DWM writer goes out in true Hive style!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:53 am

View user profile

2 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 am

LOL LOL

View user profile

3 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:44 pm

Kind of informs us with one sharp stab that there's more divisive commotion behind the scenes right now than they're willing to divulge

It also looks like the "Time Team" feature is going on hiatus, Paul Lang (who wraps up his stint with the feature in this month's issue) says that following completion of "The Rebel Flesh/Almost People" two-parter, it's going on a long rest

https://twitter.com/rudemrlang/status/920344513868124160

View user profile

4 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:36 pm

@Zarius wrote:Kind of informs us with one sharp stab that there's more divisive commotion behind the scenes right now than they're willing to divulge

Lies!!! Doctor Who-oo-ooo is the happiest fluffiest show of sunshine and rainbows from page to screen to glorious magazine. All who work on it or for it are content and happy people making the show for content and happy people!
Those who disagree are enemies of the state and will be executed to preserve the holy motherland of the BBC and we must become the sparks setting fire to the hearts of the masses and detonators giving full play to their mental power!

View user profile

5 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:28 pm

@Defeatment wrote:
@Zarius wrote:Kind of informs us with one sharp stab that there's more divisive commotion behind the scenes right now than they're willing to divulge

Lies!!! Doctor Who-oo-ooo is the happiest fluffiest show of sunshine and rainbows from page to screen to glorious magazine. All who work on it or for it are content and happy people making the show for content and happy people!
Those who disagree are enemies of the state and will be executed to preserve the holy motherland of the BBC and we must become the sparks setting fire to the hearts of the masses and detonators giving full play to their mental power!

LOL

View user profile

6 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:59 am

Seems The Watcher was Nicholas Pegg, also a Dalek operator, who has now been sacked. Well, let's face it, he quit... and quite spectacularly too. Bravo, sir! I think the man has earned a round of applause and a place in Who history for that stunt. At the very least I say we declare him an honourary Hiver!Big Grin LOL

View user profile

7 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:17 pm

@iank wrote:Seems The Watcher was Nicholas Pegg, also a Dalek operator, who has now been sacked. Well, let's face it, he quit... and quite spectacularly too. Bravo, sir! I think the man has earned a round of applause and a place in Who history for that stunt. At the very least I say we declare him an honourary Hiver!Big Grin LOL

Indeed glad to see someone working on the show still cares about it!

View user profile

8 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:35 pm

I remember when it was Doctor Who Weekly!
Not bought it for ages. Did buy the odd one for poll results but that's it.

View user profile

9 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:38 pm

Might be worth getting tomorrow's Private Eye to see the rest of this story!

EDIT: Or scroll down. Didn't know it worked like that.

https://m.imgur.com/a/DmAde (not my imgur account)

View user profile

10 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Aaahhh. I mean, I can kind of see their point in writers using DWM to whine about Brexit and Trump (though they don't seem to have a problem with it in the actual program!) but it seems any and all criticism of modern Who's (for want of a better word) excretions will soon be expunged from the mag if they have their way!

View user profile

11 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 pm

A little missive from Nicholas Pegg to DWM in the 80s (the reply's hilarious too):

Big Grin LOL

View user profile

12 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:21 pm

More rumblings about BBC Worldwide (who now apparently haven't bothered to tell buyers of the Series 10 boxset which episodes are on which discs!):

https://twitter.com/claytonhickman/status/930867925732462592

Rolling Eyes

View user profile

13 Re: DWM writer goes out in true Hive style! on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 pm

FYI, the article replacing "Wotcha" is "Blogs of Doom", a page devoted to various "log entries" from bit characters from Doctor Who canon. They've started it off with the blue alien who shot a hole through Bill LOL

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum