You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tripods

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Tripods  Empty The Tripods on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:01 pm

Commander Maxil

Commander Maxil
Dick Tater
Anyone remember this brilliant BBC series from the 1980s?

Even as a devoted JNT era fanatic I can't help but feel the Tripods was simply better television at the time. Out of this world music, cool special effects that I still think hold up today and a genuinely strange and chilling tone. Series 1 is better than series 2 but they're both great.

Just awesome:

Last edited by Commander Maxil on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:26 pm; edited 4 times in total

2The Tripods  Empty Re: The Tripods on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:30 pm

Tripods was great. Except for the crap SFX, acting, writing and everything else. I mean the gay subtext to series 2 couldn't really be called 'sub'text it was so in your face! It was the thing that the BBC threw money at instead of Doctor Who and was supposed to replace Doctor Who but didn't.

The actress died in a car accident and both the young lads gave up acting. So they were obviously onto a winner there. In all seriousness, it is very enjoyable. Especially the first series; the second series is bound to make you laugh. Pink Parrot indeed

View user profile

4The Tripods  Empty Re: The Tripods on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Commander Maxil

Commander Maxil
Dick Tater
The special effects hold up remarkably well. I was truly in awe of the City of Gold the very first time I saw it. Literally leaps and bounds ahead of anything in Blake's 7 or Classic Who. Series 2 was a lot of fun especially the boy's tumultuous journey to the Games. They never made it easy for themselves LOL

5The Tripods  Empty Re: The Tripods on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:05 pm

I read the book first on a desola
te train journey  
ٽيٽيٽيٽيש ש  שלيٽيٽي
ש  ש  שלٽيٽيٽيٽيٽשٽيשלולוيٽٽيٽيٽيש  ש  שלוש שלוש
A gorgeous meld by window
ფეხიນຕີນຕີນფფე
ხຕີນຕີ
ეხຕີນຕີນຕີນຕີນ

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]