You are not connected. Please login or register

Jodie Whittaker on MeToo

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jodie Whittaker on MeToo Empty Jodie Whittaker on MeToo 29th March 2018, 10:30 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Surprise, surprise she thinks its a wonderful thing.

Jodie Whittaker NME Interview

To be clear I am not saying that sleazy men don't abuse positions of power against women. They do, and cunts like Weinstein need to be exposed. Howevr MeToo is modern day McCarthyism.

It adopts a guilty until proven innocent view, it silences ALL critics, gets them fired, blacklisted, and it actually hurts the cause it is fighting for, as for every Harvey Weinstein or secret Communist spy that McCarthy and MeToo caught, they sent down about 100 innocent men and in doing so made people doubt the claims of of people being abused.

The thing that rankled me the most about this interview was this smug shit from NME

It caused a minor scandal amongst long-term Who fans. They boggled in disbelief, their fragile worlds torn asunder. “It’s Time LORD not Time Lady!’ they cried. How could they possibly watch a sci-fi series with a female lead? It was political correctness gone mad.

How fucking dare he generalise us that way. Again what's the betting that I watch more fantasy series with female leads than he does?

Also it makes me bitter to see NME try and act like feminists. These were the same cunts who attacked Amy Winehouse in sexist ways before her death, because when she was alive that was the trendy thing to do, rather than virtue signal, and these people are sheep.

I remember they voted Amy villain of the year at their award ceremonies for a couple of years in a row, whilst voting Pete Docherty hero of the year at the exact same ceremonies. How is that not sexist?

A woman who lives the Rock and Roll lifestyle in their eyes is worse than Osama Bin Laden and George W Bush (they were among the other candidates for villain of the year.) Whilst a guy who does that is their hero?

I might add they are supposed to be a music magazine. Now you might think that they just didn't like her music, but no they gave both of her albums great reviews. So it was purely a lifestyle thing. Also Amy's music was far more famous than Pete Doherty's, far more acclaimed, and far, far, far more influential with the likes of Adele, Lady Gaga, Paloma Faith, Caro Emerald, Florence and the Machine and the Noisettes all following in her wake. Amy kick started a bloody third British Invasion in the States.

Yet these people who need to lecture us about being able to get used to seeing strong women, were evidently so threatened by a woman living the rock and roll lifestyle that they said she was worse than Osama Bin Laden. You couldn't make this shit up.

2Jodie Whittaker on MeToo Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker on MeToo 29th March 2018, 12:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

"How could they possibly watch a sci-fi series with a female lead?"

Continuum? Dark Angel?

A sci-fi series with a female lead is NOT an issue. It never was. I'm a fat basement dwelling virgin sexist that watches nothing but Doctor Who in total darkness but at least I have extensive knowledge of productions that feature women in lead roles. Not just in science fiction but in all sorts of things like sitcoms, action, horror and fantasy. Does Whovian Feminist? Does Janet Fielding? What about the article writer? I'd like to know how many science fictions shows he actually watches that has a female lead.

3Jodie Whittaker on MeToo Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker on MeToo 29th March 2018, 10:26 pm

iank

iank

Their dumbassery and heads up their own arses only hardens the resolve against them, rather like Crazy Hillary's 'deplorables' comment sealed her own crushing defeat. Insulting people does not get them on your side, it just makes them more determined to stand against you and everything you stand for.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Jodie Whittaker on MeToo Empty Re: Jodie Whittaker on MeToo 29th March 2018, 10:39 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Fringe is another recent sci-fi series with a female lead, which I would recommend to any fan of Pertwee-era Who. Oh no, the increasingly-obsolete NME says we have to hate it!

I agree with Ian's point : whilst he, Burronjor + myself have different political slants we all (and many friends of mine too) agree that the damning of everyone even thinking of voting Republican by Hilary's gang was patronising and backfired. Not to mention the cringeworthy contribution of 'her' celebs, with Robert de Niro managing to sink below the low standards of his recent films.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum