You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst classic seasons?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Worst classic seasons? on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:35 pm

One of the worst Tenth Doctor moments imho was right at the beginning of his tenure, when he got the Prime Minister into a media storm by saying "Don't you think she looks tired?" Ooh, you bitch, Doctor!

I remember comparing this scene to the end of The Silurians, upon transmission. One of the moments I felt the show had lost what made it special.

View user profile

27 Re: Worst classic seasons? on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:08 pm

That's another scene that always bothered me. Why did the Doctor get so pissy at Harriet Jones for blowing up the Sycorax?

Yeah, I get it. They were leaving, but did the Doctor just forget that they very nearly murdered a massive chunk of the Earth's population? Who's to say they won't come back to Earth later with even larger numbers and try another invasion again? Hell, who's to say they won't find another planet somewhere else in the universe and try and invade them?

Harriet absolutely did the right thing. I would have stood right beside her cheering as they blew the Sycorax's ship to pieces.

View user profile

28 Re: Worst classic seasons? on Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:03 pm

I agree. Nothing wrong with what Harriet did and I found her to be the most likeable character from that boring special. Ten was so rude and dismissive of many people, looking back. He was an unlikeable twat but somehow ends up being considered the greatest while Six is always bottom of the polls.

-Frank Harris
View user profile

29 Re: Worst classic seasons? on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:20 pm

I agree. Tennant is easily my least favourite Doctor in the show's entire history. I found his Doctor to be a shallow, vain, hyperactive, immature, self-obsessed, hypocritical, crybaby manchild. Every time he yelled "ALLONS-Y"!!! with that big stupid grin on his face I just wanted to deck the bastard.

His fangirls are also incredibly obnoxious. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones who think the 10th Doctor and Rose were the pinnacle of Doctor Who and everything else is just second rate. Ugh.

View user profile

30 Re: Worst classic seasons? on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:06 pm

@DeadManRising wrote:I agree. Tennant is easily my least favourite Doctor in the show's entire history. I found his Doctor to be a shallow, vain, hyperactive, immature, self-obsessed, hypocritical, crybaby manchild. Every time he yelled "ALLONS-Y"!!! with that big stupid grin on his face I just wanted to deck the bastard.

His fangirls are also incredibly obnoxious. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones who think the 10th Doctor and Rose were the pinnacle of Doctor Who and everything else is just second rate. Ugh.

Have seen this on the internet a few times:

Smart and nerdy? Who are they kidding?

I've not had a stimulating conversation or encounter with a 10th Doctor fangirl on or offline. Their actual knowledge about the series is incredibly sparse. The Rose/Ten shippers are the absolute worse people next to the fans that claim they're "true, diehard fans" but have no clue who Romana is LOL

View user profile

31 Re: Worst classic seasons? on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:25 pm

That whole forced romance aspect between the Doctor and Rose was utterly absurd and completely implausible. You expect me to believe that this 900 year old alien with an IQ of gazillion who has saved billions of lives across the universe has fallen in love with this whiny, 19 year old chav living in a council estate in London? This whole romance bullshit between the Doctor and Rose was like something straight out of a 8 year old girl's fanfic.

I'm not necessarily against the idea of the Doctor falling in love. I just think if he does, it should be with an incredibly exceptional and remarkable woman. Not a whiny, self obsessed, 19 year old chav living in a council estate in London.

Just my two cents.

View user profile

32 Re: Worst classic seasons? on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:36 pm

They do have an unerring tendency to be as dumb as a bag of rocks.

View user profile

33 Re: Worst classic seasons? on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:44 pm

Rose is too common. Nothing is particularly charming about her and the way she treated Mickey was scummy. I can't remember the line in Farting of the Ways but I remember her saying that there wasn't anything on Earth for her to Mickey. I would have just pissed off and left her to deal with her own problems. Why such a character is popular as a role model is a mystery. Lynda was better. MUCH better. Fuck RTD for killing her off.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum