The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sargon of Akkad opinions

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sargon of Akkad opinions on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 pm

I was just wondering since he seemed to get brought up here a lot a while back what do most people here think of him (that is assuming you have heard of him or care enough to have an opinion LOL)

Well despite the myth about me supposedly being a big fanboy of Sargon, I've never rated him as one of my favourite Youtubers or social commentators.

I don't hate him, or think he is a fascist, or a racist or anything stupid like that. He has his strengths and weaknesses like everyone else.

Good points.

1/ He has used his fame to bring a lot of attention to other members of the alternative media, like ShoeOnHead, Chris Ray Gun, Sye Ten etc.

He was also the first person I ever saw who gave attention to Imam Tawhidi. You should follow him on twitter here. Imamofpeace

Imam Tawhidi IMO is the most effective Muslim reformer. I don't mind Maajid Nawaz. He has done some good work, but the problem with Maajid is that he doesn't really have a plan for reforming Islam. He just kind of states the problems of Islam and that's that.

Imam Tawhidi however has actually has laid out ways he wants to reform Islam by drawing on other Islamic sources and having them replace the current main ones that are fucking evil! So its really good that Sargon brought him more attention.

2/ He is a lot more open minded and fair than people give him credit for. He has interviewed people who disagree with him, and have even slandered him as a Nazi like Kevin Logan, and of course Laci Green too. He also has offered to debate people like Anita Sarkeesian and Steve Shives who have of course turned him down.

3/ When he's good he's really good. His best video is the one he did on Trump's strike on Syria. To me that was John Pilger level.



Negative Points

1/ His big hate boner for Socialism. Now I am not going to deny that there are problems with Socialism, but Sargon IMO takes it too far.

He goes on about how every dictator was a socialist, and claims that capitalism is not causing any deaths around the world.

I do always laugh when Sargon, and PJW and all of the others go on about how communism killed over 90 million, and how the excuse of "communism just wasn't implemented right" is bullshit when they come out with exactly the same arguments in defence of capitalism.

They always overlook the fact that Capitalism has killed more people than communism. All the deaths in the first world war? The Vietnam war, Suharto, Pinochet, the Iraq War, the Libyan crisis, over a million dead in Ireland in the 1840s of starvation, the genocide of the Native Americans etc.

Of course when you do things like bring up Soros, the Iraq War, people like PJW and Sargon just say that "this isn't true Capitalism. This is just croney Capitalism." How is that any different to the "they just weren't doing Communism right" argument?

Now again I am not saying this means Communism's or Socialism's hands are blameless. The point is however what I am always saying that no system is perfect and its best to take the best parts from each system.

Like the national health service and the welfare state for instance. They are two of the biggest success stories in the history of UK politics, and those are socialist concepts, yet Sargon will NEVER acknowledge that they work.

To me like a lot of people he's too tribal and the tribe he has chosen is Capitalism, which is why his argument of "they just weren't doing it right" is no different to any SJWs about Communism. Neither want to acknowledge that there are any positives in the opposition, or big faults in their own.

I also think he was guilty of a bit of a soft bigotry of low expectations when he was going on about how "if you are a communist, then you are automatically a bad person because communism is an evil ideology". Okay then Sargon why not have the same attitude towards Muslims?

I'm not saying he should, but the fact that he would say that about one dangerous ideology ironically makes me think that its just because Muslims are mostly brown skinned, so he's worried he would look like a racist.

2/ When he's shit he's REALLY shit. I can't stand it when he just laughs for ages over people he thinks are stupid. Its not an argument and its so smug its unbearable. Also he doesn't always do his research either. I remember Tree of Logic did a video on police brutality where she absolutely took him apart.

3/ He and the rest of the "skeptic community" have become a bit too cliquey for my liking. The thing I like about the alternative media, was that it had such a wide range of people. Everyone from lefties like John Pilger, and Brendan O'Neill, to right wingers like PJW to Christians like David Wood, to Muslims like Maajid Nawaz. However to me Sargon and a lot of the other more popular youtubers are kind of turning it into a club where everyone has to think the same on this and that much like the SJWs.

View user profile

2 Re: Sargon of Akkad opinions on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 am

"I don't think Hitler was a sadistic man. He was kind to dogs." ~41:38.

FFS, anyway...
I think that's from youtu.be/0LZh6VzLhxU

This guy was commenting on it https://twitter.com/danieleharper/status/962883410845892608

View user profile

3 Re: Sargon of Akkad opinions on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:05 am

Mr. Happy wrote:"I don't think Hitler was a sadistic man. He was kind to dogs." ~41:38.

FFS, anyway...
I think that's from youtu.be/0LZh6VzLhxU

This guy was commenting on it https://twitter.com/danieleharper/status/962883410845892608


I think that was a joke. I do wish people wouldn't try and make out that Sargon was a Nazi. You do nothing but make it look like there isn't anything to actually attack him for that way, so you have to reach and take quotes he said out of context or smear him as a Nazi.

Its like what Johnny Rotten says about Trump in this video here. I'm not saying everything Johnny says here is right. He's a bit too tribal about the working class (though in contrast to the likes of Lily Allen, Bob Geldof and Gary Lineaker, its nice to see a celeb that doesn't think they are all idiots.) Still he makes a good point that the left are just looking like idiots when they smear the Donald as racist, rather than going for things you can ACTUALLY attack him for.



Here's the thing people need to learn about Sargon.

He is NOT a Nazi.

He is NOT a racist.

He is NOT a sexist.

He is NOT in danger of bringing back white nationalism or eugenics or anything like that.

However Sargon I feel is becoming a danger in the following ways.

He is a tribal git who is an apologist for all of the worst aspects of capitalism, including the fucking dictatorship of Pinochet, one of the most brutal and evil dictators of all time.

He has attacked genuine left wing politics by associating all of it with this SJW crap.

He is an apologist for McCarthy along side many other members of the so called skeptic community like that total arsehole Stefan Molyneaux.

McCarthy was ironically the SJWs/MeTooMovement/Third Wave Feminism of his day.

Like them he shut down free speech, like them he was such a foaming at the mouth fanatic he accused people of being the most extreme things over the most minor disagreements.

If you had any liberal views, or even just knew people who did, McCarthy and his followers would call you a Stalinist, whilst nowadays as we know if you say something like "I don't want a female Doctor Who" then you are tarred as a misogynist, a sexist, a woman hater etc.

McCarthy as we all know got people fired from their jobs, and made sure they weren't able to work again which completely destroyed people's lives and careers, whilst feminists are doing exactly the same thing to their critics.

However incredibly enough all of these people like Sargon who attack feminists for not being pro free speech WANT McCarthyism back, simply because they hate communists.

I can easily see it in 20 years time, once the backlash against SJWs begins, the next generation of young people being drawn to Sargon's tribal bullshit, in much the same way as SJWs of today are drawn to feminism.

Then we'll have it not being okay to say you support any left wing ideas like the NHS etc in public without being tarred as a communist all over again, people still being fired from their jobs, except it will be for different political opinion.

We don't want to just trade left wing identity politics for right wing identity politics. We've had enough of their shit in the McCarthy era.

Sadly however the left are playing into Sargon's hands by attacking him as a Nazi as that's just more of the same SJW crap.

Attack Sargon for his rank hypocrisy in saying he's for free speech and then being an apologist for McCarthy. Attack him for going after leftists like Jeremy Corbyn for defending Castro, a dictator, and then being an apologist himself for Pinnochet, another even more brutal dictator because Pinnochet was part of his little tribe.

Point out how for these reasons he is absolutely no better than the SJWs he fights against, and is no alternative to them. That's the way to make him look like the tribal git he has sadly become. If not then its right wing SJWs again, and then the backlash to that will lead to left wing SJWs again and on and on it goes.

Identity politics needs to die once and for all.

View user profile

4 Re: Sargon of Akkad opinions on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:12 am

I'm sick of people. Razz

View user profile

5 Re: Sargon of Akkad opinions on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am

@burrunjor wrote:
Mr. Happy wrote:"I don't think Hitler was a sadistic man. He was kind to dogs." ~41:38.

FFS, anyway...
I think that's from youtu.be/0LZh6VzLhxU

This guy was commenting on it https://twitter.com/danieleharper/status/962883410845892608


I think that was a joke. I do wish people wouldn't try and make out that Sargon was a Nazi. You do nothing but make it look like there isn't anything to actually attack him for that way, so you have to reach and take quotes he said out of context or smear him as a Nazi.


I never said he was a Nazi. I think he is an idiot, if you want my opinion, and I think the joke was unfunny and stupid. But I never said he was a Nazi so you are applying your own context there.

View user profile

6 Re: Sargon of Akkad opinions on Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 am

Mr. Happy wrote:
@burrunjor wrote:
Mr. Happy wrote:"I don't think Hitler was a sadistic man. He was kind to dogs." ~41:38.

FFS, anyway...
I think that's from youtu.be/0LZh6VzLhxU

This guy was commenting on it https://twitter.com/danieleharper/status/962883410845892608


I think that was a joke. I do wish people wouldn't try and make out that Sargon was a Nazi. You do nothing but make it look like there isn't anything to actually attack him for that way, so you have to reach and take quotes he said out of context or smear him as a Nazi.


I never said he was a Nazi. I think he is an idiot, if you want my opinion, and I think the joke was unfunny and stupid. But I never said he was a Nazi so you are applying your own context there.

Well the guy you posted the link to thinks Sargon is trying to, or at least making it easier for others to start an ethnostate so it was a fair assumption.

I don't like humour that's just designed to be shocking without any kind of point (which is a big reason I was never a fan of Frankie Boyle, though I now absolutely despise him.)

Still again the SJWs by being so easily offended are making it easier for this type of lazy humour to be daring and counter culture again.

View user profile

7 Re: Sargon of Akkad opinions on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:15 am

Carl isn't the remotest bit important to the cultural debate or culture wars. Most of his work is speculative or poorly-cited pseudo-intellectual trash with a bit of polemic chucked in in order to seem edgy.

He's the chin-stroking man's favourite shit poster.

View user profile

8 Re: Sargon of Akkad opinions on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 am

@Boofer wrote:Carl isn't the remotest bit important to the cultural debate or culture wars. Most of his work is speculative or poorly-cited pseudo-intellectual trash with a bit of polemic chucked in in order to seem edgy.

He's the chin-stroking man's favourite shit poster.

Sadly that's not true. He has a massive following. Most youtubers don't make enough to even quit their day jobs. Sargon not only has, but is actually wealthy too.

If he was a journalist with that following then he would be seen as a fairy influential figure. Again I'm not saying he's going to change the world or anything, but he does have a wide reach.

Again I think he has become a poisonous influence due to becoming a Tory shill, but I want people like him debunked properly, rather than just smeared as Nazis and sexists which plays right into their hands.

View user profile

9 Re: Sargon of Akkad opinions on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:12 pm

@burrunjor wrote:
@Boofer wrote:Carl isn't the remotest bit important to the cultural debate or culture wars. Most of his work is speculative or poorly-cited pseudo-intellectual trash with a bit of polemic chucked in in order to seem edgy.

He's the chin-stroking man's favourite shit poster.

Sadly that's not true.

Go into your local Tesco, go on the Tannoy, and ask every normie to shout yay or nay if they know who Sargon is. Answer: probably none; maybe one or two disaffected, alienated young men with little to no political agency or clout.

Sargon isn't particularly well known outside of the hermetically-sealed dome of the internet scepticism/politics community. The overwhelming majority of people don't know who he is and what he stands for, therefore his impact on the wider debate is zero.

You can have a million subscribers worldwide and not even lightly brush against the culture you're trying to influence.

Conversely, someone like Jordan Peterson has. Mainly because he has true academic credentials, is a published author, and has been invited to speak within his native political system and in the wider mass-media. Yes, he's also part of that Youtube community now, but his success was down to his real world ability to oppose authoritarianism within an academic institution.

The likes of Sargon have never had such influence because they are pseuds playing at political philosophy from their bedroom studios. This is why they play so hard on polemics - they're looking to create digital controversies which propel them into the public eye. However, internet drama doesn't make particularly good news. You have to put yourself out there; earn your crust as a journalist. academic or a writer before you can penetrate the mainstream.

Good for him for making a bit of money though.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum