You are not connected. Please login or register

Dalek Movies: A Great Alternate Interpretation or a Load of Old Shit?

Well?

14% 14% [ 1 ]
43% 43% [ 3 ]
14% 14% [ 1 ]
14% 14% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
14% 14% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm not a fan myself, I thought the tv stories did it better.

For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com
www.theinfolist.com/php/SummaryGet.php?FindGo=Innes%20Lloyd

"They eventually cast character actor Patrick Troughton, having previously considered another actor, Peter Jeffrey, as well as Peter Cushing, who had played Dr. Who in two Dr. Who movies."

drwhointerviews.wordpress.com/category/peter-cushing/

there was an interview with Peter Cushing in which he says that the BBC talked to him about taking over on the TV series - the relevant quote is near the bottom of this page

He also mentions being asked back for a Tom Baker story, which if I remember rightly was for Dr. Solon in The Brain of Morbius.

View user profile
For what they are they are OK. The first is just a dull retread and the second... Yeah, I suppose you could say the same but I enjoy it much more. They feel much more like H.G. Wells' The Time Machine which I prefer. I think if you remember they are aimed at different audiences it's easier to be forgiving. They are less dramatic than the series though. And have the same misplaced humour.

I also prefer the Robomen from the film adaptation with their blank stares rather than the lumbering zombies from the TV series. Cool

View user profile
I love them but I don't know how much of that is down to childhood affection or not?

I think they are beautifully directed, Cushing's Who is a lovely character for kids and the Daleks are effective. They don't hold back in making them evil and parallels for the Nazi's.

IMO the second is actually better than the tv serial. Its ending makes more sense and it cuts out the fluff. Though to be fair Hartnell's good bye is the most moving moment, but still overall I think the Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 AD is the best of the 4 stories.

View user profile
A load of old shit. I find them completely unwatchable myself.

View user profile
Can't go wrong with Castle and Cribbons. They steal 'em

View user profile
The Dalek designs look taller, chunkier and more stable, making them look more intimidating. The BBC even hired three of them for The Chase which was broadcast before the film’s release. Others were sent to the Cannes Film Festival in 1965 to promote the film.

Here is a pic, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/5324276/The-golden-age-of-the-Cannes-Film-Festival.html?image=16

View user profile
The movies are what got me into Who. They are pretty cack though, but I love them.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum