The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Series 11

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:25 am

Yes, the ratings aren't a surprise for the first episode. I'm fully expecting a fall to record lows by the end of the season, though.

The reviews are an absolute atrocity. This episode would have been a 5/10 at best if it weren't for the politics surrounding. I am, however, assuming seeping self-honesty from this point on.

View user profile

952 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:12 pm

@iank wrote:
@DeadManRising wrote:In other news: Our beloved Jodie actually did an "Ask me Anything" event on Reddit a couple of days ago, in case you fine chaps didn't already know.

Good lord... the cringe.

Jesus. She really doesn't have a fucking clue, does she?

To be honest I do feel a bit sorry for her. Not because people here are being mean. We have only criticized her acting, we haven't insulted her looks (Saying she keeps pulling silly faces to be eccentric obviously isn't the same as calling someone ugly which we never have. Hell Commander Maxil seems to fancy her a bit LOL), or gone after her personally (other than when she spouts feminist garbage which would be true of anyone including Colin Baker.)

Still a part of me does think that she does believe this crap about her Doctor being a landmark by being the first female lead in a genre series, and it being something special, and I think its going to be a bit of a shock for her in a couple of years when she finds out its not, and the female Doctor isn't even a foot note. At the end of the day feminized versions of male things never are, because the male ones, being the original are always the most remembered.

I mean compare Star Trek Voyager to Xena and Buffy. Janeway is nowhere near the icon those two characters are, despite being attached to a bigger brand, and having just as long a run as Buffy (and a longer one than Xena.)

And that wasn't even a bad change. It made perfect sense in the show, it was technically a new character. But still the brand Star Trek is always going to be remembered for its original male leads like Kirk and Picard first and foremost (the same would be true in reverse if it had started with women and then changed to men.)

Chinballs and the Beeb are cynical cunts, they know its not a big deal, they're just doing it to cash in on a craze, but I think Jodie does genuinely believe it.

Again for a feminist in the entertainment industry, it shows a staggering ignorance of other female led shows that's insulting to other actresses accomplishments. (I notice that the likes of Lucy Lawless, Eliza Dusku, Dana Delorenzo and Sarah Michelle Gellar haven't tweeted about this either, despite all being Who fans. Again doesn't surprise me as if they did they would essentially be saying "Hey our female heroes were worthless, Jodie's going to finally give you ladies a hero to look up to!")

Still I think its going to be a shame when Jodie realizes that actually this isn't anything special.

View user profile

953 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:22 pm

@burrunjor wrote: (Hell Commander Maxil seems to fancy her a bit LOL)

I certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers  Wink

954 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm

@burrunjor wrote:
To be honest I do feel a bit sorry for her.

Really? You actually feel sorry for this dumbass chick?

The same woman who said that all fans opposed to a female Doctor need to "grow up" and not be "scared of her gender"?

The same woman who knows nothing about the show's history or the character she is playing and thinks that David Tennant was an amazing Doctor?

Get real, dude. She doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy.

View user profile

955 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:21 pm

@DeadManRising wrote:
@burrunjor wrote:

The same woman who said that all fans opposed to a female Doctor need to "grow up" and not be "scared of her gender"?

The same woman who knows nothing about the show's history or the character she is playing and thinks that David Tennant was an amazing Doctor?

He's right y'know, Burrunjor.

She's a fully paid up member of the fembot society.

View user profile

956 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:37 pm

Totally foreshadowing series 12 right?

View user profile

957 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:51 pm

@Boofer wrote:
@DeadManRising wrote:
@burrunjor wrote:

He's right y'know, Burrunjor.

She's a fully paid up member of the fembot society.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Well obviously I know she's been ridiculous to the fans and rude and ignorant to other actresses like Lucy Lawless and Sarah Michelle Gellar and Katey Sagal, but my point was I feel that Whittaker actually does at least believe all the crap she says about her casting breaking a glass ceiling, and its going to be a real shock when she finds out its not.

Chinballs and others like him know its a lot of shit. I always said you can divide modern day feminists into two categories, the Antia Sarkeesian's who know its all shit and peddle it anyway, and the naive, misguided ones, like Emma Watson.

I totally get hating both, but at times I can feel a twinge of sympathy for the ones who do genuinely think they are doing great things for equality and then find out that they were complete idiots led by money grubbing chancers Big Grin

It kind of reminds me of that episode of South Park with the Scientologists, where Stan gets duped by them and actually believes it and then the head goes "NO ITS A SCAM AND WE CAN GET LOTS OF MONEY!"

View user profile

958 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:18 pm

This is an excellent perspective on why tying the Doctor to ideology infers infallibility.

View user profile

959 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:36 pm

More proof of the very dark direction the show is taking : -

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/showbiz/doctor-who-stars-make-brilliant-15256037

Incidentally I didn't realise that they're not allowed to be called companions anymore, but "brand new friends"...?

960 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:25 pm

Assistants/companions were rarely 'friends' or lovers in the classic series. (Well, not counting the TV Movie farce anyway).

The only companion who was a true friend and equal was Romana.

The Doctor is a Time Lord. A man with 2 hearts, who can travel in time and space and rejuvenate his tired body when he needs to. He's a fucking alien. Those tagging along were there for the ride and, if anything, made the Doctor's objectives more difficult to accomplish. He endured them for their companionship, utility, and to help them grow as people. A paternal figure, you might say, but not a bloody mate, FFS!

A man who is practically a God may have compassion for telurians, but the notion that he'd be able to have a fully developed intellectual relationship with a journalist, a failed A'Level student, an air hostess, etc, is just ridiculous. Even Adric - a brilliant Mathematician - couldn't connect with the Doctor's sheer breadth of accumulated wisdom and experience, and used to bugger off and sulk when he didn't get his way.

The current state of affairs is only to be expected from something that started out as 'The Rose Show' in everything but name only. They've been undermining the character from the moment RTD got the gig in 2004.

View user profile

961 Re: Series 11 on Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:24 pm

View user profile

962 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:19 am

Here, latest from the SJW crowd. Apparently the TARDIS is racist now.

TARDIS is a problematic image

I wish these cunts would just fuck off out of the fandom. To start with I doubt the author of this article is even a fan. He strikes me as a panhandling bastard looking to stir up shit for attention.

Second how pathetic is he that in order to like a character they have to be black just because he is black? Why do these cunts choose to define themselves by one aspect of their personality!

I mean my god I'm Scottish so by these people's logic, Steven Moffat must be the greatest Who writer of all time in my opinion. However because I haven't defined every single aspect of my personality by being Scottish I rightfully think he was a horny, SJW pandering hack who butchered one of the greatest villains in the shows history by turning him into some freakish combo of his own kinky fetishes and misandristic propaganda.

The 90s was a better time to be a Who fan than this. God damn the Fitzroy cucks.

View user profile

963 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:06 am

View user profile

964 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:34 am

Just turn the TARDIS exterior into a fucking porta potty, already.

It would perfectly encapsulate the current state of the show anyway.

View user profile

965 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 am

According to Radio Times, episode three is the long-rumoured Rosa Parks story, it's co-written by Maleroie Blackman and Chris Chibnall, and is uninspiringly called just "Rosa". It does'nt seem to be a pure historical either as there's something about the Doc and chums trying to thwart a plot to change history.

I can tell Von of the Real Whovians on Youtube is going to have a ball with that last bit of info, as she prides herself on being some kind of a Rosa Parks historian who insists only Americans should write about American history

View user profile

966 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:22 am

I'd very surprised if that episode is anything other than a turkey.

967 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:50 am

I can tell Von of the Real Whovians on Youtube is going to have a ball with that last bit of info, as she prides herself on being some kind of a Rosa Parks historian who insists only Americans should write about American history

God I really wish these people would just fuck off out of fandom. No one is allowed to write about American history but Americans? Its insane! By that logic I should hate Once Upon A Time because its Americans writing about Peter Pan and Cpatain Hook who are both created by a Scottish writer!

Come to think of it once again this would mean that Sherlock would have to be my favourite version of Holmes because its one of the few by a Scottish author and Doyle was Scottish. All those classic Rathbone and Cushing and Jeremy Brett adaptations are just cultural appropriation and racist towards me personally.

Jesus I can see why Rob wants to throw out his DW stuff, as it is humiliating to be associated with the brand now that these people and the "woke" time team are its cheerleaders (either that or spineless, sellout fans like Mr Tardis.)

Ordinary people don't act the way these "fans" do, and again this isn't even a left or right thing as Rob is a left wing guy, and so am I BTW. I just did an article about the worst right wingers where I tore into shits like Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson.

These people's viewpoints are insane! This cultural appropriation shit, imagine if someone did actually react that way in the real world. Imagine if we were watching Once Upon A Time and I started crying and getting upset when Robbie Kay, an English actor showed up as Peter Pan and claimed that the English are taking stuff away from the Scots again, and started bringing in shit that happened between the Scots and the English years ago lik the Highland Clearances.

Would you think that person was A/reasonable B/sane or C/someone you'd want to spend time with? NO! So why, why, why have not just Who fans, but sci fi fans in general bent over backwards and told these cunts to stick whatever they can fit up there?

View user profile

968 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:55 pm

I think we should should cease with the indignation and embark on a campaign of colossal piss-taking.

View user profile

969 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 pm

View user profile

970 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:13 pm

View user profile

971 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:51 pm

Welcome, Jonzu77.

Thank you for cluttering this thread with all these incredibly forced and unfunny memes.

View user profile

972 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:06 pm

@DeadManRising wrote:Welcome, Jonzu77.

Thank you for cluttering this thread with all these incredibly forced and unfunny memes.

I felt they summed up the cancer that is new who fandom brilliantly?

View user profile

973 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:13 pm

I interact with NuWho fans quite regularly on sites like Reddit and Digital Spy, and trust me, 90% of NuWho fans DO NOT act this way.

View user profile

974 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:29 pm

@DeadManRising wrote:I interact with NuWho fans quite regularly on sites like Reddit and Digital Spy, and trust me, 90% of NuWho fans DO NOT act this way.

Perhaps I've just been unlucky always coming across the other 10% then!

975 Re: Series 11 on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:57 pm

"BBC will embrace "a whole generation of female stories" after being "inspired" by Doctor Who regeneration"

"I defy anyone who saw that viral video of the little girl, waiting for the new Doctor Who to be unveiled – who witnessed the expression on her face when she shouted: 'The new doctor is a girl' – not to think we've done something good and inspirational"

www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a868228/bbc-embrace-female-stories-after-doctor-who-regeneration/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum