You are not connected. Please login or register

World Cup 2018

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1World Cup 2018 Empty World Cup 2018 22nd March 2018, 9:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

When I predicted that England would go far at Euro 2016 I got the piss taken out of me by Seal and rightly so.

Two years on and I'm going to predict a quarter finals exit. I reckon we'll finish runners up to Belgium in the group, beat someone decent in the last 16 but be taught a footballing lesson by Germany or Spain in the last eight. I still believe things will work under Southgate but it will take some time.

Germany will retain the World Cup.

2World Cup 2018 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 23rd March 2018, 8:49 pm

Mott1

Mott1

At the moment we're halfway thru the friendly with Holland and it's nil nil. Just lacking that final ball!

If we can string more than two passes together in the finals we'll do better than we did against Iceland.

PS I prefer it when itv show the football. When the BBC do it they keep having adverts for a once-great, now-disgraced sci-fi show!

3World Cup 2018 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 23rd March 2018, 10:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Mott1 wrote:At the moment we're halfway thru the friendly with Holland and it's nil nil. Just lacking that final ball!

If we can string more than two passes together in the finals we'll do better than we did against Iceland.

PS I prefer it when itv show the football. When the BBC do it they keep having adverts for a once-great, now-disgraced sci-fi show!

Last three performances have been really promising. Defensively we're really solid but lacking a tad upfront. Kane will bang in the goals at the World Cup, don't worry about that.

They showed a trailer for series 8 during the final of the 2014 World Cup and Bill's introduction was shown during the FA Cup final semi final in 2016. Oh, and they used Wimbledon to shove their silly new Doctor introduction. ITV are far more professional and don't have Gary!

4World Cup 2018 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 23rd March 2018, 10:55 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Prediction.

England to reach quarters.

Put out by the Germans after epic battle.

Semis:

France Vs Brazil.

Argentina Vs Germany

Final:

Brazil Vs Argentina. Messi finally lifts the World Cup.

5World Cup 2018 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 16th June 2018, 8:22 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Been OK so far. Anxiously waiting for Monday...

6World Cup 2018 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 16th June 2018, 9:21 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Portugal v Spain : the game of the tournament so far (and just the 51 hat tricks for Ronaldo now).

7World Cup 2018 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 19th June 2018, 9:03 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

We nailed it. Best performance from any team at the World Cup so far. Our attitude was so much better than it was two years ago. Bring on Panama!

8World Cup 2018 Empty Re: World Cup 2018 19th June 2018, 9:55 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I hope that the VAR team takes note of the way Harry got wrestled to the ground in the penalty area at least twice, and that it won't be tolerated again. Thought there were some good performances from Kane & co - apart from Sterling.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum