You are not connected. Please login or register

The New "It Begins" thread- Without the BS of cabbageboy and Mike

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

I didn't know historicals had ever gone away...

View user profile
What if Whittaker isn't playing the first female Doctor at all?

What if the Doctor's body changes sex, but 'he' still identifies as a man?

That way Jodie becomes the first female actress to play the role and the first trans Doctor! LOL

If Chibnall is willing to go with a female Doctor, then surely he's up for doubling his diversity points with the BBC top brass?

Very Happy

What if the Doctor's body changes sex, but 'he' still identifies as a man?

That way Jodie becomes the first female actress to play the role and the first trans Doctor!  LOL

If Chibnall is willing to go with a female Doctor, then surely he's up for doubling his diversity points with the BBC top brass?

Very Happy

This is exactly the problem I have with a female Doctor.

How are they actually going to write her or play her?

IMO the pro female Doctor advocates never thought that far ahead.

Is Jodie going to play the Doctor as a man trapped in a woman's body in which case what was the point in the first place? All this fuss of "oh my god she's such a great opportunity for a female hero" and actually no she is going to have to act like a dude LOL

Or are they just going to ignore all previous Doctors and write her as a totally female character in which case its kind of stupid.

Meanwhile they can't actually write her as a trans character. In no way are they comparable. Trans people WANT to change gender, feel as though they were born in the wrong body and change to be the gender they feel comfortable in.

So she's the complete opposite of that. They can't exactly have her not notice being a woman either. Are Time Lords Sontarans? Did the Doctor think Amy Pond was a bloke?

Again I still say why not just bring back Romana and half an actual trans character be the Doctors companion? That way everybody wins in terms of having a character represent them (and hey people who don't care about representation but think its a silly idea don't hvae the show ruined for them?)

From their own perspective they've shot themselves in the foot too.

View user profile

View user profile
Zarius wrote:

Fantastic video.

View user profile
The Doctor refutes Bill's suggestion in Smile that he gets double portions cos he's a bloke by explaining that the bots register him as having two hearts which makes Bill look a bit silly, in my opinion. So he has shorn that particular one of context in order to make a point.

I think he had some good examples, such as the "I'll slap you so hard you will regenerate," joke. His point there is actually aided by context as she slaps him a lot in series 8 and that is disgraceful from Moffat.

Overall, that vid is a very mixed bag. Some good points, some not so good. I wonder why he stops at third wave feminism, though?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum