You are not connected. Please login or register

The New "It Begins" thread- Without the BS of cabbageboy and Mike

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

As the other thread has now completely been taken over by the childish BS between Cabbageboy and Mike, I thought I'd restart the thread here.

The Radio times last week has another article basially saying anyone who disagrees with a famale doctor needs to be ashamed. Now, Colin Baker is pretty much saying fuck all those who switch off. My respect for him has all but gone.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-18/colin-baker-on-the-first-female-doctor-if-we-do-lose-some-fans-we-will-gain-many-more

There are legiitimate, non sexist concerns as to why people appose this decision, and the fact the BBC is treating all such concerns as sexist shows that there really is a strong liberal bias in the BBC.

I also think former actors should refrain from voicing their vews. It isn't helping.

View user profile

Mike

avatar
Dick Tater
Laughing Fuck off, Monk. Very Happy

View user profile
It's lose-lose for other Doctors, they can't really keep quiet because it can be construed as giving Jodie cold shoulder treatment, but at the same time if they must comment, try to do so in a way that lends encouragement to her without taking a stake in other people's opinions. If you're positive while doing that, you'll like still get toasted on twitter, but not half as badly by one radical extreme on either side for taking a more thorough stance either way.

I'm going to watch ''Trust Me'' tonight to get a feel for Jodie.

View user profile
@Zarius wrote:It's lose-lose for other Doctors, they can't really keep quiet because it can be construed as giving Jodie cold shoulder treatment, but at the same time if they must comment, try to do so in a way that lends encouragement to her without taking a stake in other people's opinions. If you're positive while doing that, you'll like still get toasted on twitter, but not half as badly by one radical extreme on either side for taking a more thorough stance either way.

I'm going to watch ''Trust Me'' tonight to get a feel for Jodie.

They could just wish her the best of luck and then refrain from saying anything else. Baker seems to be supporting, if not encouraging the behavior of the SJWs that have so far driven quite a number of people away, including one former Doctor.

View user profile
The Radio times last week has another article basially saying anyone who disagrees with a famale doctor needs to be ashamed. Now, Colin Baker is pretty much saying fuck all those who switch off. My respect for him has all but gone.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-07-18/colin-baker-on-the-first-female-doctor-if-we-do-lose-some-fans-we-will-gain-many-more

There are legiitimate, non sexist concerns as to why people appose this decision, and the fact the BBC is treating all such concerns as sexist shows that there really is a strong liberal bias in the BBC.

I also think former actors should refrain from voicing their vews. It isn't helping

Indeed I've been saying this for years ever since Missy first pranced onto the screen. Everybody on places like GB called me a right wing conspiracy theorist, but I still maintain that identity politics is ironically the greatest weapon against true left wing politics ever devised. Its sad that its taken over Doctor Who, though it makes sense as DW was always a fairly liberal, progressive series.

And yes Colin has been a big let down here.

It really annoyed me the way Colin said those of us who don't want a female Doctor think we own the show.

We don't. We just don't see the need to make such a big change. I'm happy for any change to happen in the show as long as there is a reason for it. With a female Doctor so far NO ONE has provided a reason as to why it should happen other than just abuse to all those who don't want it.

Those who don't want it, which includes everyone from Rob Filth to fucking Peter Davison have actually given proper reasons!

Also Colin is making himself look like a moron and a hypocrite by going on about "finally little girls will have someone to look up too." First of all for all his virtue signalling, hilariously all he is doing is just showing us that he actually has 0 interest in things starring female heroes.

What Xena, Buffy, Resident Evil, Once Upon A Time, Nikita, Jessica Jones, I Zombie, Sleepy Hollow, Charmed, Relic Hunter, The Bionic Woman, Underworld, Ghost Whisperer, Dollhouse, Tru Calling, Scream 1, 2, 3, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Charlies Angels original and remake, Star Trek Voyager, Earth 2, I know What You Did Last Summer 1 and 2, Alien 1, 2, 3 and 4, Terminator 1 and 2, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Dark Angel, Wonder Woman tv series, Survivors, original and remake, none of these things mattered for shit did they Colin?

Clearly they didn't as apparently its only just now that little girls are getting someone to look up to. Cheers for just insulting all of those great female led series.

Also Colin blasted Peter Davison who said that boys need role models by saying "little boys can look up to a female Doctor" is by his own logic extremely hypocritical. By that logic Colin why not just keep the Doctor as a male and little girls can still look up to him.

Colin's just shooting himself in the foot here. I still love his Doctor and I'm not saying he's a bad guy for this, but at the same time I completely understand why many fans won't be queing up to get his autograph after telling us all that we're sexists and pathetic, and think we own it.

View user profile
but not half as badly by one radical extreme on either side for taking a more thorough stance either way.

Not having a go at you personally Zarius but I really do wish people would stop pretending that the anti female Doctor side is just as bad.

We really, really, really aren't.

Case in point we haven't chased Colin Baker off twitter unlike Peter Davison. Also they are the ones who not only chased Moffat off of twitter too, but bullied him into doing it all their way for the past 4 years. The whole show and its spin off has been catered to them because they whined the loudest.

Also I'd say about 98 percent of anti female Doctor people's concerns are about the show and nothing else.

Me and Rob and Peter Davison and Iank have all said that we don't like it for various reasons that are to do with character. As much as I dislike SJW's not once have I said "I hope the new Doctor is a white man just to piss them off."

I've said that I don't like the idea because there are only two ways you can have a character change gender and make it work. 1/ have the character be like a real transexual, IE want to change gender, or write them as genderless from the start.

Now neither of these options works for the Doctor or indeed any time lord. As we all know there is a template that all time lord characters follow throughout their lives, and in all cases their genders were clearly a part of that.

Also in terms of what we have seen it doesn't work either. Yes they never said Time Lords couldn't change gender, but so what? They never said they couldn't morph into Dinosaurs too. To me that's like Vyvian's argument about fixing the video "It didn't say don't pour washing up liquid into it".

We've seen time lords across old who, big finish, spin off material and even pre 2014 new who use up whole regeneration cycles and not once do they change gender. So there are only two options.

1/ They can control them (which has been hinted at many times like the Master and Romana) In that case time lords clearly are NOT gender neutral as they clearly have a preference like humans.

2/ Its at random in which case its even more stupid if the Doctor becomes a woman as that means that 13 male regenerations were just flukes?

Its too late to make time lords gender neutral and that's why I, and others like Iank, and Rob don't want to see Brian Blessed play Susan or Vinne Jones play Romana either.

God imagine being David when Susan morphs into Brian Blessed "AM I NOT STILL THE WOMAN YOU LOVED DAAAAAAAVVVIIIIIIDDDDDD!!!!".

A bit different than if Susan morphs into Morven Christie or even someone older like Alison King, but sadly thanks to the SJW's the Brian Blessed scenario can actually happen in the show now!

However so many of the pro female Doctor people's responses are just to get back at various people. Whole articles about "HAHAHAHAHA I'm glad this is making all the white, hetero fanboys heads explode." The fact that Colin is joining them and attacking the people who've given him a living for the past 30 years is shit IMO.

View user profile
After the disgusting way someone as placid, polite and inoffensive as Davison has been hounded off twitter by abuse from these regeneration-retconning fucking idiots, I really couldn't give a shit what the man who probably played the most misogynist Doctor out the lot of them has to say.

What these fucking idiots are standing up for is something which trivialises and takes the fucking piss out of the often long drawn out and painful process of gender reassignment, and what the fuck for?

Just to satisfy the sneery titillation of cheap tabloid trash like The Sun who have been braying for a female Doctor ever since Tom Baker took the fucking piss on Nationwide in 1980 before making a cunts exit.

Why DID tabloid trash like The Sun fall head over heels over the concept of trans-regeneration?

Because at the time when first suggested, they delighted in undermining and trivialising every single transgender person with idiot headlines like "Triple Transgender Switch done on the NHS"

Shame on those who support this casting sop to scum like The Sun - you think you're "PC" by yelling "Sexist dinosaurs" at everyone who hates this retcon, but really, you're just taking the piss out of transgenders you fucking hypocritical wankers.

So not so fucking PC after all. Yeah, you seriously think a gender-reassignment is as effortless and inconsequential as changing a jacket, all a good laugh and hoot, eh? Wankers.

Why has the BBC thrown this sop to Murdoch's scum?

Well, with Murdoch firmly in the ear of the government as well as many ex-employees now infiltrating the BBC, I'm guessing this bone was thrown as appeasement for the license fee, but whatever the reason behind it is, this casting has all the hallmarks of Doctor Who becoming firmly embroiled in BBC internal politics again...

...and we all know what happened last time that occurred.

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com
What these fucking idiots are standing up for is something which trivialises and takes the fucking piss out of the often long drawn out and painful process of gender reassignment, and what the fuck for?

Again this is what I have been saying for years (sure you have too of course.)

That's the thing about a female Doctor, if you're doing it for representation then its the stupidest thing you could possibly do.

To start with boys can't relate to her, but neither can girls. She's not like Xena a really feminine character. She's a guy turned into a woman after 2000 years of being a man against his will so they can't make her really feminine (unless they are going to ditch all of the previous Doctors characteristics and traits).

Also finally there is no way trans people can relate to the Doctor either for the reasons you say. The Doctor according to Moff has NO gender identity. In fact he apparently doesn't even notice the differences between genders (what a load of shit!) And he does it in a flash.

Trans people meanwhile believe that there are differences between men and women hence why they change and it takes ages, and costs a lot. Look at what Blaire White is going through now just to make herself look more feminine (not that she even needed it as she was absolutely gorgeous the way she was.)

Ironically of course there was a way to offer perfect representation for everyone if they so desired. Personally I don't think representation matters one bit, but still if they really cared about it, they could have done a spin off with Romana where her companion is a time lord who has had an operation to make them gender flip when they regenerate. There everybody would be represented and it would not be a problem.

But they had to go down this stupid, pandering, sensationalist bullshit that has sunk the show cause they are a bunch of self loathing fanboy hacks.

View user profile
However so many of the pro female Doctor people's responses are just to get back at various people. Whole articles about "HAHAHAHAHA I'm glad this is making all the white, hetero fanboys heads explode." wrote:

And THIS is the very problem with them, because of the ludicrous Daily Mail backlash they stupidly assume that everyone who opposes the regeneration-retcon casting are white racist straight misogynists - I wouldn't personally give a fuck about a black or asian guy being cast in the role provided they were quirky and entertaining, because it wouldn't conflict with canon - we know there are regional physical variations between the Doctors and skin colour is really cosmetically no different to eye or hair colour.

I couldn't care less if they wrote in a female lead in the series(maybe had the Doctor go mysteriously missing and Romana go search for him for several seasons in a huge arc), but I do have a huge problem with them retconning something in the series in the last 3 years and then expecting us who have grown up with the show over decades to just accept it like simpletons when we full well know that it conflicts with what has been firmly established within the Classic Series.

I have come across scores of female fans who hate this too, and many gay males too - hardly the preserve of traditional male-misogynist behaviour.

Fuck their Unbound Retcon-Regeneration Parody shit, at least this confirms what I've been always saying ever since 2005, and that is that NuWho is a spin-off series rather than a bona fide continuation.

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com
And THIS is the very problem with them, because of the ludicrous Daily Mail backlash they stupidly assume that everyone who opposes the regeneration-retcon casting are white racist misogynists - I wouldn't personally give a fuck about a black or asian guy being cast in the role provided they were quirky and entertaining, because it wouldn't conflict with canon - we know there are regional physical variations between the Doctors and skin colour is really cosmetically no different to eye or hair colour.

I also have no problem with a black guy in the role in principle. As you say his skin color is completely and utterly irrelevant, and there are two actors off the top of my head that I think would make amazing Doctors.

Adrian Lester would be a dynamic, Pertwee style Doctor, whilst Paterson Joseph based on his performance in Peep Show could be a brilliant crazy Tom Baker style Doctor.

However there is one problem with a black Doctor. He couldn't go to a lot of the places a white man could in the past and take charge as easily because of racist attitudes.

To be fair I think you are kind of between a rock and a hard place with that. On the one hand if you just ignore the prejudices that's bad as it makes it look like it didn't happen. However if you wallow in them it can get too preachy.

Of course a good writer like Ben Aaronivitch is able to get round them quite well like in Remembrance but the New Who lot? Check out Thin Ice, which actually manages to give us the worst of both worlds. On the one hand they make out the racism of the past didn't happen with "white washing", line yet on the other they wallow in it with the cringey bit when the Doctor punches the racist.

So yeah a black Doctor with the current production team would be utter shit. Then again they've fucked up their white Doctors too LOL, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

I couldn't care less if they wrote in a female lead in the series(maybe had the Doctor go mysteriously missing and Romana go search for him for several seasons in a huge arc),

Yes that would have been much better. Though I would still have loved a Romana spin off. In the 90's I always loved it the way we had two similar shows, but one from a male perspective and one from a female perspective, Xena and Buffy, Angel and Hercules.

Why not do that with the Doctor and Romana? The fact that they chose Class to be their spin off rather than a Romana one is ridiculous.

but I do have a huge problem with them retconning something in the series in the last 3 years and then expecting us who have grown up with the show over decades to just accept it like simpletons when we full well know that it conflicts with what has been firmly established within the Classic Series.

Yes TBH again I think that's what 99 percent of people's problems are with it. The OH MY GOD A WIMMINZ IS THE LEAD attitude is so non existent.

Personally I would have no problem to a female Doctor or Master if it made sense. Whilst I can't see any story reason for a female Doctor to work (outside of an unintetional body swap) Sadly I actually think they could have done a good story with a female Master.

I would have had it that the time lords had enough power left to send one of their own into the universe to help the Doctor find and free them. They'd obviously choose Romana, but the Master who was on his last legs after the botched regeneration in End of Time would find a way to take her over like he did to Bruce.

The Master in Romana's body would then try and kill the Doctor to stop him from freeing the Time Lords. He wouldn't snog the Doctor, but he would use the fact that the Doctor couldn't kill him without killing Romana to torture the Doctor

At the end the Doctor would find a way to remove the Masters consciousness, which would then take over someone else, (preferrably someone played by either Robert Carlyle or Simon Templeman.)

Romana would then join the Doctor until they freed Gallifrey, after which she would get her own series, eliminating the need for a female Doctor or Master and giving young girls a hero to look up to if that is so important. What's wrong with that?

View user profile
@burrunjor wrote:However there is one problem with a black Doctor. He couldn't go to a lot of the places a white man could in the past and take charge as easily because of racist attitudes.

To be fair I think you are kind of between a rock and a hard place with that. On the one hand if you just ignore the prejudices that's bad as it makes it look like it didn't happen. However if you wallow in them it can get too preachy.

Very true, but I think a black Doctor and the dangers he might face when time travelling to the past would add more jeopardy and danger to the role, although as you point out - it might diminish his authority somewhat in order to get wheels turning.

Yeah, portraying historical events like the KKK and Black Panthers all singing and partying along with each other like good buddies just looks fucking crass. It's the sort of thing the Yanks always do in their movies with their white-wash revisionisms.

@burrunjor wrote:Personally I would have no problem to a female Doctor or Master if it made sense. Whilst I can't see any story reason for a female Doctor to work (outside of an unintetional body swap) Sadly I actually think they could have done a good story with a female Master.

Yeah, I would accept a female Master had the gender-change occurred via Chameleon Arch or something, after all, he is the Master of disguise too, but NOT via retconning regeneration into a fucking sex change operation.

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com
It's just all so stupid. It's nothing to do with the actress, I don't recall her in anything, and she seems nice enough in interviews, but the idea of her prancing around as the Doctor just makes me crack up into hysterical giggles. It's going to be impossible to take it seriously, and if I can't even vaguely take the lead in any way seriously as the character they're supposed to be, then that's the end of it, even with the best will in the world.

Which is a shame for the show and the actress, who could probably have made a perfectly acceptable Romana in a spin-off.

View user profile
Very true, but I think a black Doctor and the dangers he might face when time travelling to the past would add more jeopardy and danger to the role, although as you point out - it might diminish his authority somewhat in order to get wheels turning.

Yeah, portraying historical events like the KKK and Black Panthers all singing and partying along with each other like good buddies just looks fucking crass. It's the sort of thing the Yanks always do in their movies with their white-wash revisionisms.

I hate it when they make out that the past was just as nice as now. For all their talk about representation its harmful, as it makes it look like "well what are you lot whinging about, we had black cops, black prime ministers, black monarchs in the 17th century".

I think historical stories would have to be lessened to a certain extent in the black Doctors era. You could do some that would make a point of it in an interesting way (just as Remembrance of the Daleks did), but yeah there are a lot of instances where the Doctor would have to try and get people to listen to him because he was black rather than just wander in and take charge.

If Chris Chibnall had to make headlines, pander to the so called liberal BBC, or the crazy tumblr fans, he could have easily gone for a black Doctor. I don't like casting people for box ticking, but if Chibnall had to why didn't he go down that route?

Adrian Lester could have been a sensational Doctor. Really would any of us have given a shit if he'd pulled back that hood last month? That's the thing I hate about this decision. There were so many compromises that could have been made between the old series fans and the tumblrina's.

A black Doctor, a Chinese Doctor, for diversity, a Romana spinoff for a female lead, similarly we could have had Gomez as the Rani if they wanted a strong female villain and brought the Master back later.

Everyone would be happy with that, but they had to basically spit in the faces of the fans who didn't want it, and then abuse them as sexists, racists, white supremacists etc. And they wonder why people like Ian Levine have quite watching the series in rage and disgust? He's right too, and I actually have a lot of respect for him for doing that.

Yeah, I would accept a female Master had the gender-change occurred via Chameleon Arch or something, after all, he is the Master of disguise too, but NOT via retconning regeneration into a fucking sex change operation.

Yes and as you say its not even a good metaphor for a sex change operation. The changes in personality as a result of gender regeneration are the stupidest thing about it.

In that last Simm story they seemed to make out that the Master had fallen in love with the Doctor because he had become a woman. LOL how sexist ironically. When the Master is a man he is a vicious, powerful, dangerous foe of the Doctor who seeks to make all of creation in his own image. When he becomes a woman however he is a hormonal, kissy, emotional character who can't keep her lips off of our dashing male hero.

I suppose at least it cut out the bullshit they stuck in earlier where Moff tried to make out that they had always been lovers (he even called the Master the Doctors ex.) But sadly this is even more stupid!

Imagine if in the Deadly Assassin the Master had regenerated but it had been into a woman and he had tried to shag the Doctor LOL.





Reminds me of that bit in Futurama when Bender changes into a woman and becomes more emotional and the Professor says to him. "You're falling into the final dehabilitating state of womanhood!"

View user profile
Adrian Lester could have been a sensational Doctor. Really would any of us have given a shit if he'd pulled back that hood last month? That's the thing I hate about this decision. There were so many compromises that could have been made between the old series fans and the tumblrina's. A black Doctor, a Chinese Doctor, for diversity, a Romana spinoff for a female lead, similarly we could have had Gomez as the Rani if they wanted a strong female villain and brought the Master back later. Everyone would be happy with that, but they had to basically spit in the faces of the fans who didn't want it, and then abuse them as sexists, racists, white supremacists etc. And they wonder why people like Ian Levine have quite watching the series in rage and disgust? He's right too, and I actually have a lot of respect for him for doing that. wrote:

Pretty much agree with all of that.

I dipped into Levine's facebook account a few weeks back and was amazed at the sheer amount and level of abuse he was getting.

Levine is many things, a ludicrously over-reactionary drama-queen being one of them, but a sexist, misogynist, racist, white supremacist is certainly not one of them.

Kind of funny to think that gay-fanboy geeks are the new wife-beating misogynists in NuWho morons worldview of things.

Levine WILL carry on watching the show despite how much he hates this decision - we all will, if only to see the ensuing car-crash train-wreck transpire and it slowly dawn on all of the morons supporting this crass transgender-trivialising bullshit, that it really wasn't a very good idea.

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com
Pretty much agree with all of that.

I dipped into Levine's facebook account a few weeks back and was amazed at the sheer amount and level of abuse he was getting.

Levine is many things, a ludicrously over-reactionary drama-queen being one of them, but a sexist, misogynist, racist, white supremacist is certainly not one of them.

Kind of funny to think that gay-fanboy geeks are the new wife-beating misogynists in NuWho morons worldview of things.

Levine WILL carry on watching the show despite how much he hates this decision - we all will, if only to see the ensuing car-crash train-wreck transpire and it slowly dawn on all of the morons supporting this crass transgender-trivialising bullshit, that it really wasn't a very good idea

Yes I have had some problems with Levine, but again the idea that he is a sexist, racist etc is fucking laughable.

Ironically Levine will have no doubt dealt with REAL prejudice over his sexuality unlike these privileged tumblr twats who think manspreading is a crime against humanity.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid I will not be watching it, even just to see the car crash Jodie's Doctor will be.

Not only do I think its a terrible idea, but it actually angers me. This only happened because a group of whiny, self righteous offence merchants bullied the shows makers into doing it their way. Basically in the modern world you can get what you want as long as you smear other people as this, that, and it doesn't matter how shit your arguments are you'll still get your way.

Like take a look at that blogger Whovian Feminism. She is someone who has spoken too the writers and directors of the show. In fact Rachel Talalay even promoted her blog, and said to her that she was sorry she got offended by Moff's remarks about the Queen!

Take a look at her arguments for a female Doctor. Nothing but smearing people as sexists.

Supposedly well-meaning observers always like to come in and say that hardcore fans simply won’t accept a woman portraying the Doctor. This attitude does both the show and our fandom a disservice. While there is always a smattering of assholes to prove this type of attitude does exist, they aren’t even close to a majority. And even if it were true, we should not let the direction of the show be dictated by the worst of its fans. If a misogynistic jerk who disparagingly refers to a woman Doctor as “The Nurse” says he’ll quit watching the show, he’s exactly the type of fan we should be proud to piss off. I promise, plenty of new fans (especially ones with disposable income!) are waiting in the wings to take his place.


I also asked her on twitter why she never watches ANYTHING with female heroes.

Its all a male led show she reviews which I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact that she always complains about how "I never get to see women as heroes". Its not that they don't exist, its that she dosen't fucking want to watch them!

Anyway yeah I put that question to her that she cares more about taking a role away from men than in representation for women, and her response was just to first of all say "Okay random white dude" and then say she loved the Wonder Woman movie so that proves she LOVES female heroes. Of course knowing about the film that's out in cinema's proves you have an encyclopedic knowledge of the genre. And then finally she blocked me LOL.

That was the strength of her arguments, yet she still got her way simply because if you didn't agree with her then you were a sexist.

So really I dislike what the modern Who represents. Just whine and you get your own way. Fuck everybody else, don't try and compromise, that's it.

View user profile
@burrunjor wrote:Not having a go at you personally Zarius but I really do wish people would stop pretending that the anti female Doctor side is just as bad.

Understood, and I get how my words could be construed as tarring everyone with the same feathers, I've been listening to a lot of casts on Youtube lately that have really went the other way and it's sort of clouded things a bit.

View user profile

View user profile
@Mr. Happy wrote:

UGH I like David Tennant but he of all people shouldn't be saying this. His Doctor is the one who if anything finally killed the idea of a female Doctor ever working.

I always thought it would have jarred and seemed out of place as the Doctor is a male character, but at least the older Doctors were asexual. Granted being asexual does NOT mean you are genderless. By that logic is Sherlock Holmes genderless? Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory?

However after Tennant it just seems like a parody. According to Missy not only does gender change in a flash, but so does sexuality as seen by Simm wanting to kill the Doctor and Missy wanting to shag him.

"Come on lady version I don't know what you see in him?"

So by that logic then Tennant apparently thinks it would have been perfectly okay if Eccelston had morphed into Ingrid Oliver and wanted to shag Mickey instead LOL.

View user profile
He's part of the crowd that's turned this show into a parody, I couldn't GAF what he thinks.

View user profile
I'm glad he did'nt do too much with the Autons...they're one of the few recurring monsters that have worked in New Who because they're used in small doses. Oh sure, RTD used them for a basic invasion angle, but that still worked, and Moffat's only use of them was very creative, and was one of the few times a nonsensical twist actually provided engaging television.

View user profile

Its quite unbelievable that THIS is what he regrets?

Seriously Steven? How about the following things.

Insulting your leading man at every opportunity.

My god can anyone think of a leading actor, never mind a Doctor that was more insulted than Capaldi?

First of all unlike the first 11, heck even 12 if you count John Hurt, actors in the role, Peter Capaldi was the ONLY actor who had to get the previous guy to come in and beg the companion and through her the audience to like him!

Then of course there was the fact that Jenna Coleman was actually given top billing in one of his stories (that's when she wasn't taking it over and slapping him across the face!)

Worst of all though was the way that Steven Moffat kept this female Doctor shit up which completely overshadowed Peter Capaldi's time in the role. All anyone would ever ask him from before his first episode aired to when he left was "will your successor be a woman?"

Now fair enough that crap began in the 50th when the hipster SJW's latched onto the shows fanbase like the cancer they are. However Moff courted it throughout the entire Capaldi era with Missy, constantly sticking in lines about the Doctor changing gender "the future is female" which basically made Capaldi's Doctor feel like the placeholder Doctor until the SJW's (who were apparently the main audience) got their female Doctor.

Then of course there was his vandalisation of other people's characters through the 12th Doctors era. The Master, a character who turned into a literal parody of himself. The Brigadier a character whose story was over that he brought back and turned into a flying Zombie. The Daleks who core characterisation he rewrote, the Doctor whose origin and motive he changed all in an attempt to beef up his character Clara.

Worst of all is his utter lack of courage in standing up to the puritanical, fanatical feminist bullies who slandered him as a sexist and ruined his reputation. He basically handed them the entire show on a plate. They'd get anything they wanted regardless of how much it didn't make sense, and how unpopular it was with viewers.

Moff should be utterly ashamed of everything he has put out under the name Doctor Who for the past 3 years. Nothing but spitting in fans faces and pandering to the most vicious, nasty, bullying side of fandom.

View user profile

View user profile

That was a crappy, pointless scene to be fair, but yeah when he's destroyed so much of Doctor Who's legacy and lore its astounding that one crappy scene is what actually bothers him.

Seriously? Not once has he taken a look at an old Pertwee story like say Claws of Axos and thought to himself "Hmmm that guy with the beard is now a kinky Disney character who wants to snog Jon Pertwee, that other guy with the mustache is now a flying Cyber Zombie, and Pertwee is now a big sexy woman, ALL because of what I have brought in."

Moff is the second worst thing to happen to DW.

View user profile
Only the second? Forgive me for missing the obvious, but for the sake of clarity, what was the first?

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum