You are not connected. Please login or register

Series 11

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 40]

726Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 10:55 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater
I would clarify that under those conditions I would be more divided, not that I would, in sum, like the show any more than I do now.

@shan164 wrote:

Errrr .... I'm not quite sure about this approach. Wouldn't it be better if you a) liked it more than less and b) liked it as opposed to not?

In fact, wouldn't that apply for all of us?

In a lot of cases - yes.
In this instance, it is that something which we love has been abased into what bears no resemblance to that before, reformed now into a machine for misguided and antagonistic propaganda. That which only feigns relation to the old in-so-far as it can be used to deride it and its audience and then, in turn, to elevate the miserable egos of those now in charge.

Here - no, that would not be 'better'. Aside from the poor quality overall, politically – for a white male to benefit the show in this state would be a basic act of self-hatred and submission.

727Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 11:06 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
@shan164 wrote:OK, can someone please explain to me what we're going for with the Bubble from Abfab references? I get they kind of look similar but Jane Horrocks is an amazingly talented actor and singer (I love her take on Shirley Bassey singing Goldfinger), so ... help me out here please?

Jane Horrocks is a talented actress, but the character of Bubble was meant to be an annoying, gurning, lightweight, useless moron, who tries to act all cute and quirky, but just comes across as really, really annoying which is EXACTLY how Jodie seems to be playing the Doctor and how she seems to be in real life too Big Grin

728Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 11:43 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
Aside from the poor quality overall, politically – for a white male to benefit the show in this state would be a basic act of self-hatred and submission.

Exactly. This entire decision was based on nothing but anti men bigotry.

The people who pushed for it the most, the Whovian Feminisms, the Claudia Boleyn, even Jodie herself, don't give a damn about female heroes, or female representation. All they cared about was in taking a role away from men, who they all class together as privileged shitlords who need taken down a peg or too.

Hence why they only care about female versions of male characters like Missy instead of original female villains.

Again sorry to bring it up, but its true, these people NEVER watch, review or comment on female led series.

Where are Claudia Boleyn's videos on Xena, Buffy, Once Upon A Time, Star Trek Voyager, Ghost Whisperer, Alien, etc?

Jodie clearly doesn't have much respect for these shows and characters either, considering she insults them almost every day now by making out that apparently women have never had a strong heroic role to look up in the genre until her!

That's such a huge slap in the face to Sigourney Weaver, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lucy Lawless, Dana Delorenzo, Michelle Yeoh, Maggie Cheung, Gail Gaddot, Katey Sagal, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Lana Parilla, Tia Carrea, Kate Mulgrew, Lori Cardelle, Eliza Dushku, Mila Jovivich, Jennifer Morrison, Gina Torres, Neve Campbell, Jennifer Lawrence, Lynda Carter, Bryce Dallas Howard, Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan (even if she's a psycho) hell even Liz Sladen, Louise Jamieson, Mary Tamm, Sophie Aldred, Freema Agyeman and Billie Piper!

Its hilarious that in order to beef up this ONE actress, the feminist "fans", Chinballs, the cast and all of the others are insulting almost every other leading lady of the genre. LOL That's feminism for you in the 21st century though. Doesn't give a shit about women, as long as it can stick it to men. Literally a parody of its former self.

A further proof of this hypocrisy was the Mary Sue, who got angry when it was announced that Buffy was going to be played by a black woman. It argued that black people should be given their own heroes, and not just hand me downs of white heroes.

The Mary Sue: I Don't Want A Black Buffy

However when it was the Doctor being turned into a woman, they praised it, and insulted everyone not in favour of it as a sad, pathetic, manbaby living in his mum's basement (so much for their hatred of toxic masculinity. Apparently you never get big macho, tough guys who are sexists, its only wimpy, nerdy men LOL )

Sexist Doctor Who Fans React To Jodie's Casting

Clearly they don't mind women having hand me downs of other people's heroes, unlike black people. Why is that? Again because they can write insulting and nasty articles towards men, and gloat over little boys losing a role model when its the Doctor, and well who cares if women aren't actually benefiting by having the 14th version of a male hero, instead of their own character like Romana. We got to take it away from men/boys, that's all that matters.

They're petty, they're bigots, they're spoiled brats, they're liars, and they're bullies and that's why I refuse to in any way support Jodie's casting or series 11, and white men who do like Richard H Cucker, and Mr Tardis might as well just do this instead.

It would save so much more time.

729Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 12:44 pm

shan164

As part of the long-term Buffy crowd as well (surprise, surprise), with my crowd (when the WB closed down their linear board at buffy.com, we built our own which looked liked it), the general thought was there (and elsewhere) that the main objection was to a reboot in general more than anything else when you had all these previous seasons of world building.

So, once word came out that it would be a continuation a la Doctor Who (in this case the earlier characters are still in existence, as is their adventures and they could even appear), a black lead character (or any other colour) wasn't an issue. In our case, we were just lest than thrilled about not keeping and using the past (like what Charmed is doing apparently much to the lack of delight of the fans of the original).

Clarifications included suggested this was what they were always doing and it wasn't communicated clearly enough but there is the suspicion that it was a trial balloon to see what the reception would be to a full bore reboot and to the surprise of just about no-one ... not good, funnily enough.

Anyway, crisis averted and we're all good now.

730Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 1:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@burrunjor wrote:
Aside from the poor quality overall, politically – for a white male to benefit the show in this state would be a basic act of self-hatred and submission.

Exactly. This entire decision was based on nothing but anti men bigotry.

The people who pushed for it the most, the Whovian Feminisms, the Claudia Boleyn, even Jodie herself, don't give a damn about female heroes, or female representation. All they cared about was in taking a role away from men, who they all class together as privileged shitlords who need taken down a peg or too.

Hence why they only care about female versions of male characters like Missy instead of original female villains.

Again sorry to bring it up, but its true, these people NEVER watch, review or comment on female led series.

Where are Claudia Boleyn's videos on Xena, Buffy, Once Upon A Time, Star Trek Voyager, Ghost Whisperer, Alien, etc?

Jodie clearly doesn't have much respect for these shows and characters either, considering she insults them almost every day now by making out that apparently women have never had a strong heroic role to look up in the genre until her!

That's such a huge slap in the face to Sigourney Weaver, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Lucy Lawless, Dana Delorenzo, Michelle Yeoh, Maggie Cheung, Gail Gaddot, Katey Sagal, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Lana Parilla, Tia Carrea, Kate Mulgrew, Lori Cardelle, Eliza Dushku, Mila Jovivich, Jennifer Morrison, Gina Torres, Neve Campbell, Jennifer Lawrence, Lynda Carter, Bryce Dallas Howard, Shannon Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan (even if she's a psycho) hell even Liz Sladen, Louise Jamieson, Mary Tamm, Sophie Aldred, Freema Agyeman and Billie Piper!

Its hilarious that in order to beef up this ONE actress, the feminist "fans", Chinballs, the cast and all of the others are insulting almost every other leading lady of the genre.  LOL  That's feminism for you in the 21st century though. Doesn't give a shit about women, as long as it can stick it to men. Literally a parody of its former self.

A further proof of this hypocrisy was the Mary Sue, who got angry when it was announced that Buffy was going to be played by a black woman. It argued that black people should be given their own heroes, and not just hand me downs of white heroes.

The Mary Sue: I Don't Want A Black Buffy

However when it was the Doctor being turned into a woman, they praised it, and insulted everyone not in favour of it as a sad, pathetic, manbaby living in his mum's basement (so much for their hatred of toxic masculinity. Apparently you never get big macho, tough guys who are sexists, its only wimpy, nerdy men  LOL )

Sexist Doctor Who Fans React To Jodie's Casting

Clearly they don't mind women having hand me downs of other people's heroes, unlike black people. Why is that? Again because they can write insulting and nasty articles towards men, and gloat over little boys losing a role model when its the Doctor, and well who cares if women aren't actually benefiting by having the 14th version of a male hero, instead of their own character like Romana. We got to take it away from men/boys, that's all that matters.

They're petty, they're bigots, they're spoiled brats, they're liars, and they're bullies and that's why I refuse to in any way support Jodie's casting or series 11, and white men who do like Richard H Cucker, and Mr Tardis might as well just do this instead.

It would save so much more time.

Comments on the article:

"I'm sorry, men. I can't hear you over the waterfall of your tears."

"read ANY comment thread that isn't this one. It's nothing but broflakes freaking the heck out"

"God it's exhausting when they throw a temper tantrum the second people divert their attention to literally anyone else but them. They've been spoiled for way to long if they're so selfish they can't see what this might mean to a whole new generation of potential fans."

"*Holds out her chalice* Yes! Yes! Give me your tears men, they sustain me! Ohhhh-ho-ho-ho-ho!"

"Absolutely maddening that the narrative these men cling to is that only white men are deserving of any honor and that anyone else who receives a similar honor must have taken it by force from some more deserving man. Gah!"

"With the backlash from these idiots I hope there is never a male doctor again."

" I am very much enjoying the manbabies (and some ladybabies) complaining how Dr Who has now been ruined.... I feed off of their suffering...."

Remind me never to read another comment section on that site again.

731Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 2:10 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
"I'm sorry, men. I can't hear you over the waterfall of your tears."

"read ANY comment thread that isn't this one. It's nothing but broflakes freaking the heck out"

"God it's exhausting when they throw a temper tantrum the second people divert their attention to literally anyone else but them. They've been spoiled for way to long if they're so selfish they can't see what this might mean to a whole new generation of potential fans."

"*Holds out her chalice* Yes! Yes! Give me your tears men, they sustain me! Ohhhh-ho-ho-ho-ho!"

"Absolutely maddening that the narrative these men cling to is that only white men are deserving of any honor and that anyone else who receives a similar honor must have taken it by force from some more deserving man. Gah!"

"With the backlash from these idiots I hope there is never a male doctor again."

" I am very much enjoying the manbabies (and some ladybabies) complaining how Dr Who has now been ruined.... I feed off of their suffering...."

Remind me never to read another comment section on that site again.

Its hilarious that these people think that they are actually the tolerant ones who are fighting against the racists and the sexists. They are without doubt the most pathetic, nasty, sad group of fans I've ever had the misfortune to come across.

732Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 6:47 pm

Mott1

@burrunjor wrote:
I'd love to see Paul Cornell read some of the things you've said about him. He'd be wiping his tears away with pages from one of his crap New Adventure novels by the end of it  LOL.

There's only one thing you should use the pages of a Paul Cornell book to wipe away and it isn't tears.

LOL

Have a look at this beauty : -

https://variety.com/2018/tv/features/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-1202947830/

I like the way Jodie's pay is actually in the title of the article. Nothing about the role she always dreamed of playing or anything, then.

Just one of many wonderful quotes : -

"Benedict Cumberbatch struck a note for common sense. “It’s an alien,” Cumberbatch says. “Why can’t it be a woman? Why can’t it be any gender?”

To think that, until he helped fuck up Sherlock Holmes, I had some respect for him...

733Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 7:11 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
"The Doctor is not a character who resorts to punches or violence." - Chris Chibnall

Didn't he punch a racist in Series 10? I also recall him shooting the hell out of a Dalek in Resurrection of the Daleks so I don't quite know what the muppet is on about.

734Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 7:50 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
Maxil McCoy wrote:"The Doctor is not a character who resorts to punches or violence." - Chris Chibnall

Didn't he punch a racist in Series 10? I also recall him shooting the hell out of a Dalek in Resurrection of the Daleks so I don't quite know what the muppet is on about.

This is one of these myths the Fitzroy tavern crowd popularized in the 90s that just stuck. Its totally bogus.

The thing about the Doctor is that he is a very British hero. He doesn't want to, but he will kill if need be. He's like Avon, Sherlock Holmes and Peter Pan in this respect.

I think that's the key difference between British and American heroes. American heroes often NEVER kill like Superman, Batman (in most versions) Spider-Man (Buffy when its humans.)

Or if they do kill, then it will be a big deal like Wolverine, Punisher etc, and they will only kill because they are so tortured.

With British heroes like Holmes, the Doctor and Pan, it isn't like that. They kill people, like throwing Moriarty in a ravine, throwing Captain Hook into a Crocodile's mouth, or kicking the Master into a bottomless pit, trying to blow him up, or trapping him in a time loop, because its practical. And they won't angst about it either.

That's the attitude people should always have when writing the Doctor. He'll kill if he has to (which is often), won't angst about it, and he will use any means necessary, guns, swords, bombs, plagues, even wild animals (remember when he had Eckersly mauled to death by Aggedor?)

Also all of the Doctors bar Troughton fought fairly regularly.

Hartnell used his cane to beat up Robomen, Voords, Invisible aliens, his robot double, the Monk, Vikings, and beat the Monk and wrapped him up in bandages and locked him in a sarcophogus, overpowered and kicked an Aridian into a Mire beast and beat and even toyed with an armed Roman assassin!

Pertwee of course kicked serious ass. He beat up hordes of armed guys, and aliens like the Draconians, held his own with aliens with super strength like Ogrons and Sontarans, beat up the Master, and knocked UNIT soldiers like Yates and Benton out with his fingers!

Tom of course beat up Chinese assassins, knocked out an armed hit with a gun, smashed a chair over Scorby's head, knocked out Thal soldiers by clunking their heads together, beat up Harry and locked him upside down in a cupboard, regularly tripped badguys with his scarf, tossed Creel into a machine that killed him, dueled with Styre, beat up Goth and the Master, beat like 4 guys in a sword fight at once, and outfought the greatest swordsman in the land in Androids of Tara.

Peter also knocked out the armed guys in The Visitation, manhandeled Tereliptles and Daleks, and beat the Master in a sword fight.

Colin meanwhile beat up a homicidal armed cop, and manhandled Shockeye, and finally even 7 knocked out that annoying survival course guy, and Mordred with his fingers, overpowered the Master in Survival, and didn't play chicken with a homicidal cheetah man in a motorbike duel.

The Doctor taught the Mountain Mauler of Montana how to fight, and learned lessons from John L Sullivan himself! Troughton stood out in not kicking ass (but we can assume that's just because he was in too small and frail a body at that time. Obviously if you're a big guy like Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Colin Baker you're going to be more willing to batter a bad guy. Even McCoy was more agile than Troughton, whilst Davison was younger, and Hartnell looked as though he'd be tough when he was younger, in fact he was a former petty hoodlum and boxer too.)

IMO the new who Doctors bar the cringey punch a racist don't do enough fighting. Did Eccelston fight anybody? Tennant had two sword fights mind, but did he ever punch anybody? Did Matt ever enjoy a good punch up, like Hartnell, Pertwee or Tom?

735Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 8:23 pm

Zarius

Zarius
Matt punched out Bracewell in "Victory of the Daleks", but that was because he was a bomb...then they proceeded to sweet talk him out of exploding.

736Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 8:44 pm

Zarius

Zarius
Here's Chibnall's full production notes article from DWM:

"Mesopotamia."

That was the last word of dialogue to be filmed for this set of Doctor Who episodes, on set on Friday 3 August at Roath Lock Studios. Done, wrapped, finished.

It felt a long way from the first yell of "Action!" on Halloween last year. Back then, standing there in the dark, in our hard hats, we were pondering the wisdom of starting with such a complex and crucial sequence. And now here we are, out the other side, nearly ten months filming all done, on new stories, new characters - and a new Doctor.

It's thrilling to think there will be children encountering Jodie's Doctor in the next few weeks who've never seen the show before. She'll be forever their Doctor: every Doctor is a first Doctor for someone. And everybody reading this magazine knows that once this show lodges in your heart it never really lets go.

There's a new opening title sequence too, and a new arrangement of the opening theme, by our brilliant new composer Segun Akinola. You'll have to wait till episode two to see those in situ, though. Episode one starts slightly differently.

And in the UK this series has a new home - on Sunday nights. Why move from Saturday? Well, television and its viewership is changing faster and more dramatically than at any point in the medium's history. We're obligated to think about where and how Doctor Who sits in that modern world. Hence we're trying something new. Only time will tell (it usually does) how the show will fit there.

And while eyes will be on overnight TV ratings, they're only part of the picture. Even catch-up viewing (which historically has often accounted for almost 50 per cent of Doctor Who's ratings) is changing fast. There's not just +7 days figures (for viewers who record and watch in the same week), there's now +28 days figures too (for those who record and watch within a month). In the UK, as in the US, they're going to become equally (possibly more) important. (I don't know about you, but I rarely watch stuff other than Strictly and football live, and I rarely watch stuff I've recorded within a week). Then add in iPlayer - both catch-up and live stream requests. Live streams of people watching BBC One via iPlayer rather than via traditional means soared during the World Cup this year. (Confession number two: our newest main family TV isn't even connected to an aerial or a box - it's just online).

And even then, these episodes - that are as yet unseen - will be there long long long after their first transmission, on Netflix and Amazon and Apple and Google and all variety of global channels and platforms as yet undevised, for years and decades to come. Look at those past ten seasons sitting there on BBC iPlayer and Netflix in the UK - who would've ever dreamt that the 2005 series opener Rose would still be getting new viewers 13 years later? How do we calculate the metrics of all the people who've watched that episode now, all around the world, on the thousands of screenings, repeats, streams, downloads? What's the figure for Rose across +13 years? Television is changing so fast, we can't even measure it.

All that said, for this new series of Doctor Who, I can't help but harbour that old-fashioned desire for us to gather round the TV for the first transmission. I remember doing that for The Waters of Mars, which was broadcast on a Sunday in 2009, and it was magnificent. It's lodged in my head ever since.

So here is where Doctor Who needs you. Do the show you love a favour: introduce your holdout friends, family members and colleagues to Doctor Who on Sunday 7 October. We're in recruiting mode, and you are our best recruiting officers! Make sure everyone's done their homework and got their Monday morning clothes sorted. Break out the popcorn and hunker down for Sunday night adventures in space and time, with the Thirteenth Doctor and her new best friends. The journey's about to begin.

737Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 8:52 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
@Zarius wrote:Matt punched out Bracewell in "Victory of the Daleks", but that was because he was a bomb...then they proceeded to sweet talk him out of exploding.

Ah yes of course, wasn't what I'd really call a fight though. Hartnell at least beat the tar out of the Monk and the Roman, and won a sword fight and a er, cane fight LOL.

I think this "the Doctor doesn't use violence" myth, which I hate to say I bought into for a while is really annoying.

Not only is it patently untrue (and actually takes away one of the most enjoyable aspects of his character. Watching all the creative ways he kills his enemies. Its also led to the new version being a much bigger wimp than the classic era version.)

But its also often used in a smug way by Who fans to belittle other characters and heroes as somehow being lesser because they don't have to kill.

Ironically the Doctor is one of the most violent popular heroes of all time! I'd say that the only modern popular hero who comes close to genuinely solving problems with words and is genuinely peaceful ironically Captain Kirk who is often dismissed as being a typical big dumb action hero.

Think of how many Star Trek episodes end with him giving some big philosophical speech that wins round the aliens instead of blowing them up? Whilst he might fight a lot, how often does Captain Kirk kill his enemies? Even in Star Trek 3, when he kicks the Klingon into a pit, he kept trying to help him, until it really was too late. Hartnell would have smashed his head in right away IMO.

I don't think the Doctor has ever thought, "we're not going to kill today". He seems to quite enjoy it! LOL

738Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 9:46 pm

Zarius

Zarius

I declare reaction channels officially great.

739Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 10:17 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@burrunjor wrote:
I'd love to see Paul Cornell read some of the things you've said about him. He'd be wiping his tears away with pages from one of his crap New Adventure novels by the end of it  LOL.

There's only one thing you should use the pages of a Paul Cornell book to wipe away and it isn't tears.

I actually like his Human Nature novel but the rest are some of the worst in the entire range. The televised version is decent but I've never liked how he trapped the young girl in the mirror.

740Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 21 Sep 2018, 10:22 pm

iank

iank
@TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:I would clarify that under those conditions I would be more divided, not that I would, in sum, like the show any more than I do now.

@shan164 wrote:

Errrr .... I'm not quite sure about this approach. Wouldn't it be better if you a) liked it more than less and b) liked it as opposed to not?

In fact, wouldn't that apply for all of us?

In a lot of cases - yes.
In this instance, it is that something which we love has been abased into what bears no resemblance to that before, reformed now into a machine for misguided and antagonistic propaganda. That which only feigns relation to the old in-so-far as it can be used to deride it and its audience and then, in turn, to elevate the miserable egos of those now in charge.

Here - no, that would not be 'better'. Aside from the poor quality overall, politically – for a white male to benefit the show in this state would be a basic act of self-hatred and submission.

Oh I completely see your point. If they'd cast an actress I actually like, I suspect my head would have exploded with the cognitive dissonance. As it is, I had no previous opinion of her (which, given I watched about half the first season of Broadchurch is probably damning in itself LOL ) and everything I've seen from both glimpses of her performance and her conduct and comments in the media just makes it very, very easy to view her and the entire enterprise with the contempt it thoroughly deserves.

In fact, what's remarkable about all of it is how badly they've all conducted themselves, with even the onscreen trailers making it abundantly clear - as if we didn't know already - that this is all about the political virtue signalling and nothing more, and doing their level best to ensure any fans with even the slightest doubt will be certain to loathe them.

741Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 3:43 am

shan164

Maxil McCoy wrote:"The Doctor is not a character who resorts to punches or violence." - Chris Chibnall

I'm going to assume without even looking that someone's already linked to the obligatory "Doctor bust a cap" Youtube video whenever someone says something like this already.

742Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 3:54 am

shan164

Ah yes, that was the other Doctor bust a cap video.

743Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 1:43 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
Oh I completely see your point. If they'd cast an actress I actually like, I suspect my head would have exploded with the cognitive dissonance. As it is, I had no previous opinion of her (which, given I watched about half the first season of Broadchurch is probably damning in itself LOL ) and everything I've seen from both glimpses of her performance and her conduct and comments in the media just makes it very, very easy to view her and the entire enterprise with the contempt it thoroughly deserves.

TBH I'd be more pissed if they'd cast a really good actress like say Dawn Steele, Katie McGrath or Ingrid Oliver.

It was always going to be a silly idea, for well worn reasons now, and the actress would have been sure to suffer from playing a character that was always a man. As I've been over a gazillion times, how could she actually play it?

Would it be a man trapped in a woman's body which would be farcical. Think Joey in Friends when he plays the woman in a man's body "DON'T YOU RECOGNISE YOUR OWN MOTHER!" or the Futurama episode Neutopia.

Also even if it wasn't silly, it'd make you think "what's the point"?

Or would she have just abandoned all of her 13 male predecessors, and played her as a woman, in which case, she'd get the blame as the one who broke the chain after 50 years and no longer made it seem like the same character.

(Though to be fair Tennant and Eccelston already did that for being romantic, and Capaldi did for being a cuck, but you know what I mean, this one would be more obvious.)

Added to that given how SJW the BBC are (oh the irony for an organisation that spent decades handing young girls over to the worst perverts this country has ever seen.) And given what a smug, virtue signalling sack of shit Chinballs is, then whoever the leading lady was, she'd have to come out with the same PR virtue signalling nonsense of "I'm finally going to give women heroes of their own."

As it is Jodie is one of them. Even before she was cast in 2016, she said that she would only take roles that would allow her to combat sexism, and that actors have a moral duty to oppose Trump and Brext all the time in their work, etc.

So IMO her and the production team deserve one another. All as bad as each other, and all culpable in destroying Doctor Who.

744Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 4:40 pm

Bill

I wonder if she'll meet Boudicca and tell her to rebel against "male Romans". Or become Joan of Arc. Or inspire Mother Theresa. Or pretend to be Cleopatra. Or help "insert any female character in history here". Ironically showing that the show's "revolutionary" "Look! Women can be strong too!" attitude was always there, well before Chibnall.

I personally wonder if she'll be "The Virgin Queen" in disguise. Where she literally and intentionally fucks her past self.

Possible dialogue:
"Ooh all that testosterone, how could I stand it?"
"Aren't men simple?"
"Why do men always like fighting wars? Stupid!"
"It were Shakespeare's wife who wrote those plays you know!"

Oh how I miss Rodan and the Romanas. Nice Time Ladies who were comfortably female... and could certainly defend themselves without an SJW telling them how to think, talk and behave. That would be a story I would watch - where Romana's comfortable security about herself exposed the Thirteenth Doctor's patronising attitude about liberating women for all to see. "I'm already liberated thank you."

Time to buy popcorn and watch the show... I hope I will be sufficiently shamed for being a white male every week.

Also the wonderful Jacqueline Pearce's recent death reminded me how wonderful her character Servalan was. An incredibly strong female who no man could control, and who could run rings around men all the time. And that was 40 years ago... If we contrast Servalan with the Thirteenth Doctor, it sadly highlights how infantile the latter is, and how wonderful the former was.

745Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 7:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Chibnall: There are no [Daleks]!” he says. “I don’t know how many times I need to say it. There are no old monsters this series. OK?"

Sounds as if he's losing his cool LOL

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-09-22/chris-chibnall-i-dont-know-how-many-times-i-need-to-say-it-there-are-no-old-monsters-this-series/

746Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 7:53 pm

Zarius

Zarius
Much protesting
Too much protesting
LOL

747Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 8:14 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
The team must be pretty confident in the new foes. In fairness, the Dalek and Cybermen stories in recent years have been shambolic. Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks was the last one I truly enjoyed. The hate for it truly baffles me.

748Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 22 Sep 2018, 10:30 pm

iank

iank
Why would there be any old monsters anyway? They're not making Doctor Who, after all.

749Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 2:19 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth
Damn, are you guys still debating this turd?
I passed caring a long time ago, but dropping in here now has just reminded me to clear all that Doctor Who stuff from my shelves to make way for more interesting stuff, thanks.
Why would anyone want to watch this smug and arrogant abberation?
Even the thicko NuWho fans I know who knew fuck all about the Time Lords and their conventions and limitations and who were pumped up looking forward to a female Doctor have all decreed that this looks an utter turd.
Sunday evening? Hahahaha!
I won't be watching this crock of shite on principle, I refuse to give the BBC even a single web impression on it, but I'm looking forward to seeing the crap audience figures and immediate decline there after....

Then again, I'm not sure I can even be bothered doing that, life's too short.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

750Series 11 - Page 30 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sun 23 Sep 2018, 8:37 am

iank

iank
I only hope you're right, Rob. Knowing the idiocracy we live in, it'll be a massive success...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum