You are not connected. Please login or register

Series 11

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 40]

926Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 10:04 am

Trailer for this week's upcoming episode in case anyone here actually gives a fuck.

View user profile

927Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 10:40 am

@TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:One thing about Jodie is that she's entertaining sans aucun doute. I think a great test of implicit acting talent can be found in the silent freeze-frame, and for that Jodie is no slacker.

Series 11 - Page 38 110

Behold the raw intellect exuding. You can literally feel the innumerable parallel thoughts as she composes of the scientific arts in her mind.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

So glad the Bubble comparison is catching on.

View user profile

928Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 11:11 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
The script sucked and so did Jodie. I rewatched it this morning and I've knocked my rating down to a 5, maybe even a 4.5. Again, the first ten minutes or so are really tense and enjoyable. The music is a breath of fresh air, the direction is ace and the companions are good. I just can't stand the mundane dialogue and Jodie's truly awful performance. She doesn't bring anything new to the role and she simply reminds me of David Tennant at his hyperactive worst. It has got to be the weakest debut performance given by any actor that has portrayed Doctor.

View user profile

929Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 11:21 am

Maxil McCoy wrote:The script sucked and so did Jodie. I rewatched it this morning and I've knocked my rating down to a 5, maybe even a 4.5. Again, the first ten minutes or so are really tense and enjoyable. The music is a breath of fresh air, the direction is ace and the companions are good. I just can't stand the mundane dialogue and Jodie's truly awful performance. She doesn't bring anything new to the role and she simply reminds me of David Tennant at his hyperactive worst. It has got to be the weakest debut performance given by any actor that has portrayed Doctor.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

So you've just gone from "I'm actually optimistic about the series, something I haven't been for many years" to "worst debut performance given by any Doctor ever"?

Gee... it's almost as if you're just trying to conform with everyone else on this forum.

View user profile

930Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 11:34 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@DeadManRising wrote:
Maxil McCoy wrote:The script sucked and so did Jodie. I rewatched it this morning and I've knocked my rating down to a 5, maybe even a 4.5. Again, the first ten minutes or so are really tense and enjoyable. The music is a breath of fresh air, the direction is ace and the companions are good. I just can't stand the mundane dialogue and Jodie's truly awful performance. She doesn't bring anything new to the role and she simply reminds me of David Tennant at his hyperactive worst. It has got to be the weakest debut performance given by any actor that has portrayed Doctor.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

So you've just gone from "I'm actually optimistic about the series, something I haven't been for many years" to "worst debut performance given by any Doctor ever"?

Gee... it's almost as if you're just trying to conform with everyone else on this forum.

I am optimistic about the upcoming series in many ways, none of which have anything to do with the script or acting.  I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon. Time and the Rani is one of my favourite stories, after all. Since most Capaldi episodes were a 2 in my eyes I would say that the show has improved somewhat. The production values are better, the music is perfect and the companions are the best in years. I said Jodie was shit on Sunday night and I never said the script was any good. There's positive stuff there but Jodie and the writing are the weak links. I am actually going to watch the series again and I hope the new writers are better than Chibnall.

View user profile

931Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 11:40 am

@DeadManRising wrote:Trailer for this week's upcoming episode in case anyone here actually gives a fuck.

#

Thanks. Looks visually appealing and the soldiers all look like they have character to them. I wonder if the TARDIS shows up here? Cool

View user profile

932Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 11:46 am

I am optimistic about the upcoming series in many ways, none of which have anything to do with the script or acting.  I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon. Time and the Rani is one of my favourite stories, after all. Since most Capaldi episodes were a 2 in my eyes I would say that the show has improved somewhat. The production values are better, the music is perfect and the companions are the best in years. I said Jodie was shit on Sunday night and I never said the script was any good. There's positive stuff there but Jodie and the writing are the weak links. I am actually going to watch the series again and I hope the new writers are better than Chibnall.

Fair enough, I guess.

I think I'm going to give the rest of Series 11 a miss, personally. If The Castrated Man Who Fell to Earth and the trailer I posted above is any indication, then Series 11 is going to be a very strong contender for the worst NuWho Series of all time.

I value my precious, limited time on this planet too much to torture myself in such a barbaric manner.

View user profile

933Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 12:32 pm

@DeadManRising wrote:

Fair enough, I guess.

I think I'm going to give the rest of Series 11 a miss, personally. If The Castrated Man Who Fell to Earth and the trailer I posted above is any indication, then Series 11 is going to be a very strong contender for the worst NuWho Series of all time.

I value my precious, limited time on this planet too much to torture myself in such a barbaric manner.

Good man. I honestly can't see what value there is in series 11? Quite frankly its offensive. A show that goes out of its way to not cast white people, tells men that they deserve to have their heroes taken away from them, treats the viewers as the writers children that its going to talk down to, and promotes hiring people based on skin colour over talent? Its not just bad, btu a disgusting series that is bad for the future of the industry.

People like Mr Tardis Reviews are the ultimate traitors. I'm only glad that he admitted he works for the BBC or rather does so for freelance, and hopes to do so more permanently.

He knows full well of the BBC's racist, sexist policy against white men, but he's happy to throw other young men under the bus so he can get ahead, and sell the show that made his name, and its fandom under the bus too.

View user profile

934Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 1:52 pm

@DeadManRising wrote: the trailer I posted above is any indication, then Series 11 is going to be a very strong contender for the worst NuWho Series of all time.

What exactly is in the trailer for Ghost Monument that makes you say that? Or are you just being hyper ironic?

View user profile

935Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 3:08 pm

@Zarius wrote:What exactly is in the trailer for Ghost Monument that makes you say that? Or are you just being hyper ironic?

The immature, juvenile, overly light-hearted dialogue for one. Also the rather goofy performances and just the overall tone really. It all reeks of the absolute worst parts of the David Tennant/RTD era.

Jodie's delivery of "Did you practice those lines in the mirror?" made me cringe slightly. And that goofy woman saying "You are a VERY funny little bonus" was fucking awful.

Any sense of intrigue and morbid curiosity that I felt going into this Series has been absolutely crushed by that trailer and the introduction episode.

I'll still pop in here from time to time to see how everyone is getting on, and I'll still watch a few small clips of the show on Youtube every now and then just for shits and giggles. But as far as analysing and reviewing new episodes goes, then I'm done for good.

View user profile

936Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 4:40 pm

Oh.

So basically just conforming to the misery of this place then. Razz

View user profile

937Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 7:29 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
The Ghost Monument spoiler-free review: "run of the mill and forgettable"

https://inews.co.uk/culture/doctor-who-season-11-episode-2-review-spoiler-free-the-ghost-monument/

The new titles sound very interesting:
"there’s new psychedelic opening titles, which were missing from the premiere. They’re very Jon Pertwee."

View user profile

938Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 7:55 pm

Maxil McCoy wrote:The Ghost Monument spoiler-free review: "run of the mill and forgettable"

https://inews.co.uk/culture/doctor-who-season-11-episode-2-review-spoiler-free-the-ghost-monument/

Oh dear. Is the inebria beginning to fade?

View user profile

939Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 9:48 pm

Interest was always going to quickly disappear once the celebrations of hijacking something male were over with.
I'm afraid I'm with those two above - zero interest in ever watching again.

View user profile

940Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 10:08 pm

Have to say I'm rather shocked to see so many Who actors and actresses not tweeting about this.

Ingrid Oliver hasn't tweeted, neither has Billie Piper, Jenna Coleman, Freema Agyeman, Colin Baker and they all tweet fairly regularly and have done so in the past few days but not about Bubble?

No words of support to Jodie no "that was an amazing episode"? "Watch DW tonight?"

Part of me wonders if they know its going to be a misandrist mess and don't want their characters to be associated with it. As big an apologist as Colin was, maybe now he realises that actually this was never about something new and exciting for the show, this was never about giving people great female heroes (of which there are far better alternatives) and that it was actually about just kicking the supposedly entitled fans who supported them for years in the teeth?

View user profile

941Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 09 Oct 2018, 11:03 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker

View user profile

942Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 12:24 am

Pure cringe.

Some people thought a missing episode was going to be revealed tonight on twitter.

Turns out Who is launching its own clothing range.

Nothing cynically money-grabbing about that, is there? Especially after casting a Female Dogturd.

View user profile

943Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 1:04 am

Oh dear God...

View user profile

944Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 7:29 am

The UK's tallest man plays a monster (I thought he was dead...or was that the world's tallest man?)

Series 11 - Page 38 FZsJfrE

View user profile

945Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 7:52 am

After seeing that second trailer, there is absolutely nothing I can see to encourage me to watch this dogturd other than it upsets those sexist fossils who have watched the series since the start, some of whom have actually watched those crackly old black and white episodes, can you actually believe that? - what a bunch of fucking freaks.

So, I will be not watching the second episode either.

I might tune in for a future episode if I see a trailer or something which actively encourages me to watch - but nothing so far. No inclination whatsoever. Creeping death looks more exciting.

Seeing a female Tennant clone with a bit of Ecclestons "Eecky-thoomp" thrown into the worst NuWho re-envisioning yet with thicko fucking moronic dialogue turned up to max just does not inspire me to watch one second of the shit.

Although the overnights for this were good, that still doesn't inspire me - it might be the most successful series since Tennant - I quite frankly am well passed caring anymore.

Doctor Who is dead as far as I'm concerned, and good riddance to it.

Fucking shit it is, all Doctor Who sites now "unliked" on my facebook feed and I can't wait to remove all of my previous Doctor Who target collection from the shelves into storage - it's fucking embarrassing to have on display.

As soon as I get time - out it must all go.

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

946Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 8:24 am

In other news: Our beloved Jodie actually did an "Ask me Anything" event on Reddit a couple of days ago, in case you fine chaps didn't already know.

Good lord... the cringe.

Series 11 - Page 38 Captur10

View user profile

947Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 8:29 am

Great scott...the cringe. Wink

View user profile

948Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 8:43 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker

View user profile

949Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 8:53 am

@DeadManRising wrote:In other news: Our beloved Jodie actually did an "Ask me Anything" event on Reddit a couple of days ago, in case you fine chaps didn't already know.

Good lord... the cringe.

Series 11 - Page 38 Captur10

Jesus. She really doesn't have a fucking clue, does she?

View user profile

950Series 11 - Page 38 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 10 Oct 2018, 10:58 am

Although the overnights for this were good, that still doesn't inspire me - it might be the most successful series since Tennant - I quite frankly am well passed caring anymore.

Well we'll have to say. Lots of people tuned in for the first ep out of curiosity.

I think the Rosa Parks episode will be the biggest stinker this series. Not that I plan on watching mind but stil.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum