Genkimonk
Defeatment
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 40]

401Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2018, 11:00 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

CDR Maxil wrote:I believe you have a warped mindset.

The clinical facts and my own past work would indicate otherwise. But whatever, I really don't care what people think of my views. The proof is out there to be seen in every facet of shared public life now.

Or do gay pride parades complete with naked nutjobs scaring children not indicate a problem?

402Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2018, 11:27 am

Zarius

Zarius

Over on one of Doctor Freedom's Youtube videos (a new series kissass who recently had a video on the new photos taken down by the Beeb, so he's pissed at them now) , I read the testimony of one sell out fan who said "like me, the old show is dated" praised the youth of today for embracing Jodie, said Matt was his favourite modern Doctor, and said the show was getting better and better.

I told him to stay on his lawn, that the old show still holds up and runs rings over the modern stuff, that Matt Smith's era ages like milk, and pointed out to him the "youth" he praises get over emotional at really badly acted scenes, laugh at bad jokes, and are outraged by everything reality has to throw at them. I also pointed out that the show's reputation is very much the kind of thing that gets your arse kicked in the playground for still liking.

403Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2018, 11:33 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

I can empathise with the view.

Homosexuality should be accepted, not encouraged.

More so with something like transsexualism which explicitly results in a lowered quality of life.

404Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2018, 11:38 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Zarius wrote:Over on one of Doctor Freedom's Youtube videos (a new series kissass who recently had a video on the new photos taken down by the Beeb, so he's pissed at them now) , I read the testimony of one sell out fan who said "like me, the old show is dated" praised the youth of today for embracing Jodie, said Matt was his favourite modern Doctor, and said the show was getting better and better.

I told him to stay on his lawn, that the old show still holds up and runs rings over the modern stuff, that Matt Smith's era ages like milk, and pointed out to him the "youth" he praises get over emotional at really badly acted scenes, laugh at bad jokes, and are outraged by everything reality has to throw at them. I also pointed out that the show's reputation is very much the kind of thing that gets your arse kicked in the playground for still liking.

'Converted' Classic fans are worse than plain NuWho fans. At least with the latter I can understand it as a facet of some developmental deficiency.

405Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2018, 12:45 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Or do gay pride parades complete with naked nutjobs scaring children not indicate a problem?

Gay pride parades are among the most pathetic, self indulgent crap I've ever seen.

However you are making a mistake in lumping all gay people together like this. This is IMO what the SJWs want.

They can easily smear you as a bigot by equating themselves to all women, all LGBT people and all black people. Truth be told most black people, LGBT people and women hate modern feminists, as anyone with a brain would.

Here take a look at what Douglas Murray a gay man has to say about this LGBT identity politics crap.

The SJWs are stoking prejudice by equating their own hateful politics to entire groups of people. Of course when homophobia and racism does spring up again, these arseholes who go on LGBT marches will be the last people to stand up against it. They only do that because there is no fear of persecution. Posers the lot of them.

406Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2018, 2:36 pm

shan164

TheTimeTraveller wrote:
shan164 wrote:Look, I just thought it was nice that the thing that many of them have said over the years which is that once you're the Doctor, you're the member of a special club seemed to be holding. Remember, the article itself said Christopher Eccleston hasn't attended one of these before, so I doubt he's actively out there hunting down convention money.

You must have missed the controversy over how much Eccleston was charging for his autograph at this carnival of oddities.

I found my way here from Gallifrey Base, I'm not completely naive. Maybe I should rephrase and say they could be making even more convention money if they really set their mind to it then.

407Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 2nd August 2018, 2:46 pm

shan164

"Its hilarious to think that these two characters here

Could end up as the inspiration behind some sexy lesbian art. Its surreal. I feel like the whole world has gone mad LOL and I'm the only sane person left (apart from the people here.)"

I've made no secret since I arrived here that I like "enough" of the new show for my purposes but I won't deny when I see it written like that, it does make you think.

I did like that with Tom Baker especially, he may look human but he was definitely otherworldly (as cemented by "You're a very beautiful woman ... probably." in City of Death) though that was most likely the case with Tom Baker and people in real life as well.

That is something that is missing, that sense of distance, mystery, and unknowingness (OK, maybe that last one exactly isn't a word but I think it conveys what I mean). Looks like us but is not us. Definitely truth in familiarity breeds contempt, isn't there?

408Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2018, 10:53 am

Mott1

Mott1

Good point Shan. The old Doctors looked human but were not like humanity, they didn't prattle on about mobile phones or social media etc. What will Jodie's do - start going on FaceTime!?

409Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2018, 7:17 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Series 11 - Page 17 185?cb=20180206002639

Series 11 - Page 17 Tumblr_p1s4ldlcl51st6ikno1_1280

I really do think she's going to play it as Bubble from Ab Fab.

410Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 3rd August 2018, 9:00 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Moffat's fan show interview concludes

411Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 4th August 2018, 9:25 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:Moffat's fan show interview concludes

Not looked at the interview yet. TBH I have no real plans to. Looking at some of the feedback of it on twitter, and it seems to be full of the usual SJW pandering crap.

Its sad in a way I might have been interested in hearing what he had to say about the show back in 2013.

Oh Claudia Boleyn is praising it too. That should be enough to put any genuine fan of the series off. She's also using it as an excuse to call all of us who don't want a female Doctor sexist white men.

Sexist and Absurd

As Though We Needed To Be Made Ready By These White Blokes

I really wouldn't tug at that thread if I were Claudia. Since she blocked me due to lack of an argument I'll briefly repeat my three main points here.

To start with what makes her think that there weren't just as many women and black people who hated this change? Since when was the Doctor an alien who could change into anyone? Hulk Hogan, Arnold Schwazenegger, could they have been the Doctor? And does that mean Susan can be Brian Blessed? Romana, Vinnie Jones?

And why does Claudia NEVER watch female led series? This is the question everyone should ask her all the time. Never even a peep about Xena, Buffy, Charmed, Earth 2, Star Trek Voyager, Nikita, Ghost Whisperer, or anything like that on her channel. Instead its all reviews of Sherlock, DW, Merlin etc. Could it be that she doesn't care about female led shows and only in taking roles away from men who she can then insult as sexists? Its even more damning for her as there are female counterparts to all of the shows she likes. Merlin=Xena, Charmed=Supernatural and Buffy=Class/Torchwood. Yet bizarrely when there are two pretty similar shows, in all instances she goes for the one starring a male hero? Seems she should practice what she preaches in learning to accept female heroes.

412Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 4th August 2018, 9:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

They're all so boring and stale. MrTardisReviews is the worst one because I actually liked him at one point. We both liked Baker and we both hated Hell Bent. It was all going so well. Now he's as bad as Whovian Feminist and the like. I wish people would take a stand instead of opting to be a submissive cuck.

413Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 4th August 2018, 9:40 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Will never happen, Maxil.

Not while there are men so far down the pecking order romantically that their only chance of garnering female attention is to be a lackey.

'Male feminism' is self-volitive slavery.

414Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 4th August 2018, 9:54 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

People that are sexually and romantically frustrated should channel their energies into something more productive instead. Hit the gym, find employment and find a good hobby you're passionate about. You won't climb to the very top of the pecking order but at least you'll be in a position where you won't have to lick the boots of women in order to attract them.

415Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 9:58 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

CDR Maxil wrote:They're all so boring and stale. MrTardisReviews is the worst one because I actually liked him at one point. We both liked Baker and we both hated Hell Bent. It was all going so well. Now he's as bad as Whovian Feminist and the like. I wish people would take a stand instead of opting to be a submissive cuck.

I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as Whovian Feminism. People like her are the ones who caused all of this shit. Also to be fair to him, I just got into an argument with Mr Tardis and he was reasonably civil. I was actually more aggressive I hate to say at first ( I'm just so used to fighting with these people LOL.)

Whovian Feminism however can't defend any of her arguments and will try and make out that your opinion is worth less because you are white and a man, so she's a racist as well as being a moron who can't debate with anyone.

However at the same time I can understand your greater frustration with people like Mr Tardis as they are the people who ultimately sold us out. Through a combination of being too shit scared to stand up to a bunch of blue haired spoiled brats, wanting to feel superior, and yes as Boofer said in some cases (not saying this is the case with Mr Tardis in particular) wanting to get laid, they were complicit in the destruction of their favourite franchises.

The feminist fans are just mad dogs, self loathing fanboys like Mofftwat are the people who let them loose!

416Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 11:06 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Are there any actual Doctor Who reviewers out there that despise NuWho just as much as us and absolutely hate what they've done with the Doctor's character over the years? Pretty much every single one I come across seems to have absolutely no problem with NuWho whatsoever, and it's really fucking depressing.

417Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 11:25 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Some of the stuff he considers "toxic" are actually genuine concerns made by a large group of fans. Not everything is sexist.

Last edited by CDR Maxil on 5th August 2018, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

418Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 11:27 am

shan164

DeadManRising wrote:Are there any actual Doctor Who reviewers out there that despise NuWho just as much as us and absolutely hate what they've done with the Doctor's character over the years? Pretty much every single one I come across seems to have absolutely no problem with NuWho whatsoever, and it's really fucking depressing.

Just re-iterating on the record what I said when I first got here that I view the current iteration of the show in a net positive light.

419Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 11:29 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

CDR Maxil wrote:Some of the stuff he considers "toxic" are actually genuine concerns made by fans.

420Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 11:30 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:
CDR Maxil wrote:Some of the stuff he considers "toxic" are actually genuine concerns made by fans.

LOL LOL LOL

421Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 11:31 am

shan164

Mott1 wrote:Good point Shan. The old Doctors looked human but were not like humanity, they didn't prattle on about mobile phones or social media etc. What will Jodie's do - start going on FaceTime!?

It's actually interesting to note across how hilariously wrong in hindsight predictions of the future and future technology can be as we often end up viewing it through the prism of our present experience (edit: and then extrapolating what we think the future will look like based on that).

Revenge of the Cybermen - still recording on reel to reel tape.

Event Horizon - spot on with something that looked uncannily like an iPad playing back video. Less so that the ship's log was using what looked just like video discs in 2047.

422Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 6:07 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Watched a bit of the Mofftwat interview after all (yes I am really that bored.) Switched off after about 3 or 4 mins.

Jesus Christ this guy is deluded.

He thinks that after Missy everybody became eager to see a female Doctor and that he hasn't heard a single negative word about Jodie's casting.

He also said that Missy was an unqualified success and that Michelle Gomez won everybody over, and that nobody ever didn't think of her as not being the Master.

When you're that deluded why not just say the sky is purple, elephants live on the moon, antelope's eat lions and birds are monkeys who don't eat enough spinnach. Why not? None of those things is as ridiculous as Missy being anything other than contemptible shit!

423Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 6:55 pm

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

burrunjor wrote:He thinks that after Missy everybody became eager to see a female Doctor and that he hasn't heard a single negative word about Jodie's casting.

The 10K dislikes on Jodie's reveal trailer and the mass deletion of negative comments when said trailer was first uploaded on Youtube would say otherwise.

424Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 7:42 pm

shan164

Well, I guess we'll all know when the viewing figures are in.

425Series 11 - Page 17 Empty Re: Series 11 5th August 2018, 7:51 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

DeadManRising wrote:
the mass deletion of negative comments when said trailer was first uploaded on Youtube

Wow, did they actually? That's really pathetic. They're basically sticking their fingers into their ears and saying "lalalalalala" over and over again when someone questions their flawed decision making.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum