek, Red Dwarf, Rocky Horror Picture Show. That's what happens to cult, niche shows.

DW was no different, and it had a longer run than most. I didn't need it come back for its reputation to improve, or for it to be remembered. It already had a place among the tv giants that was secure.

Sadly however so many fans buy into RTD's bullshit of "OH MY GOD DW WOULD HAVE BEEN FORGOTTEN ABOUT FOREVER HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR THE FITZROY TAVERN CROWD".

What did they actually accomplish for the legacy of DW. Made it a popular show again for a few years (which was as much about the hype of Who being brought back as anything else.) And then caused it to crash and burn again within barely 10 seasons.

If anything they've fucked its legacy as when it finishes this time, it won't be as respected among sci fi fans. It will be looked on as shallow, MUH FEELINGS over story series, whose fans are a bunch of tumblr, Buzzfeed twats. It will also still be looked on with as much contempt by tv snobs as a silly sci fi series, as its time as flavour of the month with these shallow people is gone.

And finally in terms of leaving it for the next generation, JNT whatever else you said about him, left the show in a good state where the next gen could take it over and not have any baggage.

He had the Doctor walk away as a mysterious, friendly old fashioned alien, with his young feisty female sidekick, who is like a daughter to him, with the Master still out there as an evil, vicious sociopath, and the Brig having tea in his garden.

New Who however? The Doctor has now become so disgusted with being a sexist, racist, white male, that he has turned into a woman, he has 4 ex wives, a mad stalker ex with a David Tennant blow up doll, and he and the Master are gay lovers, with the Master having been so horrified at turning into a woman he shot herself in the future. Oh and the Brig is a Cyber Zombie floating through space.

Who the fuck would want to take that over?

View user profile
Good point! Perhaps Chibbers did as it'd be hard for him to leave it in a worse state...

(Preparing to come back & edit this post after season 11 with "...but once again I was proved wrong!")

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum