You are not connected. Please login or register

I don't get the hate for K9

+2
Boofer
burrunjor
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I don't get the hate for K9 Empty I don't get the hate for K9 15th October 2017, 5:11 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I'm not a huge fan, but TBH he's kind of a bit too unimportant for me to actively hate.

It might just be with everything that's happened in the Capaldi era I look on him more favourably, but still I never got the overwhelming hatred fans have for him. He's just a prop who doesn't even have that big a role in the show.

I actually prefer him to the sonic screwrdiver TBH. That was not only more silly, but also became far more of a deux machina. Even in old who (Though granted it wasn't to the extent that he could create blow job stones with it in new who.)

Anybody else feel this way or is K9 despised even here?

2I don't get the hate for K9 Empty Re: I don't get the hate for K9 15th October 2017, 5:54 pm

Boofer

Boofer

K-9 feels rather gimmicky in retrospect. John Leeson does his best to lend some kind of performance, but it's more of an annoyance in an era when you've got great chemistry between Liz, Mary and Tom being interrupted by a know-it-all robot.

It was a get out of jail free card, no doubt. Worse than the sonic because you often had to wait for the novelty watering can to turn up after being told to 'stay' somewhere.

3I don't get the hate for K9 Empty Re: I don't get the hate for K9 15th October 2017, 7:01 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

K-9 is one of those compromises you make when watching family entertainment. Maybe if I had grown up watching him I would have appreciated him more, but his character was always going to be limited and eventually became a device for dispensing jokes.

Romana: Uh, K-9, what is tennis?
K9: Real, lawn or table, mistress?
Romana: Never mind. Forget it.
K9: Forget. Erase memory banks concerning tennis.

That one was the best.

The way the Doctor points the sonic like a weapon now makes me cringe

4I don't get the hate for K9 Empty Re: I don't get the hate for K9 15th October 2017, 9:12 pm

Richayard

Not a weapon, a magic fucking wand

5I don't get the hate for K9 Empty Re: I don't get the hate for K9 15th October 2017, 10:09 pm

iank

iank

I love K9, always have, always will.
Some people are just miserable feckers, let's face it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6I don't get the hate for K9 Empty Re: I don't get the hate for K9 17th October 2017, 12:42 pm

Zarius

Zarius

He never knew the fucking answer when it was important Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum