The Hive » Doctor Who » NuWho » Boo

Boo

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:20 am

Just fucking boo. No

View user profile

2 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 am

You can shut up.

We had to do this for the following reasons.

1/ Sydney Newman wanted it to happen and he was the sole creator of Doctor Who, and the show always followed his vision perfectly. (Except you know for the first 50 years where it went against everything he wanted for the show, like Daleks, monsters, stories set on alien planets, revealing the Doctors people, casting Patrick Troughton, not bringing back old actors to play new Doctors.)

2/ Its canon, because we bullied Steven Moffat into rewriting it into being canon 5 or so years ago.

3/ Doctor Who is all about change, so every single change in the show is automatically brilliant. Yes that's demonstrably not true by the vast number of traditions the show still has, Daleks, Cybermen, TARDIS, UNIT, etc, and the changes to the show that flopped, like the half human bit, Colin's coat, the new Dalek paradigm. But William Hartnell changed into Patrick Troughton 50 years ago, and in the first 4 eras of the show they revealed a couple of things about the Doctor like his planet and who his people were that had never been revealed before, and they made a few continuity mistakes so duh that proves there are no constants in the show (PS this seems to be at odds with my its canon so it had to happen argument, but I'll act as though Who has such an inflexible canon that one throwaway line about the Corsair by Matt Smith means a dickless Doctor had to happen, and then act like it has no canon when it suits me.)

4/ This had to happen because a bunch of spoiled brats like Whovian Feminism needed a role model. Even though there's already a great female character waiting to be used and given her own spin off in Romana, and even though there are dozens of female heroes out there that people like Whovian Feminism, Claudia Boleyn despite desperately needing to be represented NEVER watch, review, mention and in most cases probably haven't even fucking heard of, like Xena, Buffy, Honor Harrington, Charmed ones, Emma Swan, Nikita, Lian Chiang etc.

Apparently the Doctor was the only hero out there that could be someone little girls look up to. It totally wasn't about spitefully taking a role away from little boys. Nope not at all.

5/ Even though the overwhelming majority of the people who did want this to happen NEVER watch, review or comment on female led series, its clearly YOU who can't stand something with a female lead and clearly are transphobic (despite the fact that a female Doctor is neither a female character or a trans character, as she is a man forcibly turned into a woman against his will, which is part of why its so stupid, I despite never watching anything with a woman will virtue signal about how its time we had strong female leads, which ironically makes me look as though I am in the 50s because I still think a female lead in a post Xena, Charmed, Alien and Buffy world is a big deal.)

Meanwhile back in the real world its good to have you back Lunch Toilet Dweller, though sadly it seems New Who has gone so far you are now on our side Big Grin

View user profile

3 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 am

You know it's bad when even ToiletMan has seen the light. Big Grin

View user profile

4 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 am

@burrunjor wrote:You can shut up.

LOL

2/ Its canon, because we bullied Steven Moffat into rewriting it into being canon 5 or so years ago.

Bullied? C'mon, man, I mean fucking c',mon. He wasn't bullied, he had a great big grin on his face as he did. You know he was touching himself when he wrote that shit.

View user profile

5 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:

LOL

Bullied? C'mon, man, I mean fucking c',mon. He wasn't bullied, he had a great big grin on his face as he did. You know he was touching himself when he wrote that shit.

No he was bullied. From about 2010 on the SJWs and feminists started slating Moffat as a sexist, a racist, a homophobe and a all kinds of nasty things and so he eventually started to pander to them from 2014 on with Pissy Missy and all the anti men jokes, and setting things up for a female Doctor.

People act like its a conspiracy theory, but here is the proof.

The smear campaign against him

Trigger Warning Sexual Assault in Doctor Who

Problematic Posters For Doctor Who Series 8

Doctor Who Is Racist Book Claims

University Study On Sexism In Doctor Who

Doctor Who Returns New Direction

Why Does The Man Behind Sherlock and Doctor Who Still Have A Job

Asylum of the Daleks Is Problematic

Proof that it bugged Moffat.

Steven Moffat Slams Sexist Claims

Steven Moffat Tweets Against Accusations Of Sexism

Stop Assuming I'm A Sexist Demon

Steven Moffat Doesn't Understand Why Show Is Called Sexist

Steven Moffat on Doctor Who Missy and Ratings

Here are also other cast members and the BBC responding to those claims showing that they were bothered by them too.

Karen Gillan Doesn't Understand Why Steven Moffat Is Called Sexist

BBC Responds To Doctor Who Sexism Claim

Peter Capaldi Dismisses Doctor Who Is Sexist Claim

So yeah you can see how Moff's reputation was ruined by these people and as a result he pandered to them.

The SJWs are liars and bullies who stop at nothing to get what they want and that makes them dangerous to anything they latch onto.

I am not saying this lets Moffat off the hook BTW. He should have had a back bone and not been such a self loathing fanboy, but sadly he was and he sold us out.

I

View user profile

6 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:20 pm

You can fuck off.
The fact that you wrote such a detailed response in defense tells me even you know this is contrived bullshit. I have no issue with women leads, stories centered around women and I cringe when I hear the term "Mary Sue."
This is a pure stunt, and it looks like I'll be waiting out her tenure before I resume watching the show.
Hopefully it's even shorter than Colon Baker.

View user profile

7 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Burrunjor, so you are trying to tell me that Steven Moffat derived no sexual pleasure from writing gender-swapping into the DW canon, not even a little tug?

View user profile

8 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:29 pm

BobDominelliSudbury wrote:

You can fuck off.
The fact that you wrote such a detailed response in defense tells me even you know this is contrived bullshit. I have no issue with women leads, stories centered around women and I cringe when I hear the term "Mary Sue."
This is a pure stunt, and it looks like I'll be waiting out her tenure before I resume watching the show.

LOL relax I'm 100 percent on your side. Trust me I HATE a female Doctor and was ripping the piss out of the white knights, self loathing fanboys and feminists like Mr Tardis Reviews, Paul Cornell, Whovian Feminism etc, who write stuff like my parody response to you and actually mean it.

View user profile

9 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:32 pm

BobDominelliSudbury wrote:

You can fuck off.

Funny story! Two series are being filmed back to back.

We should put a subtitle on this site "The Hive- Making You Feel Better About Or Wishing The Nuclear Apocalypse Happend Yesterday!".
We'd see a massive increase of people signing up. I would!

View user profile

10 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:38 pm

@Defeatment wrote:Funny story! Two series are being filmed back to back.

I'll be surprised if Doctor Nipples doesn't go on hiatus before the second season airs.

View user profile

11 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Who cares if having a female Doctor directly contradicts over 50 years of lore and world building?

Who cares if having a female Doctor feels incredibly jarring and out of place after seeing the Doctor regenerate into a male over 12 times in a row?

A female Doctor is a great idea because... uh... Doctor Who has always been about change...

View user profile

12 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:08 pm

@DeadManRising wrote:Who cares if having a female Doctor directly contradicts over 50 years of lore and world building?

Who cares if having a female Doctor feels incredibly jarring and out of place after seeing the Doctor regenerate into a male over 12 times in a row?

A female Doctor is a great idea because... uh... Doctor Who has always been about change...

But was Steven Moffat hard when he created Missy? Or was he brow-beaten and cuckolded by feminists? That's the burning issue!

View user profile

13 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:25 pm

I read somewhere he was told to do it by the feminazi BBC Controller, to "pave the way".
As was incredibly obvious at the time.

View user profile

14 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 pm

@iank wrote:I read somewhere he was told to do it by the feminazi BBC Controller, to "pave the way".
As was incredibly obvious at the time.

Indeed. It was baffling that every single fan didn't absolutely despise Missy

TBF most did hate her, but still all these self loathing fanboys who weren't even feminists, but who were scared of them to the point where they said "Missy is perfectly in keeping with the previous Masters." "She channelled Delgado." Or even "She was better than Simm" They sold out the show almost as much as Moffat himself.

Missy was a disgrace.

Like the Master or not he is one of the biggest icons of the show and everything about his character was objectively thrown in the bin, all for the sake of pandering to an aggressive side of fandom, simply because they smeared one of the producers as a racist, sexist etc.

That should anger every single person who likes the show.

View user profile

15 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:
@DeadManRising wrote:Who cares if having a female Doctor directly contradicts over 50 years of lore and world building?

But was Steven Moffat hard when he created Missy? Or was he brow-beaten and cuckolded by feminists? That's the burning issue!

He WAS cuckolded when he shat out Missy. The proof is there. Moffat has always been a self loathing fanboy, I want the cool kids to like DW and not laugh at me, twat. Sadly he thought that the SJWs were the cool kids (probably because like a lot of celebs he is sealed off in his stupid, "liberal" bubble away from the rest of the world.)

The thing is that he has just destroyed his own legacy, as now rather than be remembered for the Weeping Angels, he will be remembered for ruining the Master for good.

View user profile

16 Re: Boo on Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:10 pm

God damn you sexist pig! Don't you understand the real issue here?

A couple of whiny, privileged, class snobs like Whovian Feminism need to see something with a female hero, and since they can't be arsed, or just don't want to actually you know watch, Xena, Buffy, Charmed, Once Upon A Time, Resident Evil, Underworld, Ghost Whisperer, Alien film series, The Bionic Woman, Charlies Angels, Day of the Dead, Scream film series etc, we have to make Doctor Who into a woman.

Every single thing in the show has to go the feminists way, from the type of companions there are, to who gets billed first, to who plays the Master and the Doctor, to which sections of the audience are demonised on screen, to who is hired behind the scenes to show cis white, heteronormative scumbags like you that things can't always go your way. Big Grin

View user profile

17 Re: Boo on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Are we not fuelling it by getting annoyed at it (but in some cases still preparing to watch it)?

Dr Who isn't the 1st show to struggle when replacing a character with the opposite gender. Look at Sliders when Jonathan Rhys Davies was dumped for Kari Wuhrer, or Red Dwarf when Chris Barrie was (temporarily) replaced by Chloe Annett. Dynamics, acting ability and dynamics all become a factor.

View user profile

18 Re: Boo on Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 pm

@Mott1 wrote:Are we not fuelling it by getting annoyed at it (but in some cases still preparing to watch it)?

Dr Who isn't the 1st show to struggle when replacing a character with the opposite gender. Look at Sliders when Jonathan Rhys Davies was dumped for Kari Wuhrer, or Red Dwarf when Chris Barrie was (temporarily) replaced by Chloe Annett. Dynamics, acting ability and dynamics all become a factor.

Well I am not going to watch a second of Jodie's era. I'm done with the show now, though I'll still watch the classics of course. I hope Jodie's era dies quickly. "MAKE SURE IT DIES QUICKLY!"

I don't think you can compare DW to those other two examples. Red Dwarf is a parody, so you'll accept things that don't make sense within the narrative easily, like Lister having his appendix out twice, Rimmer rewriting time so that he died in the future, but that never being mentioned again.

Sliders meanwhile though I confess I haven't seen the show, I assume that it is just a case of bringing in a new female lead?

Doctor Who is quite unique.

Its not just a case of having a new lead character that is a woman, like say Star Trek Voyager.

Its not a case of changing someones gender in a remake. To be fair this doesn't always work as some characters only work as one gender. Try and remake Bottom with two women. See how people react to that. Similarly try remaking Ab Fab with all guys. They're not going to be the same characters. Still sometimes that can work, particularly if its a minor character.

Its not like this is a character that was always written as genderless either, or there is a good story reason behind again like Brainiac in Smallville.

This has been crowbarred in after 50 years of a male character, it jars and feels out of place, and worse we ALL know that it only happened because of pandering to a group of crybullies like Whovian Feminism (and again the proof is in the previous post.)

Really its not hard to see why people are pissed.

View user profile

19 Re: Boo on Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:41 pm

@Mott1 wrote:Are we not fuelling it by getting annoyed at it (but in some cases still preparing to watch it)?

Personally, I'm just going to pirate all of Series 11. That way I can still watch it to indulge my morbid curiosity without contributing to the godawful BBC's viewing figures.

View user profile

20 Re: Boo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:30 pm

The Scottish writer said he considered changing Matt Smith with a woman after believing that casting a woman after David Tennant’s spell may have been too early.

"We could have replaced Matt Smith with a woman, given that his Doctor was more sexless and less of a lad, but then I got obsessed with seeing Peter in the Tardis,” he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/04/steven-moffat-defends-casting-male-doctor-says-isnt-show-exclusively/

Yeah, this isn't a man bullied by feminists or he would have had a woman instead of Peter.

View user profile

21 Re: Boo on Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:19 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:
The Scottish writer said he considered changing Matt Smith with a woman after believing that casting a woman after David Tennant’s spell may have been too early.  

"We could have replaced Matt Smith with a woman, given that his Doctor was more sexless and less of a lad, but then I got obsessed with seeing Peter in the Tardis,” he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/04/steven-moffat-defends-casting-male-doctor-says-isnt-show-exclusively/

Yeah, this isn't a man bullied by feminists or he would have had a woman instead of Peter.

You really, honestly think that Moffat was pandering to people who didn't want a female Doctor at all throughout the series?

He's saying that now to throw the heat off of him because he knows that everyone has guessed that he was a spineless cuck, and that he wrote virtually the entire 12th Doctors era the way a bunch of spoiled little brats like Whovian Feminism wanted and not the way he or Peter Cap-aldi wanted.

Tell me at what point was he pandering to us?

He said that he cast Peter because he wanted Peter (also at that point the smear campaign against him wasn't as bad. It really got out of control in late 2013 in the build up to the 50th, hence Missy the next year.)

He himself says that casting Peter wasn't pandering to us, and so presumably casting Matt wasn't either, (or else he is being insulting to Matt.)

So tell me what else is there at all in his era that was pandering to us?

Did he cast Charles Dance or Simon Templeman as an old school, suave, manipulative Master who hated the Doctor?

Nope he crowbarred in Michelle Gomez, and rewrote the Master and the Doctor to be lovers, and had the Master go on about how happy she was to be a woman.

Did he make the Doctor the central character and set stories on alien planets, earth's past, and put a greater emphasis on sci fi?

Nope he made Clara the central character in the show, set a good chunk of series 8 in Clara's school, had her slap the Doctor back into place, end the show becoming a better Doctor than him, and take his place in the opening credits.

Also who were all the anti men, anti white people remarks filtered throughout Class and New Who for?

MASTER: Do as she says. Is the future going to be all girl?
DOCTOR: We can only hope

BILL: Regency England. Bit more black than they show in the movies.
DOCTOR: So was Jesus. History’s a whitewash.

TANYA: White people.
APRIL: White people what?
TANYA: Always so optimistic. Always so certain things are going to work out for you. Oh, well, because they usually do.
APRIL: My dad tried to kill me when I was eight.
TANYA: But you got your mum up walking again. Typical white-person happy ending.

CLARA: Hush. Go, now. Go and find Vikings on other planets. The universe is full of testosterone. Trust me, it’s unbearable. We won’t follow you, see? We don’t need to fight.

River Song: What’s that face. Are you thinking? Stop it! You’re a man it looks weird.

APRIL: I like Downton Abbey.

TANYA: Of course you like it. It’s a bunch of white people being nice to each other

Then of course there is the cringey, punch a racist, Capitalism is evil!!!!!, the first Doctor being rewritten into a horrible sexist all to pander to these people.

PS I am not saying that he should have pandered to anyone, but the idea that he was pandering to the old school fans (who he hilariously lumps together as Brexit supporters) is ridiculous.

PS he also said he was misquouted and that he introduced Missy to pander to us, as he felt that in order for a female Doctor to work he couldn't just go into it right away, he would have to set a precedent, hence Peter's era essentially just being a big set up for the next Doctors era, rather than Peter's era.

It shows how divorced from reality he is though that he thinks Missy proved that a female Doctor could work. Anyone who actually liked the Master or the show viewed Missy as an abomination that should have been scrubbed from canon harder than Dimensions in Time.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Hive » Doctor Who » NuWho » Boo

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum