You are not connected. Please login or register

Series 11

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 40]

526Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 3:22 pm

shan164

https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comments/5i3c5m/peter_capaldi_from_being_the_reason_why_i_stopped/

This sort of comment pretty much sums things up for me in a nutshell.

"That's become something of a problem with NuWho. Almost all the companions are "normal" women who end up becoming the most important person in the universe. This works once or twice, but when it's almost all of them it stops being impactful. I think Martha's the only one who wasn't the most important person in the universe, she was merely the most important person on Earth for a bit."

(Full title of the discussion was actually "Peter Capaldi - From being the reason why I stopped watching Doctor Who to becoming one of my favorite doctors ever." lest anyone think I was trying to be misleading with the URL link.)

527Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 20 Aug 2018, 3:26 pm

Zarius

Zarius
Doctor Who Magazine have revealed the full list of new writers and directors

Writers
Malorie Blackman
Ed Hime
Peter McTighe
Vinay Patel
Joy Wilkinson

Directors
Sallie Aprahamian
Jamie Childs
Jennifer Perrott
Mark Tonderai

Joy wrote the recent Nicolas Nickelby adaptation, Vinay wrote the BBC III drama "Murdered by my Father", Hine wrote for "Skins", and McTinge wrote the opening episodes of the Prisoner Cell Block H reboot Wentworth

528Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Mon 20 Aug 2018, 8:13 pm

shan164

@Zarius wrote:Doctor Who Magazine have revealed the full list of new writers and directors

Writers
Malorie Blackman
Ed Hime
Peter McTighe
Vinay Patel
Joy Wilkinson

Directors
Sallie Aprahamian
Jamie Childs
Jennifer Perrott
Mark Tonderai

Joy wrote the recent Nicolas Nickelby adaptation, Vinay wrote the BBC III drama "Murdered by my Father", Hine wrote for "Skins", and McTinge wrote the opening episodes of the Prisoner Cell Block H reboot Wentworth

https://io9.gizmodo.com/doctor-whos-11th-season-is-being-created-by-a-very-dive-1828462169

529Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 11:10 am

Cunnus Maximus

Cunnus Maximus
Who writes these fucking articles?

And why is everyone in the media - from the bloggers to the producers - ideologically fixated on 'diversity' and representation? Did they all do the same media studies course?

530Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 11:46 am

shan164

The comments are where the really good stuff usually is.

I'm in full agreement with "We don't care who's in it and who's making it as long as it's good.".

531Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 8:55 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
Series 11 - Page 22 39616913_10156494207794002_7777482729859317760_n

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

How can anyone who is a fan defend this?

PS I say that in the spirit of diversity and inclusiveness Piers Wenger should step down and allow a woman of colour to take over the BBC. Big Grin

He seems awful happy for other people to lose their jobs for diversity except for his (which is the most expendable position, yet the most high profile.)

532Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Tue 21 Aug 2018, 10:31 pm

iank

iank
Past caring.
It's dead Jim.

533Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 6:51 am

shan164

"Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors ..."

No, that statement isn't going to come back and haunt anybody at all.

534Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:29 pm

Zarius

Zarius
Possible airdate confirmation: Sunday the 23rd of September

https://www.sidereel.com/tv-premieres-finales-calendar?date=September+2018

535Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:38 pm

tardis

tardis
@shan164 wrote:"Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors ..."

Katy Manning even weighed in. She's not happy:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ManningOfficial/status/1032309862380789766/actions

I have never seen her say anything negative about anything with Doctor Who, until this.

Last edited by tardis on Wed 22 Aug 2018, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quoted the wrong reply)

536Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 3:47 am

shan164

@tardis wrote:
@shan164 wrote:"Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors ..."

Katy Manning even weighed in.  She's not happy:  
https://mobile.twitter.com/ManningOfficial/status/1032309862380789766/actions

I have never seen her say anything negative about anything with Doctor Who, until this.  

"Sorry, that page doesn't exist!"

So, what did she say before the Internet ate it?

537Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 4:44 am

tardis

tardis
Oops sorry about that. Screen shot. Series 11 - Page 22 D7da0010

538Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 5:00 am

shan164

Good thing you have the powers of time travel.

539Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 5:25 am

tardis

tardis
Not sure what you mean by that? The link worked fine for me. She didn’t delete the tweet. I just screencapped in case others had problems with the link.

540Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 6:47 am

shan164

I did think she'd deleted it when I clicked on that link but after I posted that the link was seemingly broken, I then I went looking for the tweet of the guy she was answering to and found it was still there.

(I meant when I thought it was lost to the past by being deleted, as you're the Tardis ... or at least a tardis ...)

541Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 9:18 am

iank

iank
It's fucking civil war, baby. Big Grin

542Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 9:45 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
This is what I've been saying all along!

Its so fucking annoying. Doctor Who is NOT all about change. Its got a template to it as if it didn't then it wouldn't fucking exist!

Why is the TARDIS still a blue box? Why are the Daleks still space Nazis? Why are the Daleks there at all? Why is the theme still the same?

Similarly the Doctor has a core template to his personality that separates him from other heroes. Bob Holmes, Terrance Dicks, Terry Nation, Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee, John Nathan Turner, Graham Williams, Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy ALL said that and played, wrote him that way.

Its cunts like Paul Cornell that are to blame for the mess we are in now. Not just because of their PC bullshit, but because they also in the 90s pioneered this disastrous Doctor Who is all about change, so all change is good argument.

I don't really have much time for Katy Manning on this however. Whilst I'm sure she is a lovely woman, and I like Jo Grant, ultimately she defended Missy and said she was brilliant. Seriously? Katy if you're reading this what the fuck did you think Missy would lead to!

Missy junked every single aspect of the Masters character. She threw away all 3 of his motivations, lust for power, revenge on the Doctor, desire to prolong his own life, she threw away all of his time honoured characteristics, his manipulative side, his habit of placing himself in a position of power and using that to frame the Doctor, his hypnotic qualities, even little things like his love of disguises, shrinking people, his look with the dark clothes, beard etc, were obviously gone too.

Missy wasn't the Master in any way shape or form, but Katy praised her nonetheless. That allowed the New Who team to get away with it. If they could completely trash an icon of the show like that to the point where nothing remained of him, then why not the Doctor?

543Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 10:01 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko
"Oh, you know that fictional character you're so fond of? Well, they've changed - they're no longer unusual or eccentric, they're now energetic and spirited, but most importantly, they're just like you, and like everybody else.  The very thing that made them special and different has gone.  Isn't that a good thing?"

Confused

544Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 7:39 pm

Mott1

@burrunjor wrote:Missy junked every single aspect of the Masters character. She threw away all 3 of his motivations, lust for power, revenge on the Doctor, desire to prolong his own life, she threw away all of his time honoured characteristics, his manipulative side, his habit of placing himself in a position of power and using that to frame the Doctor, his hypnotic qualities, even little things like his love of disguises, shrinking people, his look with the dark clothes, beard etc, were obviously gone too.

Maybe Missy kept Delgado's beard - down below! That would keep the new incarnation 'canon'. LOL

545Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Thu 23 Aug 2018, 9:30 pm

tardis

tardis
@burrunjor wrote:I don't really have much time for Katy Manning on this however. Whilst I'm sure she is a lovely woman, and I like Jo Grant, ultimately she defended Missy and said she was brilliant. Seriously? Katy if you're reading this what the fuck did you think Missy would lead to!

That was my point in posting her words. I have never seen her agree with/post ANYTHING negative about any aspect of Doctor Who (I believe she also said "Sleep No More" was one of the best episodes she had ever seen - yuck!). The fact that she agreed with something negative speaks volumes (even if today she's backtracking a little).

546Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 24 Aug 2018, 3:25 am

shan164

Well, no-one's going to agree on everything, though are they? It'd be very dull if they did.

547Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 24 Aug 2018, 3:42 am

tardis

tardis
Very true, but her level of optimism was sometimes Jo Grant level of naiveté. [lol]

548Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Fri 24 Aug 2018, 3:48 am

shan164

She seems like a generally upbeat and positive person in real life too.

549Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:16 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
Looked at Whovian Feminism's twitter feed for the first time in a couple of months for some laughs and she didn't disappoint.

First and foremost more lesbian art with the Doctor. This time its between the Doctor and the TARDIS.

I wonder if she'll post one that's Missy, the Doctor and the TARDIS having a threesome.

Series 11 - Page 22 DlTycwMU0AAO-_0

Do you remember in that unbelievably obnoxious Claudia Boleyn video where she told those of us who don't like a female Master that we were sexist fans who wouldn't be missed, and that one of the things they wouldn't miss was the way we constantly objectified the female companions. Oh the irony LOL LOL LOL LOL I never drew pictures of Ingrid Oliver and Freema Agyeman licking each other.

PS again its hilarious to think that a character originated by William Hartnell, who is still meant to BE William Hartnell under the surface is inspiring lesbian art LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

On top of that we get more tweets about how marvellous it is that there are black people in DW.

I would die for the new Doctor Who writing team

Doctor Who Representation

A show made by idiots for idiots.

550Series 11 - Page 22 Empty Re: Series 11 on Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:24 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
Oh and SJWs are angry that too much of the new series is written by men.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Doctor Who Getting Heat For Male Writing Team

DON'T PANDER TO SJWS!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum