The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Confused by lack of reasons why the Doctor should be female

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

@DeadManRising wrote:Yeah, I'm with iank on this one. Why obsessively follow someone on Twitter and type out massive essays deconstructing all the inane bullshit she spews out when everyone with a functioning brain knows just how full of shit she is? Life's too short to focus on dumb bullshit like this.

Well its more just for a laugh. Also IMO this type of attitude is what led to the downfall of the show in the first place. These people were able to take over the show because people thought "oh they're just idiots online, no one will pay attention to them."

WRONG. They took control of the entire fucking franchise and ran it into the ground. Its now a dead man walking because of them. IMO you should always call these morons out on their bullshit from the start.

Look at what Thunderf00t did with Anita Sarkeesian. She tried to do the same with video games, but because of Gamer Gate, Thunderf00t's vids, she was well and truly exposed as the bullshitter she is, and video games are free of all of this SJW bullshit.

Sadly however with DW and with comic books too we did nothing, or worse were apologists for these people and so they slowly took control of it, to the point where next year has a Victoria Wood knock off as the Doctor and stories allegedly with no monsters that are solely about how horrible white people were in India and Rosa Parks.

View user profile
"Why obsessively follow someone on Twitter and type out massive essays deconstructing all the inane bullshit she spews out"

Sorry, but burrunjor simply wouldn't be burrunjor if he didn't do that LOL

If it generates a discussion then I don't see what the problem is.


_________________
Too lazy to appear in the fourth part of a story.
View user profile
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:"Why obsessively follow someone on Twitter and type out massive essays deconstructing all the inane bullshit she spews out"

Sorry, but burrunjor simply wouldn't be burrunjor if he didn't do that LOL

If it generates a discussion then I don't see what the problem is.

Haha yeah again I am obsessive. Obviously I'm not harassing her, or attacking her in nasty ways. I hate it when people go after others looks, or just things they don't like about them like PJWs "feminists are so fat and ugly" crap.

However I think that not only is a lot of her and others like Paul Cornell's crap hilarious, but its also important to highlight that this more than anything is what has ruined DW. Whovian Feminism is not just some crazy online. She has talked to the producers, directors and writers of the show, and they have all promoted her heavily. She and others like her have had a big influence on the direction of the show. They are responsible for the turgid mess its in.


Its important for people to realise that Whovian Feminism and all the SJWs are the Mary Whitehouse of their day.

Mary Whitehouse was an intolerant, fanatic who wanted everything even shows, films comic books she didn't care for to cater to her, and she slandered the makers of the show as bad people, until they caved, fired people behind the scenes and later in McCoy's time made it lighter to its detriment. These SJWs are the same.

Like Mary Whitehouse they claimed it was influencing people in bad ways, (making them sexist) they slandered the makers until they did it their way, and most of these people like Mary Whitehouse didn't even care for the show, but still wanted it to go their way.

Like look at Joss Whedon. He disliked Doctor Who, said he thought it was cheesy garbage. See here.

Joss Whedon Disses Doctor Who

Yet he is now insulting those who don't want a female Doctor.

Joss Whedon on Doctor Who

Why does he care who plays the Doctor one way or another? He never watched the show. PS its funny that he would whittle the differences between men and women down to genitals. By that logic intersex women are guys, and hey trans women like Blaire White should still be called guys too.

The likes of Joss and Mary Whitehouse are such intolerant people they can't stand something that doesn't espouse their views even existing!

Sadly however I find that people, not saying anyone here in particular, but people in Who and Comic Book fandoms in general like that cuck Mr Tardis Reviews will be less willing to view Whovian Feminism and Joss Whedon with the same kind of contempt as Mary Whitehouse, simply because they are left wing and she was an old Tory bitch. Hell ironically a lot of these people like Paul Cornell who used to attack Mary Whitehouse have now become the new Mary Whitehouse!

At the end of the day an intolerant, fascists who wants to enforce their views on everything is someone you should oppose, regardless of whether they are left or right.

View user profile
@burrunjor wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:"Why obsessively follow someone on Twitter and type out massive essays deconstructing all the inane bullshit she spews out"

Sorry, but burrunjor simply wouldn't be burrunjor if he didn't do that LOL

If it generates a discussion then I don't see what the problem is.

Haha yeah again I am obsessive. Obviously I'm not harassing her, or attacking her in nasty ways. I hate it when people go after others looks, or just things they don't like about them like PJWs "feminists are so fat and ugly" crap.

However I think that not only is a lot of her and others like Paul Cornell's crap hilarious, but its also important to highlight that this more than anything is what has ruined DW. Whovian Feminism is not just some crazy online. She has talked to the producers, directors and writers of the show, and they have all promoted her heavily. She and others like her have had a big influence on the direction of the show. They are responsible for the turgid mess its in.


Its important for people to realise that Whovian Feminism and all the SJWs are the Mary Whitehouse of their day.

Mary Whitehouse was an intolerant, fanatic who wanted everything even shows, films comic books she didn't care for to cater to her, and she slandered the makers of the show as bad people, until they caved, fired people behind the scenes and later in McCoy's time made it lighter to its detriment. These SJWs are the same.

Like Mary Whitehouse they claimed it was influencing people in bad ways, (making them sexist) they slandered the makers until they did it their way, and most of these people like Mary Whitehouse didn't even care for the show, but still wanted it to go their way.

Like look at Joss Whedon. He disliked Doctor Who, said he thought it was cheesy garbage. See here.

Joss Whedon Disses Doctor Who

Yet he is now insulting those who don't want a female Doctor.

Joss Whedon on Doctor Who

Why does he care who plays the Doctor one way or another? He never watched the show. PS its funny that he would whittle the differences between men and women down to genitals. By that logic intersex women are guys, and hey trans women like Blaire White should still be called guys too.

The likes of Joss and Mary Whitehouse are such intolerant people they can't stand something that doesn't espouse their views even existing!

Sadly however I find that people, not saying anyone here in particular, but people in Who and Comic Book fandoms in general like that cuck Mr Tardis Reviews will be less willing to view Whovian Feminism and Joss Whedon with the same kind of contempt as Mary Whitehouse, simply because they are left wing and she was an old Tory bitch. Hell ironically a lot of these people like Paul Cornell who used to attack Mary Whitehouse have now become the new Mary Whitehouse!

At the end of the day an intolerant, fascists who wants to enforce their views on everything is someone you should oppose, regardless of whether they are left or right.


I don't mind Paul Joseph Watson most of the time but some of his videos aren't very well researched. I'm not sure the way they look has anything to do with their cause. Whovian Feminism herself could be considered pretty but that still doesn't excuse the fact she is a total fraud that is only in it to con weak minded men out of their hard earned money. To generalize an entire group of people is rather foolish. Someone should tell Janet Fielding that not everyone who despises the new Doctor are basement dwelling dinosaurs.

"Casting women in traditionally male roles – in roles written for men – is not real progress. It is jamming women into a male mould so that we can continue to tell old stories with old tropes while celebrating how modern and progressive we are. While old stories are great, perhaps we should feed the appetite for more women in active or heroic roles by actually writing some new ones. Rather than depicting the best, most heroic sort of woman as a male character in a female skin, we might make progress by seeing female characters not as a facsimile with all of the traditional characteristics of male leads, but as something different. Something distinctly female. This can and has been done."- Irish Times.

This is what I've been saying since July. It isn't progressive at all and the people that think it is are horribly mistaken. This only causes major confusion for little kids who will probably go back to watching repeats of Capaldi or Smith instead.


_________________
Too lazy to appear in the fourth part of a story.
View user profile
I don't mind Paul Joseph Watson most of the time but some of his videos aren't very well researched. I'm not sure the way they look has anything to do with their cause. Whovian Feminism herself could be considered pretty but that still doesn't excuse the fact she is a total fraud that is only in it to con weak minded men out of their hard earned money. To generalize an entire group of people is rather foolish. Someone should tell Janet Fielding that not everyone who despises the new Doctor are basement dwelling dinosaurs.

"Casting women in traditionally male roles – in roles written for men – is not real progress. It is jamming women into a male mould so that we can continue to tell old stories with old tropes while celebrating how modern and progressive we are. While old stories are great, perhaps we should feed the appetite for more women in active or heroic roles by actually writing some new ones. Rather than depicting the best, most heroic sort of woman as a male character in a female skin, we might make progress by seeing female characters not as a facsimile with all of the traditional characteristics of male leads, but as something different. Something distinctly female. This can and has been done."- Irish Times.

This is what I've been saying since July. It isn't progressive at all and the people that think it is are horribly mistaken. This only causes major confusion for little kids who will probably go back to watching repeats of Capaldi or Smith instead.

Yeah I'm a fan of PJW most of the time. his videos on Hillary and on Islam are great, and he does make me laugh a lot, but at the same time he does veer into tribal, right wing SJW territory, and he really has slipped up with things like his depression video and the whole Red Pill Black fiasco.

Also yes the whole I'm going to own a feminist by calling her a big fat ugly bitch stuff gets tiresome, not just from him but a lot of these right wing edge lords who just ironically give the feminists what they want, as then the feminists can say "look this guy is being horrible to me, he's just going for my looks, body shaming etc".

IMO Thunderf00t had the best approach of deconstructing the feminists arguments point by point, in a serious, if slightly humorous but not nasty way.

Chris Ray Gun, ShoeOnHead, Barbara 4U2C and Blaire White are still my four faves however out of that youtube crowd. Sargon has just completely gone round the bend. He was never a favourite of mine anyway, but dear god he has turned from a frustrated leftie to a total right wing, Tory shill.

He tries to equate everything he doesn't like to socialism. You know he actually said Britain First were socialists in his latest video. Britain First! At this rate I'm sure Sargon will soon be doing a video saying "Did you guys know that Gengis Khan was actually a socialist. He actually followed everything Marx said to the letter."

I also completely agree with that statement that its better to have original female characters. I will say though I don't mind feminised versions of male characters as long as there is a reason for it.

The people I can't stand the most are the self loathing fanboys like Mr Tardis who never watch anything other than shows and films starring white men, like Doctor Who, Star Trek etc yet lecture the rest of us as not being used to seeing women in leading roles.

I actually grew up with a fairly diverse set of films and tv shows I liked watching. Not only where there plenty of female heroes, but I also LOVED all of the Chinese horror movies like the Mr Vampire film series, The Heroic Trio film series, The Bride With White Hair film series, A Chinese Ghost Story film series, Zu Warriors of the Magic Mountain, The Dead and the Deadly etc.

Now obviously I'm not saying that that makes Mr Tardis a racist or anything for not liking these films. He might just prefer DW or have not heard of them, but still I feel that he thinks it makes him a racist for enjoying shows with white men, hence why he not only wants to see them feminised, but projects his own insecurities onto the rest of us of "you just can't stand something with a female hero".

Eh no, we've all been watching tv shows with female heroes for about 20/30 years. You haven't.

View user profile
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/doctor-who-menbabies-jodie-whittaker-first-female_uk_596b9412e4b017418628374d

We're broflakes and hating manbabies LOL Oh how I hope this whole thing ends up being a complete and total disaster. I'm sure they'll use us as a scapegoat.


_________________
Too lazy to appear in the fourth part of a story.
View user profile
Oh, don't worry. It WILL end up being a complete and total disaster.

It will almost certainly go down the same route as that shitty all female Ghostbusters reboot. It'll completely bomb after one or two seasons and then they'll blame it all on those evil misogynistic neckbeards who were just too stuck in the past to embrace a strong female lead.

You know... rather than just admit it was due to alienating more than half their audience and completely screwing up the whole dynamic of the show just for the sake of political correctness.

View user profile
Phrases used by cunts to try and hide the fact that they're hijacking things that belong to men because they're incapable of coming up with their own popular creations.
Says everything you need to know right there.

View user profile
What annoys myself about the whole Female Doctor / Female Ghostbusters issue is the inability to understand what made it work in the first place. Writers do a lot of research and painstaking over their craft, often years of it, and to blithely suggest that a character like James Bond would be 'improved' by being turned black or female or gay/bi, or that anyone born recently couldn't identify with him if he wasn't, is in my opinion ridiculous and insults the creators' original vision. Great work endures through different eras anyway - Fagan and Shylock are much criticised as Jewish caricatures, yet even the most PC-led people couldn't get them changed or removed.

We may live in a more seemingly-tolerant society now, which is good, but as has been pointed out before by other Hive veterans the destruction of the Doctor's original character robs the show of its strong male role model.


_________________
Nu Who: The Beast Must Die.
View user profile
UGH seeing Mr Tardis virtue signal about this on twitter. What the hell happened to him? I used to like his videos.

I see him as more of a self loathing fanboy though than a bigoted, cynical fraud like Whovian Feminism.

Remember the following traits identify a self loathing fanboy.

1/ He'll defend any change in the revival (unless its one feminists aren't happy with like Karen Gillan's skirt) because it makes DW something that the public likes and not just something that sad, pathetic, smelly, basement dwelling anoraks like. He'll often come out with the mantra "Doctor Who is all about change so all change is good".

Of course he'll never have an answer for why the TARDIS is still a blue box, why there are so many things about the Doctors character that haven't changed, why we still have the Daleks and the Cybermen, etc. He'll also ignore changes to the show that flopped too, and just strawman you as someone who would have been against Hartnell changing into Troughton.

Or he'll post that lame times Doctor Who was ruined forever article (even though nobody complained about 99 percent of the changes that article lists like say the UNIT setting and Jon Pertwee being cast.)

2/ Whenever there is a disagreement between a male fan and a female fan online, regardless of whoever is in the right, he'll come down on her side and be really nasty to the male fan. The reason for that is that is because ironically he is the sexist towards women. He thinks women are always poor victimised damsels and has to jump to their defence to protect them from male nerds who in his mind are all women hating cunts (except enlightened, woke allies like him who are deeply embarrassed by their gender.)

3/ He'll virtue signal about how he wants to see more female heroes, about how he is fed up with watching white men save the day, and demand that not only the Doctor change gender, but that all male heroes be replaced.

Of course ironically he'll never actually watch ANYTHING with a female lead. In fact he probably hasn't even heard of most of them. He also never watches things with black leads like Blade, Red Dwarf or things from other countries and cultures, like the dozens and dozens and dozens of amazing Chinese horror and fantasy and action films there are out there such as the Mr Vampire films, or the Toho Godzilla and Kaiju movies, or even the classic European horror films like the Gialo horror flicks, or The Devils Backbone.

Ironically his collection will be full of almost nothing but American and British white male led films and tv shows. Of course that's why he is so desperate to castrate as many male heroes as possible, as he actually feels guilty for that! He thinks the reason he prefers Doctor Who to Charmed isn't because he might just prefer the writing and concept, no it has to be because of internalised racism and misogyny, so he'll project that onto everybody else, claiming we all are unable to accept a female or minority hero.

Of course he'll never question the double standard that even if he did prefer something with a white male, because he is a white male, then how is that anymore bigoted than these stupid feminists saying that they need to see someone like them in a tv show to enjoy it?

4/ He'll virtue signal about how much he hates white washing in Hollywood, yet call anyone who says they don't like say Mary Jane being played by a dark skinned woman, not because they are racist, but because she has an iconic look that is kind of depends on her being white (same way a white, ginger Blade wouldn't look like the character.) A disgusting bigoted caveman who is a member of the KKK.

5/ He'll follow Anita Sarkeesian, Whovian Feminism and constantly complain about the horrible abuse they get as being proof of how sexist and intolerant the sci fi and fantasy genres are. Of course not only will he be overlooking people like Lucy Lawless, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gene Roddenberry, Frank Hampson, genuinely progressive people who made their name in this genre, but he will also ignore the fact that there are lunatics who send people abuse in EVERY group. Including ironically feminism.



Of course ironically again in a double standard, when its a guy like Thunderf00t getting this, they don't care, but when its a pretty young girl, they send her messages on twitter asking if she is okay and try to take on her trolls for her, and declare this is proof that ALL of society hates women.

Mr Tardis, Paul Cornell, Steven Moffat, Richard H Cooper, Jon Blum, Rob Shearman all not only follow this template, but are the fucking epitome of it. I actually hate them the most. They are the quislings who sold the show out, and they sell any franchise they get their grubby little mits on. If it wasn't for them, then the chancers like Anita Sarkeesian and Whovian Feminism wouldn't get anywhere.


View user profile
yeah its behind a paywall. But the amazing hypocrisy of this article by this writer is incredible.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/caitlin-moran-boys-need-geeky-role-models-fxxz86fvx

View user profile
Look at this video.




Its funny that Chris despite being a feminist who goes on about hating toxic masculinity clearly based on his insults, thinks that men not getting laid, men being single, and men living with their parents are the absolute worst things a man can be.

I also don't get why those are Chris' main insults, considering he doesn't exactly scream lady killer, alpha male either. I mean no offence to the man, but I wouldn't exactly cast him as a big Sean Connery style alpha male. I'd cast him as the little dweeby, hopeless, annoying, thoroughly unlikable comic relief that the audience is supposed to hate so they won't mind when the lead villain kills him in the most hideous way (like ball crushing, except that wouldn't work with him.)

View user profile
I honestly don't understand what these saddos think they're achieving. Do they really think they're going to shame critics into swallowing this retarded crapola?
Good luck with that. New Who has been shit for years, but it could have been repairable. It's completely jumped the shark now however, and Who as a franchise is irreparable other than to axe the show and then reboot from the end of classic and make it properly this time. Which won't happen.
It's done, and no amount of shaming language from losers is going to change that...

View user profile
@burrunjor wrote:Look at this video.




Its funny that Chris despite being a feminist who goes on about hating toxic masculinity clearly based on his insults, thinks that men not getting laid, men being single, and men living with their parents are the absolute worst things a man can be.

I also don't get why those are Chris' main insults, considering he doesn't exactly scream lady killer, alpha male either. I mean no offence to the man, but I wouldn't exactly cast him as a big Sean Connery style alpha male. I'd cast him as the little dweeby, hopeless, annoying, thoroughly unlikable comic relief that the audience is supposed to hate so they won't mind when the lead villain kills him in the most hideous way (like ball crushing, except that wouldn't work with him.)

I'm not offended by the virgin insult. Unlike these cretins, I actually have more important things on my mind than sex.

There's absloutely no way I'm ever going to change my mind about the decision and these people have actually turned away poteinal fans because of how insulting and uninformed they are. They wheel out the same tripe over and over again while actual criticism is ignored. He used two comments that really have nothing to do with the way the majority of us feel.
He isn't going to present an actual insightful comment about how the decision has ruined the legacy of the series by disregarding the etablished gender of a beloved character for the sake of satisfying people that don't even watch the show.


_________________
Too lazy to appear in the fourth part of a story.
View user profile
I actually have more important things on my mind than sex.


U WOT M8?

View user profile
That's not to say I don't think about sex from time to time. I just tend to focus more on other things like my education and personal development. Since I've abstained from masturbation and porn I've noticed a significant improvement in my well-being. I'm not longer stressed out and that constant feeling of fatigue I always had is gone. I also have a clearer, more focused mind set these days. I'm obviously very horny all of the time but instead of wanking I tend to do something far more productive.


_________________
Too lazy to appear in the fourth part of a story.
View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum