You are not connected. Please login or register

Series 11

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 40]

751Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 3:22 pm

edgelord

@burrunjor wrote:.

Where are Claudia Boleyn's videos on Xena, Buffy, Once Upon A Time, Star Trek Voyager, Ghost Whisperer, Alien, etc?

Jodie clearly doesn't have much respect for these shows and characters either, considering she insults them almost every day now by making out that apparently women have never had a strong heroic role to look up in the genre until her!

That's such a huge slap in the face to Sigourney Weaver, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lucy Lawless, Dana Delorenzo, Michelle Yeoh, Maggie Cheung, Gail Gaddot, Katey Sagal, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Lana Parilla, Tia Carrea, Kate Mulgrew, Lori Cardelle, Eliza Dushku, Mila Jovivich, Jennifer Morrison, Gina Torres, Neve Campbell, Jennifer Lawrence, Lynda Carter, Bryce Dallas Howard, Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan (even if she's a psycho) hell even Liz Sladen, Louise Jamieson, Mary Tamm, Sophie Aldred, Freema Agyeman and Billie Piper!

It runs far deeper than this! Strong, prominent female characters in TV and film gained a foothold in the 70s and 80s - look at Angie Dickinson in Policewoman, Cagney and Lacey, Charlies Angels, Juliet Bravo, Tenko, the Bionic Woman, The Gentle Touch, Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor etc etc etc.

I have no clue where Whittaker gets this from that her being cast in the role is fucking groundbreaking for women. Please. It may have been radical back in the early 70s, but not these days where there are wall to wall female-led shows.

It’s purely a cheap gimmick by back-slapping virtue signallers to get people watching a failing show thats been run in to the ground. Fuck them all.

Last edited by edgelord on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

752Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 4:26 pm

shan164

The gender bending thing is not even remotely comparable because.

1/ The character has been established for 50 years now, and furthermore so have dozens of other Time Lord characters. If you want to make the Doctor gender neutral, then so is Romana, Susan, The Master and that's crap.

When you introduced it that Hartnell could morph into Troughton, that meant that Carole Anne Ford could regenerate into say Morven Christie. Is that such a big change overall? Yes Morven would bring something new to it, but she wouldn't be completely different would she.

Now however, technically Susan can morph into Brian Blessed! Time Lords were never gender neutral. They dressed in very feminine, or masculine clothes, they had the same attitudes towards gender that we did, they had romances with other races like humans (Susan, the Master and that Time Lord Leela eloped with) so clearly they have the same genitals as we do (ah productive way to spend my day, talk about time lord genitals LOL.)

So really it IS jarring and hard to take them as being the same character if you change their gender, which is why people have always shied away from it.

I really don't see it that way and I also keep in mind that not only did they make a lot of the show as they went along, I very much doubt they thought about it as much as a lot of people do now.

One thing I noticed a long time ago was that it seemed like the Doctor was aging backwards, with each successive regeneration more often than not seeming younger than the previous. They all but hung a lampshade on that when the First Doctor met the Fifth.

Meanwhile, all the the Time Lords on Gallifrey were on the old side and the older the character, the older the actor tended to be. I'm sure the production side of things was just find older people to play the more important senior people on Gallifrey.

Here's what you'd think would have to be the case. Time Lords who live on Gallifrey aren't for the best part risking life and limb fighting evil and so each regeneration would live out their full potential lifespan. Meanwhile, the Doctor is burning through his in record pace with maybe a few exceptions (First, War and Eleven most likely). There's all sorts of problems with ages (including the Doctor's seemingly being stuck around 900 for a long time despite more than one regeneration). Might be best to sweep that whole issue under the rug.

Anyway, the point I'm slowly drifting towards is that the way I'm rationalising everything is that Time Lords on Gallifrey are mostly quite conservative, not terribly adventurous and that tends to on average create an unspectacular series of regenerations. Basically, if you put all the different regenerations of most Time Lords in the one room together, I wouldn't be surprised if you had the making of a book club who all agreed with each other about what they thought about each week's reading selection.

So that actually answers the question about Susan et al, technically I guess she could go full Brian Blessed on us but she won't because her mindset probably would be all that radical. Romana ... well, possibly. We saw her run through a whole series of radically different appearances before stabilising ... as someone who was a carbon copy in appearance of someone else. Not a radical leap to do you know what. Romana, turned out to be a bit more adventurous than Susan and River, full on crazy person, so ... potential is there. In fact, maybe Romana even more so than River possibly (her potential changes were more radical).

Now, the Doctor. Supposed radical who left Gallifrey but he's still fairly conservative, really isn't he? Likes Earth, especially the 20th to 21st Century, being British (obviously production-wise that's actor selection but here's the in-universe explanation for me) but not really on the same scale of being an iconoclast with his personal body configurations like the Corsair as one example. It's all been in a relatively narrow band really, hasn't it? (English and Scotsmen of a certain age for while now).

But then there's been some sort of a different shock to the system (ditto the Master too earlier) - what that is exactly, I don't really know but that's what I'm going to run with - and in and of itself, I don't think it's fatal to the show. What it really all comes down to is execution of the stories in terms of acting and performances (I mean, there's been times when I've heard of a setup for an idea generally and been ... well sceptical and really been pleasantly surprised with the result).

So, that's where I'm at. I guess it's up to the finished product now (in general, there's been times when trailers haven't inspired me but I've liked the final product and vice-versa). So, I guess when I get around to seeing the latest season of the show, I guess I'll know for me personally but like I said, in and of itself, the concept alone wasn't a deal-breaker for me - it really - as it has been for every show reconfiguration up to now - depends on the sum totality of its execution.

753Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 5:44 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
It runs far deeper than this! Strong, prominent female characters in TV and film gained a foothold in the 70s and 80s - look at Angie Dickinson in Policewoman, Cagney and Lacey, Charlies Angels, Juliet Bravo, Tenko, the Bionic Woman, The Gentle Touch, Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor etc etc etc.

I have no clue where Whittaker gets this from that her being cast in the role is fucking groundbreaking for women. Please. It may have been radical back in the early 70s, but not these days where there are wall to wall female-led shows.

It’s purely a cheap gimmick by back-slapping virtue signallers to get people watching a failing show thats been run in to the ground. Fuck them all.

Welcome to the Hive Edge Lord. Of course you are right. I was just running through my favourites, but there are obviously way more than that. (Though I've got a much better knowledge of female heroes than Whovian Feminism, Mr Tardis and Claudia Boleyn combined LOL, but that's not saying very much. If I was a fan of three female led shows I'd know more than them Big Grin )

TBH you'd be hard to find a genre show that doesn't have strong female heroes.

Leaving aside the dozens that star women, most that star men still have strong roles for women. Obviously Classic Who had the likes of Ace, Romana, Leela, Sarah, Liz, Zoe, Barbara etc.

Star Trek TOS was a bit lacking but to be fair that wasn't their fault. They wanted the second of command, who was a cold, logical, non sexualized, character to be a woman. She would have been Ellen Ripley of the 60s. However it was audiences, (ironically women most of all) who HATED her, so they transplanted her persona to Spock. Uhura's not a bad character mind. Maybe doesn't get as much to do, but then neither does Sulu.

Also the lack of female characters in the original was rectified in the sequels anyway.

In Lost in Space, Penny Robinson is every bit as brave as Will and there are many, many episodes where she IS the main protagonist. The only character who is a pathetic, miserable coward is a guy, Doctor Zacharay Smith, and that's why we loved him!

In Star Wars meanwhile there is Leia, in Blake's 7 there are dozens of strong women (with the most intelligent character being a woman, Servalan.) In Angel, you have Cordelia and Fred, two very well written, well acted, strong female characters (Illyria is also the strongest character in the entire franchise.)

Then in Firefly we have River who is the most powerful character, and Zoe. In Babylon 5 there are plenty of strong female characters, in Supernatural the most powerful villain is a girl, Amara, in Red Dwarf and Futurama, the two most competent, intelligent, brave, and if they were real, likable people are women! Kochanski and Leela?

How many episodes have Leela and Kochanski saving the bumbling, idiotic male protagonist like Epideme, My Three Suns, etc.

All of the women in Primeval are fairly strong, competent, intelligent characters who are interested in science, obviously the Avengers, both the Marvel and the British version have badass female characters in them like Emma Peel, Cathy Gale, and Tara King and Purdi.

Then there are series where you have a male and female protagonist like The X-Files, and Sapphire and Steel and Being Human, and the women are never made out to be lesser in those series.

So no I don't think its fair at all to try and make out that we are lacking in strong roles for women in almost any major sci fi or fantasy franchise like Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter or Game of Thrones.

Admittedly there are still more LEADING roles for men, but I think that's because its easier to have male leads. Not because women are weaker, and we won't buy them as the heroes. Simply because people I think are more okay with watching male leads get tortured, beaten up, smacked around etc so writers settle on them, as obviously they can make their adventures more exciting.

I find that if you have excessively violent things happen to female characters then audiences, both male and female, complain about it being sexist and promoting violence against women.

Like take a look at when the X-Men franchise had a poster of their leading lady, Jennifer Lawrence being grabbed by the throat. Feminists complained it was disgusting, misogynistic, and got it pulled down!

See here

Rose McGowan slams X-men Poster

Fox Apologises For X-Men Poster

Now consider what happens to Wolverine, the male lead in that series.

See what I mean? Nobody minded that. (Not that they should of course, but you get my meaning. Its easier to have men go through this kind of shit, so people settle for male leads.)

IMO rather than constantly boast about how we need more female leads, people like Mr Tardis should go out there and write series where female leads go through the same kind of punishment as the likes of Wolverine do. That's really the last hurdle IMO.

I will say this was one of many reasons why I thought Xena was so good for women in the series. When you watch the show, she and her little friend Gabrielle really went through it. Sadly however most other shows don't seem to have the guts Xena did.

754Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 6:20 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I really don't see it that way and I also keep in mind that not only did they make a lot of the show as they went along, I very much doubt they thought about it as much as a lot of people do now.

One thing I noticed a long time ago was that it seemed like the Doctor was aging backwards, with each successive regeneration more often than not seeming younger than the previous. They all but hung a lampshade on that when the First Doctor met the Fifth.

Meanwhile, all the the Time Lords on Gallifrey were on the old side and the older the character, the older the actor tended to be. I'm sure the production side of things was just find older people to play the more important senior people on Gallifrey.

Actually they did in the sense that they had a concrete idea of who the Doctor was and they stuck within it.

For the first regeneration they said that they wanted to make him different but not too different.

Pertwee meanwhile said that it was important for him to play the role as an asexual grandfather as that's who the Doctor was.

Tom Baker said that the role was the most limited he had ever played as there were so many things he couldn't do as then he wouldn't seem like the Doctor anymore.

Peter Davison, Colin Baker, and McCoy all said that they tried to amalgate aspects of previous Doctors, and watched their predecessors after being cast to get an idea of who the Doctor overall was, and see what they could do within those limits.

Terrance Dicks said that the single most important thing was not to change the Doctors character too much and Bob Holmes agreed with him.

Here from Bob Holmes biography, A Life in Words.

Bob Holmes wrote:I wrote the Fifth Doctor in much the same way as I did his predecessors. After all the Doctor is always the same character. His body changes, his manners and idiosyncrasies alter, but at the bottom he remains the same person.

Terrance Dicks wrote:It must have been at a change over time for the Doctor, and he'd (Bob Holmes) been asked to do a story next season, but he wasn't absolutely certain who the Doctor was going to be. And I said "isn't that tough", and Bob said. "Not really, the Doctors always the Doctor." And that of course is perfectly true.

Terry Nation always said EXACTLY the same thing as Bob Holmes (bare in mind Nation and Holmes not only wrote some of the most beloved stories, but also more episodes than any other two writers.)

Finally JNT also agreed with this sentiment, to the point where he made all three of his actors grow their hair out long.

So yes there has always been a concrete idea of who the Doctor is. Basically they always treated him as the same character, and just let the actor interpret him in a new way, as long as they didn't change him too much.

Its just common sense when you think about it.

If everything about the Doctor changes, then why do all the Doctors not tell us their name? Why do they all still want to travel? Why do they all have the same morality? Why do they all have a similar dress sense? Why do they all have a fondness for earth?

Simple because he couldn't just be anyone. Now again given that he has been a man for 50 years, all of his relationships have been from a male perspective, he's always been written and played as a man by default, its really not ridiculous to say that this is too big a change, and no longer feels like the same character.

After all men and women are different. Equal yes, but different. So with this in mind why is gender suddenly an irrelevant thing to change, yet the length of the characters hair, and the fact that he liked frock coats, and his love life, were all seen as things that can never be changed, but a tiny, little fact like his gender isn't?

Again though its the awful way its been implemented that's made everybody angry, but you can see how its always going to be a bigger change.

I also don't agree that its a case of Time Lords are more conservative so that's why they won't change.

To start with the Master was a sexist. He'd be the last person to want to become a girl. Also why did the Doctor become a guy 13 times? Even when he turned from Tennant to Matt. He was on his last life and didn't think might as well try being a woman now?

Also given how jarring it is, given the political baggage it brings, I still don't see why you'd want to do it when you've got Romana and Susan, and Jenny there, each of whom could carry their own series?

755Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 7:23 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Chibnall's 13 reasons to watch Series 11:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-23/chris-chibnall-doctor-who-manifesto-jodie-whittaker/

I don't like the idea of 10 standalone episodes. There used to be three two-part stories a year and I personally prefer that format.

756Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 7:40 pm

tardis

tardis
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-23/chris-chibnall-doctor-who-manifesto-jodie-whittaker/

Chibnall wrote:
As I came to the end of Broadchurch, I was mulling over ideas for my next projects. All that changed when Steven Moffat, my predecessor as Doctor Who showrunner, ambushed me over dinner, saying, “I’m sorry but I’m about to derail your life. I’m leaving Doctor Who. We’ve all had a chat and agreed you’re the best person to take over.”

So there was no real vetting process for the showrunner, no wonder there hasn't been any vetting process for anything else this series.  Shocked

Chibnall wrote:
Start here: we’ll take you by the hand. If you’re a lapsed viewer, come on back in and try Jodie Whittaker’s fizzing, funny, smart Doctor.

Considering they've changed EVERYTHING to the point that it's not really Doctor Who anymore, then really, why the constant pushing of "watch Doctor Who"?

Chibnall wrote:
(Just as we’ve done across the whole show: building a thrilling new version while honouring the past.)

But not honouring the past where the Doctor's idiosyncrasies are concerned?  Sorry, not buying it.

Chibnall wrote:
8. The mystery of the missing Tardis continues

If they have the sonic vibrator and no TARDIS, then it's NOT Doctor Who.

Seriously, this did nothing to excite me or change my mind.  It only cemented and made me dig my heels in more!  (I won't go into the "Doctor's a Woman" bit or the bit where they say it's now on Sundays, but STILL NOT TELLING US WHAT TIME!)

757Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 7:45 pm

Mott1

When Moffat said we'd ALL agreed that Chibbers (still famous for the brilliance of Cyberwoman and Broadchurch season 2) was best person to take over did he mean all of the licence fee payers or all of Dr Who's fan base?

758Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 9:56 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater
‘My Doctor Who manifesto’: Chris Chibnall reveals his 13 reasons to watch the new Jodie Whittaker series.

1. You don’t need to know anything about Doctor Who

In fact, it's much better if you don't know anything because that's the only way you'll be able to enjoy the new series without a lobotomy.

2. Each episode will be a new adventure…

So a return to the 45-minutes-per-story approach that forces stories to omit the essential elements of Doctor Who: character and world-building? This is good news?

3. Bradley Walsh is a proper star

You snagged a D-list celebrity into a main role? Well done.

4. But he’s not the only one…

Well the other main cast members are unknowns chosen by race, so ... he kind of is.

5. Here be monsters

Monsters in a Sci-Fi TV series? Basically, the show is still a Sci-Fi drama and that is supposed to attract viewers.

6. The Doctor’s a woman — and that’s OK!

No.

7. The theme music is the same — almost!

We can hear the theme music again, but altered slightly by a guy hired because of his race.

8. The mystery of the missing Tardis continues

A plotline exists.

9. New stars, new writers…

People are writing this. Probably chosen on race/gender/sexuality more than merit.

10. You won’t find it on Saturday night

The show will be aired.

11. We’ve been keeping our secrets close to our chest

You don't know everything about the series yet, probably because it hasn't been on yet.

12. There’s a galaxy of stars

People are acting in this. Other people, I mean.

13. We can all live the dream…

A person is running the show who apparently wanted to be showrunner, and he wants you to watch it.

Series 11 - Page 31 312

759Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 10:22 pm

iank

iank
LOL That's probably the level of depth we can expect from all Chinballs' "writing".

760Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 10:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
I'm happy that Art Malik is going to be in it. He was superb in The Living Daylights.

Can't say I'm excited for anything else.

761Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 3:55 pm

Zarius

Zarius
Series 11 - Page 31 78DjICN

Series 11 - Page 31 XY7rPus

762Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 8:02 pm

Zarius

Zarius

763Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 9:50 pm

iank

iank
Oh Jesus H Christ on a bike.

764Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:02 pm

tardis

tardis
Peter Capaldi isn't even the Doctor any more and they are doing WORSE than simply not supporting him/backing him up....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-south-yorkshire-45589723

I know I carry the unpopular opinion that Capaldi is an amazing actor that was hindered by bad scripts and directors, but NO ONE deserves this!

They didn't support him at all against all the ageist comments people had when he was cast. And NOW, they're taking it full on to attacking him!

I'm sure their thought is "well if we tell them how bad it USED to be, surely they'll love what we give them."

But when has that ever actually worked???

765Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:32 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
@Zarius wrote:Series 11 - Page 31 78DjICN

Series 11 - Page 31 XY7rPus

Reminds me of that line of the Cat's from the backwards episode of Red Dwarf.

"I get it. Its a moron convention."

766Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Interesting quote from a BBC News page:

"Whittaker can do drama, as we’ve seen from Broadchurch and Trust Me. Her interviews have shown that she has a quirky side that all Doctors seem to require. And the trailer suggests she’ll have no trouble in whisking us on an adventure. And what a great way to refresh a franchise, especially after four years of Peter Capaldi, who certainly wasn’t universally loved."

What's the point of belittling the previous actor's contribution to the series?

https://doctorwhowatch.com/2018/09/24/doctor-who-condemn-old-praise-new/

Last edited by Maxil McCoy on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

767Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:53 pm

Mott1

"Behind every great Doctor there has to be a great writer".

This one shouldn't have to worry then...

768Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:57 pm

iank

iank
Absolutely unbelievable. Is everyone at the BBC now a complete cunt?

Answer: Yes.

769Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 24 Sep 2018, 10:58 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
Maxil McCoy wrote:Quote from a BBC News page:

"Whittaker can do drama, as we’ve seen from Broadchurch and Trust Me. Her interviews have shown that she has a quirky side that all Doctors seem to require. And the trailer suggests she’ll have no trouble in whisking us on an adventure. And what a great way to refresh a franchise, especially after four years of Peter Capaldi, who certainly wasn’t universally loved."

What's the point of belittling the previous actor's contribution to the series?

https://doctorwhowatch.com/2018/09/24/doctor-who-condemn-old-praise-new/

Absolutely fucking disgusting. TARDIS is right that Peter was a good actor doing a thankless role. He could have maybe fought for it a bit more, but to be fair maybe he did. I wasn't there. Also an actor does have to eat and provide for his family like everyone else. Bohemian that I am, its a bit much to expect the actor who controls nothing to just walk away from a high paying job.

Still the idea that it was Capaldi that drove the show into the ground over the last 4 years is fucking laughable. He was the ONE saving grace in some of the worst pieces of television I have ever seen.

He was in a story where the moon was an egg, where Daleks were beaten by sewage, where the Master asked a Cyberman if he could borrow its bra, where the Master was a horny disney character and the Brig was a Cyber Zombie, and they honestly think HE was the problem.

Lets be honest he's Colin Baker mark 2. The good actor who got his dream job at the worst time, took the fall for the production team's failures and whose career was fucked over.

Though that's unfair to the Colin Baker era, as NO part of the Colin Baker era was as shit as the Capaldi era, but still, you get what I mean.

770Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 3:52 am

shan164

@tardis wrote:Peter Capaldi isn't even the Doctor any more and they are doing WORSE than simply not supporting him/backing him up....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-south-yorkshire-45589723

I know I carry the unpopular opinion that Capaldi is an amazing actor that was hindered by bad scripts and directors, but NO ONE deserves this!  

They didn't support him at all against all the ageist comments people had when he was cast.  And NOW, they're taking it full on to attacking him!  

I'm sure their thought is "well if we tell them how bad it USED to be, surely they'll love what we give them."

But when has that ever actually worked???

Peter Capaldi was my favourite Doctor from the show since it came back.

Furthermore, "... who certainly wasn’t universally loved." - what a stupid remark, none of them are universally loved as history has shown. I know I don't have to explain why that is here.

771Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 7:42 am

tardis

tardis
I admit, I’ve been a fan of Capaldi’s acting since the 90s and I was overjoyed when he started acting in Dr. Who/Torchwood. When people started floating his name as the Doctor, I didn’t think it was possible, given the direction NuWho had taken.

He didn’t disappoint - even if I liked his characterisation better in S8 than the later ones - but I don’t think he had as much say as some people think. The Beeb never really supported him, not like they did with Smith and Whittaker, and I’m not sure I’ll ever forgive them for that. But I know I’ll never forgive them for this.

Setting everything else aside, that man has been nothing but an ambassador for this production. I have never heard him say anything truly negative about it in any way, shape, or form. (Even if “reading between the lines” some negativity was there.) The man breathes as the Doctor in every “Doctor Who” related event I’ve seen him attend. All the other people associated with this production could only hope to be the level of ambassador that he has been.

This whole thing still has me fuming. And I’ll likely not watch S11 at all now. I was going to binge watch after Christmas, but with this? It’s the final straw. Everyone who said RIP 1963-2017 was right.

Whatever this production is, given how it’s teaching “kids” about.... Everyhing... it’s not Doctor Who of the recent era and it’s shitting all over the Classic era in ways I didn’t think was possible.

(I thought Twice Upon a Time was bad, I didn’t know someone would say “Hold my beer”.)

772Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 8:29 am

Cunnus Maximus

Cunnus Maximus
That's pretty low.

Mind you, we can't have an old white man steal Jodie's magic and thunder now, can we? Stinky old white men are a thing of the past, and the past must be destroyed in favour of a new, glorious order of glittery, gender nonconformity. We must stand tall (and sit proud, lay with dignity - all postures are cool, OKAY!) with the most fragile minorities in the country.

Indeed, I long for the day an Amazon tribeswoman with Downs Syndrome, a false eye and cock, becomes the first non-English-speaking Doctor.

Welcome to the rainbowverse, paleskins.

773Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 9:07 am

shan164

It's Marketing 101 really, isn't it? By all means keep trying to seek new audiences but not in a way that alienates a big segment of your existing audience. Especially when you end up losing some of your existing audience and the gains are less and even more so when you tank the whole enterprise as a result.

All this is also a lot like politics too. There's the people who are visibly vocal about it and then there's the majority who don't and you don't find out until after the election. It's led to a surprise or two recently, hasn't it? I guess we might get some idea after we see audience figures and AI numbers.

774Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 10:33 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
Footage from the new Doctor Who video game.

Series 11 - Page 31 Dn4fwMxWsAAr3k9

Remember when I said you can't be a Who fan and like Missy? I stick to that.

What is the difference between this and the Curse of Fatal Death now? I'd say this is MORE ridiculous. At least the Brig wasn't a Cyberman in that show.

775Series 11 - Page 31 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 25 Sep 2018, 10:49 am

iank

iank
There are no words left, are there?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum